What do you think XY Ash will be like? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: What do you think XY Ash will be like?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you think XY Ash will be like?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    1. He doesn't lose to a rookie trainer with a level 5 starter while using a Pikachu who traveled with him AND battled with him for nearly 20 years.

2. He doesn't forget how to catch a pokemon.

3. He doesn't lose to a noob with an IQ of a rock who brings 5 pokemons to a 6-on-6 full battle.

4. He is respected among his friends and peers.

5. He improves a lot. A. LOT. He thinks strategically and uses creative combos.
    I love how good an argument this is against BW Ash. I'm cracking up...hahaha. XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I would like DP Ash back since I liked his personality and that was when his skills were at their best. That probably isn't too likely. I'd be fine with late Johto/AG Ash since he was still pretty good with his Pokemon training and battling skills and had a fun personality.
    To be fair, an ideal thing for me is to bring back the best aspects from all forms of Ash like the following:

OS Ash- Emotion and Goofy Behavior
    AG Ash- Medium between battler and goofball
    DP Ash- Battle Prowess and Depth in Rivalries
    BW Ash (yeah, even he has something cool about him)- Spontaneous Tactics

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    To be fair, an ideal thing for me is to bring back the best aspects from all forms of Ash like the following:

The Spontaneous Tactics didn't seem to come up that often in BW Ash and he didn't really look that good, especially compared to AG and DP Ash in terms of skills. I'd like something like AG Ash with the skills and good rivalry from DP.
    SammyW27 likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post

The Spontaneous Tactics didn't seem to come up that often in BW Ash and he didn't really look that good, especially compared to AG and DP Ash in terms of skills. I'd like something like AG Ash with the skills and good rivalry from DP.
    I agree, but I had to come up with something good to say about him, I guess...XD.

I liked OS Ash's goofiness a lot, personally. I'd like to see that return along with what you proposed in terms of AG Ash with the skills and the good rivalry from DP.

Avatar of Shadows Lucifer Angel's Avatar

I'd like to see Ash act like his old DP self where he knew what he was doing instead how he currently is in BW.
    Caseydia and Team Gaara like this.

"I dwell within the shadows of darkness"

Eternal ComakariShipper dracoflare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow dracoflare on Tumblr

I would take the so called "blandness" of DP over pathetic battle skills any day. I personally didn't find DP Ash bland at all. Sure he didn't have the same quirks as BW or OS Ash has, but there was this Shonen-esque rage inside him that came up in many episodes.I have seen Ash show a lot of anger in DP, sure it may not be as colorful as OS or BW but that mature Ash is what I DROOL for. That shounen-esque anger he occasionally shows is what I carve for. In other words DP Ash is my ideal Ash.

So basically that's my answer to this thread. Be your DP self.

Buuut...

Since I am a realist, I am going to guess how he will ACTUALLY turn out to be. I might have to agree with the people who said he would be his Late Johto/AG self. His look has something to him that tells me that he is much more mature than Best Wishes Ash. He actually looks like Best Wishes Ash plus one year or so. But since this is an anime and not real life, the change will be sudden instead of gradual.

Buuut....at the same time something tells me that he will be a lot goofy while being smart(er) too. He might perhaps be the ideal Ash most want.
    Ever read an Ikari+Pearlshipping fic set in an AU?

Other Fanfiction
    Road to be a Pokemon Master <---Slightly Popular Tournament Fic featuring Ash.
    Beyond Truths and Ideals<--Featuring a clash between Ash, N, Team Rocket,Team Plasma and much more.
    50 Shippings to Boot With<--Mega Project to write 50 One-shots for 50 different Shippings.

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since he appears to be a bit older in the new artwork, having him be an experienced battler and a bit more mature is feasible. Hopefully he has a whole spectrum of emotions like OS.
    SammyW27 likes this.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

I would like him to be kind of like his DP self in terms of knowledge and his AG self in terms of character. Atleast in DP I enjoyed most of the battles he did. It was much more watchable than anything in BW had. Even Pikachu I liked more in DP more than in BW.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 2nd July 2013 at 03:08 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I say don't make him his DP self COMPLETELY, because he's not perfect in that form, IMO. I stand by my claim that he lacks personality there compared to the other Ash(s). I say, mix the good traits of each Ash into one character. OS Ash's emotional depth and goofiness, AG Ash's character and kindness, DP Ash's brains, knowledge, and battle power, and BW Ash's willingness to take extreme risks.

Definitely a difficult task to accomplish, but if done even half this well, XY Ash could be incredible.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Just as long as he's better than he was in BW (which really shouldn't take much), I'll be happy
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

You can be impulsive and not be an idiot. Being an idiot is not relate-able because NO ONE thinks they are an idiot. They may think they make bad decisions and call themselves idiots but no one admits to being a dumbass so how can anyone relate to one? Impulse however is incredibly relate able. Everybody feels angry or eager sometimes. BW was less impulsive and more stupid. We really need the inverse. Ichigo and Ike are good examples of Red Onis who are not dumb. And before you go "Japanese youth are academically stress and may feel insecure about school". Yeah but they would blame school or lazily right? And Egoraptor of internet fame may be a high school drop out and may make some facepalm worthy mistakes sometimes but he has good understanding of game design and is actually really fucking clever. Going that route would make them feel better about themselves more than "he's dumb but he's good a fantasy stuff" especially if he isn't actually good at fantasy stuff and just gets lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'm an all out Ash hater, but I think he looks a bit older on this picture:

Maybe there is hope?

1. He doesn't lose to a rookie trainer with a level 5 starter while using a Pikachu who traveled with him AND battled with him for nearly 20 years.

2. He doesn't forget how to catch a pokemon.

3. He doesn't lose to a noob with an IQ of a rock who brings 5 pokemons to a 6-on-6 full battle.

4. He is respected among his friends and peers.

5. He improves a lot. A. LOT. He thinks strategically and uses creative combos.
    Oh please, In B/W series he lost to Trip just after Trip received his first pokemon, Snivy. That's his "improvement".

Personally, I like only the Ash from Gen I anime. He was much more realistic, the Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town, a hot spirited boy striving to become an Ace. He isn't that anymore now, all I see in him now is a guy who must get all badges in one region, try his luck at the league/tournaments, and then GTFO of that region and move out to another region to start from beginning. Ash became a lame mascot to cash in more money from 9 year old kids who don't have an idea what quality of writing even is. All old pokemon fans know that.
    Yato, FANG-TAN, Neowsu and 1 others like this.

The Stray Veteran Pokemon Blazing Charmander's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I definitely get the sense of Ash being a more competent trainer in XY from his new character art, which in turn gives me some fresh hope for the next saga after losing a lot for Best Wishes. On the other hand, I have been a Pokemon fan for long enough to know that hope and expectations are built up and dashed completely more often than not.

With Best Wishes I have always had the impression that Ash has been treating his journey through Unova more like a vacation than another stepping stone towards being a Pokemon Master, so it would be nice if his Kalos adventure picks up from where his Sinnoh one ended (that being a Top 4 finish in the Sinnoh League and an aspiration to enter the Champion League). Mix together his best traits from each series prior to BW and he will be fun and worthwhile to watch again in my eyes.
    "My Dream..."

Blog Entries

If Pikachu loses in his first battle in the first ep, I will raeg.

I'm hoping Ash will be a bit more competent but at the same time, keep some of his enthusiasm. To me, that would be the perfect combo but knowing my luck, we won't get it and he'll be the same old n00b.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    If Pikachu loses in his first battle in the first ep, I will raeg.

I'm hoping Ash will be a bit more competent but at the same time, keep some of his enthusiasm. To me, that would be the perfect combo but knowing my luck, we won't get it and he'll be the same old n00b.
    Maybe Ash will be competent in XY but if the writers make something happen to Pikachu like before than it really wouldn't be his fault. He just would have no choice but to catch new pokemon anyways. So it doesn't matter if he was smart of not, it's the story plot. Instead of all of this happening, maybe Pikachu getting lost instead of being depowered might be better. However, he will still catch new pokemon anyway because they are advertisements.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12