What do you think the nature of Ash and Serenas' past interaction is? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What do you think the nature of Ash and Serenas' past interaction is?

Add BlazinBisharp on Facebook
    Visit BlazinBisharp's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What do you think the nature of Ash and Serenas' past interaction is?

My theory is that she once lived in Kanto but moved for some reason to Kalos, ash being who he is has completely forgot who she is and she'll be either keeping it a secret of knowing ash or will try to jog his memory, plus I think when she sees ash is after the news-chopper reports ash surviving the fall from that tower.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Default Re: What do you think the nature of Ash and Serenas' past interaction is?

What do I think the nature of Ash and Serenas' past interaction is?

Well, you decide :P (from the extended preview)

Also, Serena is wearing a straw hat (has a red ribbon surrounding it)... She might just be Luffy in disguise ;)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ash-serena.jpg  

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    What do I think the nature of Ash and Serenas' past interaction is?

Well, you decide :P (from the extended preview)

Also, Serena is wearing a straw hat (has a red ribbon surrounding it)... She might just be Luffy in disguise ;)
    all i can say is PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE IMPENDING SHIPPING STORM!!!!
    SammyW27, Serena and Krzysztof like this.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    Hey, at least they'll have a reason and what could might pass as evidence to ship this time!
    Last edited by SammyW27; 18th October 2013 at 08:51 PM.
    Kalos Adventurer likes this.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    The shippers over where I live are excited. Ash was uninterested in all the girls he'd been traveling with, and now we have Serena, who actually met him when he was little.

And a popular response from a fan was,

"OMG Ash wasn't gay or asexual or anything - he was already taken! That's why he wasn't interested in all the girls he met! What a loyal guy!"

Hopefully, we get to see some light fluffy moments with Ash and Serena. Remember how the Curtis and Yancy dating side-quest in the games were light and cute? They might provide us some minor shipping scenes for us :D maybe some occasional blushing, the usual childhood crush.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be fair Serena didn't even existed in Ash past life until XY games came up and she was created(talking about retconned past and modified character childhood).
    But anyhow as far as nature of Ash and Serena relationship goes they were either childhood friends which grew together in Pallet or outskirts of it until she and parents moved to Kalos.

Or they accidentally bumped into each other when Ash was playing in woods encountering Serena while hurting herself. As noticed in flashback when bandaging her knee. Being possibly acquintances with Ash unselfish help and naive, rash attitude driven with high excitement for pokemon leaving positive impression on her causing to remember him several years later.Something which with Ash from looks of it doesn't seem to be the case.

Whether they were friends or just strangers which met each other getting to know themselves will be answered soon enough when Ash and Serensa officially meet each other again.

Judging by all this starting hints it might imply how Serena during childhood developed case of young crush on main protagonist, but for the sake of storyline and its credibility i personally hope its nothing more than admiration played from her side with Ash serving as inspiration to becoime stronger and develop skills driven with same excitement in achieving her aims. Since i want her to be more of her own character rather than defined by Ash as love interest which has no basis to go anywhere either given how they'll likely replace her too, along with never being fan of such things much myself(no ofense to those who are).
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 19th October 2013 at 01:47 AM.
    PockyAddict and Masato like this.

my theory, based on the flashbacks, is that Serena and her family went to Kanto for vacation. They probably went to visit Professor Oak's laboratory but somehow, Serena wandered off into a forest and got lost. She was crying and her loud tears probably agitated a Pokemon and it tried to attack her but Ash defended her from the Pokemon. After that, he patched her leg and then helped her out of the forest. When she was reunited with her mom, she wanted to thank Ash but he disappeared.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132
    Judging by all this starting hints it might imply how Serena during childhood developed case of young crush on main protagonist, but for the sake of storyline and its credibility i personally hope its nothing more than admiration played from her side with Ash serving as inspiration to becoime stronger and develop skills driven with same excitement in achieving her aims. Since i want her to be more of her own character rather than defined by Ash as love interest which has no basis to go anywhere either given how they'll likely replace her too, along with never being fan of such things much myself(no ofense to those who are).
    I agree. It would be disappointing if Serena's character was defined by her interest in Ash and I hope her wanting to find him is extra motivation on top of another reason to go travelling and not a reason in itself.

I'm hesitant to read too much into these scenes, since there's not a lot to go on, but I'm going to assume everything is platonic. Maybe it's a case of them being close friends when they were younger, where Ash was always helpful and dependable in her eyes which might have lead to a degree of hero/idol worship. Or maybe it was just a one off incident that just happened to stick with her; perhaps there was something about him that made her really curious, or inspired her or something.

However it plays out, I'm expecting and hoping it won't be anything romantic. Young kids and romance just do not go together in my mind.

I don't think there will be any sort of romantic subplot between Ash and Serena since it would be out of character for Pokemon to have a romantic subplot between two main characters. If there is any sort of romance, I hope they limit it to subtle hints. Then again, seeing how Ash is so dense when it comes to romance, I doubt Ash would even have romantic feelings for Serena (But remember, the writers of the show are known to be inconsistent).

Like what pokemon fan 132 said, I would rather that Serena be someone who admires Ash as opposed to having romantic feelings towards him. Hopefully, she will go beyond that admiration and develop her own identity as a Pokemon trainer (Or whatever path she decides on).
    "The strongest Pokémon... Is this... the fulfillment of my dream?" --Dr. Fuji
    Brock: And I decided I want you to be my partner!
    Girl: What?!

I'm guessing they could have been neighbors, since in the games Calem/Serena refers to you as "neighbor" quite often. I'm guessing she moved to Palet Town at a young age and lived next door to Ash before moving to Kalos a few years later (since your character in the game has moved to Kalos from another region as well.)

~Claimer of Pansage in the Claim a Pokemon thread~
    ~Claimer of Cilan in the Claim a Character thread~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    "OMG Ash wasn't gay or asexual or anything - he was already taken! That's why he wasn't interested in all the girls he met! What a loyal guy!"
    ... That would actually be pretty cute.
    Serena likes this.

I'm on the 'knew each other briefly as kids in Pallet Town' bandwagon. I also think Ash, being Ash, will not remember her. xD
    Serena's motivation for a journey seems to be for the Pokemon/training/journey itself and Ash is just a bonus.

Serena ♥ Reika ♥ Julie
    ♥~ Call me any of them! ~♥

追放されたバカ

Visit Rewile's Youtube Channel

Ash will get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by Masato View Post
    I don't think there will be any sort of romantic subplot between Ash and Serena since it would be out of character for Pokemon to have a romantic subplot between two main characters. If there is any sort of romance, I hope they limit it to subtle hints. Then again, seeing how Ash is so dense when it comes to romance, I doubt Ash would even have romantic feelings for Serena (But remember, the writers of the show are known to be inconsistent).

Like what pokemon fan 132 said, I would rather that Serena be someone who admires Ash as opposed to having romantic feelings towards him. Hopefully, she will go beyond that admiration and develop her own identity as a Pokemon trainer (Or whatever path she decides on).
    We've had romance subplots before without it going over the top and overshadowing major plots, Contestshipping, Pokeshipping ( Back in the first series ) So it is possible while giving her a goal at the same time.

It's hard to say at this point, whatever it must have been even just a one time encounter must have left a big impression on her in order for her to go search for him like that.

Guess will see how things go when they meet.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

追放されたバカ

Visit Rewile's Youtube Channel

I will not let this thread die! QRJIJQNOWCEPQDQEPQW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast