What Do You Want To Happen in the Third Year of Best Wishes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Want To Happen in the Third Year of Best Wishes?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default What Do You Want To Happen in the Third Year of Best Wishes?

Ok, so we're coming up on the end of the second year of Best Wishes, which, for all intents and purposes, pretty much ends with the TR Meloetta two parter. So, what do you want to happen in the third (and apparently final) year?

I want them to finish off the rest of the region (all we've got left is Yamaji Town, Opelucid City, Aspertia City and Flocessy Town), for Pignite to evolve and Snivy to evolve at least once, for Scraggy, Palpitoad and Boldore to evolve, for Iris to battle Drayden, for Cilan to catch another Pokemon, and of course the Pokemon League itself.

Default Re: What Do You Want To Happen in the Third Year of Best Wishes?

I want and expect to see the league done away with by the end of 2012. There is a reason why the writers established that the league was only three months away, which should mean that the total gap will end up being no longer than 15 episodes (so far we know about 13 episodes). The gap may be closer to four months than to three, but the writers may not have accounted for the August breaks.

Ideally, Ash's next goal after the league should be the advanced cups in the World Tournament, which would be far closer to the in-game tournaments than to the Junior Cup. But I'm worried that this won't happen due to Ash failing to win the Junior Cup. Perhaps the Top Four in the Junior Cup (Ash, Iris, Cilan and Trip) will be eligible to enter future tournaments, which could explain why Dawn only made it to the Top 8 (to make room for those four). It is also possible that the other cups, which may be type-based (like the in-game Type Expert tournaments), won't be related to the Junior Cup at all.

Short of that, I guess that the writers could do something unique like the Orange Islands saga, but I am not sure why they would.

Blog Entries

The way I see it, there is little choice but for the League to happen soon, and a saga similar to Battle Frontier or Orange to take place after it. To do otherwise would be to delay the League for no good reason, to be like the Virtual World arc of Yugioh and provide a temporary distraction while the saga that was already in progress is not finished. Whatever it is, it could center on this new rival. I just hope that the kinds of battles and writing we saw in DP to return.
    Step into the Fairy circle

What I want!!!!!!
    So I want Ash's journey to conclude with him winnig the Indigo League! That is the Place where his story began and there it should end!
    After loosing in the Unova league final he should return and get pushed by Gary to rechallenge the Kanto gym's!

I really think we should sent Ash our Best wishes and send him along! :D I really can't handle his pushed stories!

Cilan and Iris could come along but it isn't a must! Would love to see Misty's Garados fight Iris and Dragonite! :D

YOU! SHALL NOT! PASS!! SammyW27's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    I just hope that the kinds of battles and writing we saw in DP to return.
    That would be really nice, but don't get your hopes up. Though it would be neat if what happened with Johto happened here and things picked up in its third year/the "Master Quest" eps (again, let's not get our hopes too high)
    Last edited by SammyW27; 4th September 2012 at 12:10 PM.

In ORAS, Team Aqua will be black & dirty while Team Magma is white & nerdy!

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i want it to go through the remaining plots that haven't been touched (drayden, pokemon leauge, ect) and then replace it with gen 6 with ash and co (not that BW2 trailer type junk) or my personal opinion finish the above plots and shut er down like american factorys at the end of 2012 or the end of the whole BW arc (since it only has 6 or so episodes in this current season). i say this bw arc should be the last installment and have Ash Finally complete his quest to become a pokemon master.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT IN THE THIRD YEAR OF BW
    Last edited by 97SaturnSL1; 2nd September 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Blog Entries

I want Dent's Sommelier goal to be focused on. I think Iris is getting some Dragon Master development with Kairyu and her eventual confrontation with Shaga, but Dent needs some love too.

Blog Entries

Ash and Iris as best friends and hug each other

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want there to not be a third year of Best Wishes. But that's too much to ask. Um.

I want the League to last like 2 episodes. 1 episode for Ash to beat Trip in the preliminaries via curbstomp by some of Ash's Kanto Pokemon, and 1 episode for Ash to lose in the first official round because this series' iteration of Ash doesn't even deserve a Top 16 victory.

I want Burgundy to actually win a battle. A real meaningful battle, too. And a possible subplot of her shifting from Sommelier to ordinary trainer again.

I want Bianca to continue kicking ass. She's my only hope for meaningful development leading anywhere these days.

I want some stupid anime-exclusive filler place to fill up time rather than the anime making any attempt to replicate the plot of the games. I'm convinced the writers would ruin N and everyone else who meant anything to the main story.

NO CHAMPION'S LEAGUE THIS SERIES. Goes without saying, if I want Ash to be booted out early in the League. It would just feel too wrong.

Dragonite is given to Drayden. Permanently.

Cilan crossdresses some more.

Ash releases some Pokemon because he has too goddamn many of them.

Ash wakes up from his coma and realizes his entire Unova adventure was just a dream. Dream World is trolling him.

That's all I wanna think about.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

1. Ash winning the pokemon league for now.

2. Iris' story concluded with Drayden

3. Dent and his sommelier goal.

Ash getting his ass kicked in the E4, Iris and/or Cilan leaving the group, Paul's very late cameo...
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Blog Entries

More developments about rivals and more ingame characters, that's all

Satoshi should crossdress again.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would like many things to happen, but as realist i don't expect some particularly big changes.But ok, here goes:
    -i would welcome Ash finally winning pokemon league, so seeing him coming all way through in Unova tournament would be appreciated. I can tell almost no one would expect that adding for nice twist. Besides, since wining one tournament doesn't make you pokemon master Ash could continue to travel to battle champions of other regions, enter special side quests like BF being taken to new, bigger things. But its more wishful thinking from my side, than anything else.

Additionally i would like if he brings back some of reserves back for tournament too. Like Charizard, Muk, Kingler or Torterra.

-In Iris case im hoping that possession of pokemon like Dragonite and his disobedience problems will continue to backfire on her, with some struggle and failure being added to her story to allow for meaningful character development and progression of goal during course of rest of BW.Instead of solving it away in few episodes and be done with it. Also i would like to see Axew not ending up neglected , because baby dragon is whole reason behind Iris starting journey in first place and it would be nice for change to see some training continuing to gradually grow, evolving at least to mid stage in final season of BW. Afterwards i guess i could see Iris ending as Drayden or even Alder apprentice training under their custody until she grows strong enough to become true dragon master.
    Afterwards if i could choose i would rather instead of getting new girl(to break predictably boring pattern)either keep Iris for one more region or bring back one of previous companions(like Misty or May) to develop them more but this is just me.

- With Cilan it would be nice to be done more about his rivalry with Burgundy after Unova league and focus at least little more on his connoisseur goal. Its still relatively vague and we didn't seen being done much about it lately so some character development would be more than welcomed to get, and if possible give him some new pokemon too.If he leaves by end of BW series i can see him becoming S-class connoisseur opening his own shop for connoisseurs.

- As far as Jessie, James and Meowth go after two part with Meloetta ends i would like to see TR story not ending just on that with Giovanni somehow managing to survive and escape arrest with culmination happening after league in filler arc. It would be nice to see Rocket trio realizing at some point how Giovanni doesn't really care for them either starting to self question their stay in organization eventually abandoning it. As far as 6th gen goes they could either leave cast or for some reason stay imo.

-As for older characters, i would like after Dawn return that writers continue to go in that direction bringing some other popular faces back in third year of BW;like Brock and Misty .
    Some sort of filler arc after league is inevitable so i would like tom see writers expanding on whole world tournament thing not stopping on Junior Cup. Such as creating several smaller tournaments host by Cynthia in which Ash could participate and fill up time with something before new games come out. Like Senior Cup, Champion Cup, perhaps one type tournaments with one being centered around water, other with grass etc. Because Don George tournaments can't really support by themselves whole additional year, having to exist some concrete plot going on. If that happens i could see writers maybe bringing some of older gym leaders to take part in whole thing and advertize BW2 games.

Misty and Brock in that case imo could be among first choices as iconic and important enough to warrant return both for advertizing purposes and to serve as link to past bringing continuity. And to potentially advance their own storyline, especially in Misty case with international tournaments being great way to improve skills and advance goal of becoming water master.

Chances aren't great, but they could return imo being nice way to end BW on higher note.Having some game protagonists like Cheren or Mei appearing would be great bonus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    That would be really nice, but don't get your hopes up. Though it would be neat if what happened with Johto happened here and things picked up near the end (again, let's not get our hopes too high)
    If you ask me things got picked up in Johto around time Whirl islands and TR arcs started.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 4th September 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Palpitoad and Boldore evolving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast