• 1 Post By Hidden Mew
  • 2 Post By Chronos
  • 1 Post By L-05308
  • 2 Post By PTOldMan
  • 1 Post By Ampharos King

Thread: What do you think of Dr. Zager?

Blog Entries

Default What do you think of Dr. Zager?

As people know, Dr. Zager was created in Best Wishes! to "guide" Team Rocket, giving them information about the respective Pokémon they're going to encounter etc.

What's your opinion about him?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What do you think of Dr. Zager?

Moved for now as Seger might not be popular enough to warrant PL status.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I feel like he is the Team Rocket Trio's version of Namba

Blog Entries

For my opinion, I find the guy really lackluster and boring. There's no little quirks or specs of humour; it's all about the planning and the overseriousness puts me off.

I also think the role he plays (as the scientist/leader of the trio) isn't neccessary.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

He is a phemoninally boring and unnecessary character who fills in a niche that didn't need to be filled in the first place. Like Iteru pointed out, there is absolutely nothing outstanding about him and he lacks any real substance, even for this show. He's pretty much the epitome of a generic evil scientist.
    What makes it even worse it that...well...his plans and contraptions are complete shit. If his machines aren't blown up with little provocation, they're undone by planning so flawed it'd make Dr. Doofenshmirtz facepalm.

Failure of a character who isn't even remotely memorable, and who can't leave the show soon enough imo.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I'd laugh so much if he started chocking while doing one of his evil laughs XD

He's boring. Reaaaaaally boring. And unnecessary too. I hope he won't appear ever again when BW is over.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I think that Dr. Zager is a really boring character too. There's nothing really memorable about him and he does come off as the generic evil scientist I understand that he's the person that gives the trio their missions since Giovanni became too busy, but I don't really see why he's been helping out the trio with their missions like with flying the helicopters. That's more like grunt work than something their unnecessary leader needs to do. It also doesn't help his case that his plans are pretty weak and the devices he makes for the missions are easily destroyed more often than not. I certainly wouldn't miss him if he leaves after BW.
    Mikuri likes this.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dr. Zager = Useless character. Just like that Flint guy from earlier in BW.
    martianmister and Hidden Mew like this.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

They should've kept Pierce instead

He's not much a scientist (especially when compared to Drs. Namba and Sebastian) (And I really don't like how he looks like a poor man's Dr. Wily). More like a wheel man. They should've let Pierce have that job with Zager, or even better, that secretary, guide the Trio via video messages.

I know their plans for the series were effed up (twice), but you think they could use some common sense every now and then...
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Well, I'll say it, I think Proffesor Zager is awsome!

The banter he shared with Jessie and James when their Ghost TRain plan started to fall to bits, James is telling him what to do with the hellicopter and Zager just throws back sarcasm, love it. I'll admit he is not always the most intresting character but I feel he is still sinister.
    Gengarzilla likes this.

Blog Entries

I actually like him! I mean, I like the fact that he is with Jessie, James and Meowth.
    I would have preferred Pierce to stay with them, but I understand why the writers decided to stick with him. To start things off, the writers want JJM to seem professional and competent, so that we believe that they are important as Rockets. So, the fact that Dr. Zager can be blamed for most of their failures is good for JJM, as it is not fair anymore to say that they fail because of their lack of competence, which is excellent for Jessie, James and Meowth, even if we look at them through the eyes of Giovanni. Jessie, James and Meowth are still competent; Dr. Zager is to be blamed of everything!

Plus, I also like the fact that he has a pretty cool German accent in my dub (European Portuguese), which at least makes him interesting to hear from.
    SammyW27 and HumanDawn like this.
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PTOldMan View Post
    Plus, I also like the fact that he has a pretty cool German accent in my dub (European Portuguese), which at least makes him interesting to hear from.
    That DOES make him sound more entertaining!

Dang it, TPCI. Why couldn't you have given him an accent like that?
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When he first debuted near the end of the Scraggy hatch episode, my impression of Dr. Zager was that he was a relatively minor character. Considering the significance of his role during the Meteonite story arc, I assumed that Dr. Zager was just a meteoriticist working for the organization. After the events of the skipped TR vs. TP episodes, Giovanni was "nowhere to be found," with Dr. Zager being "promoted" to supervise TRio and assign them missions in the future. He essentially replaced Giovanni as TRio's primary contact in Best Wishes. Jessie and James reported to him after they secured what they thought was an extravagant mansion in BW026, and in BW035 when TRio discussed Zager's plans for the stolen Audino.

Not soon after BW023, Dr. Zager was later mentioned as the one who developed weapons for TRio by using the materials and research blueprints that TRio had collected in previous episodes. In that sense, Zager was fulfilling a role not unlike the one that Dr. Namba served alongside Butch and Cassidy in the past.

As Dr. Zager's role in BW was replicated by others in the past, my impression of the character is jaded. If I had to describe Dr. Zager in a few words, it would simply be a "more serious version of Dr. Namba." Nevertheless, I feel that Zager is absolutely necessary to keep the BW series afloat in between Ash's important gym battles. If it were not for Dr. Zager supervising TRio and assigning them missions to occupy their time, there would have been numerous episodes filled with more attempts from TRio in stealing Pikachu and other pokemon, similar in nature to the episodes that had aired in previous series.

Since Dr. Zager assigns TRio on these missions, there is an excuse for the writers to not feature those characters in every episode like they had in the past. And since the writers got rid of the TRio formula, the BW episodes have been more enjoyable to watch, in my opinion, as other recurring characters were focused on instead.
    Gengarzilla likes this.