Ways the anime could fix the banned episodes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Ways the anime could fix the banned episodes

Follow 146Chris On Twitter
    Visit 146Chris's Youtube Channel

Default Ways the anime could fix the banned episodes

well we got a few US banned episodes and some never aired in japan.

How can they edit them to make them ok so they wont be banned.

Im talking about the porygon episode,the ice cave,team rocket VS team plazma,etc.

Right how you think they can be edited to be unbanned below.

Join The Poke League forums today, have a chance of winning a free copy of Pokémon X and Y!

Friend Codes
    Black - 5071-8752-3048
    Black 2 - 5372-8219-4417
    X/Y/3DS - 1891-1162-9584

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ways the anime could fix the banned episodes

Well, I think if FUNimation's able to turn Mr. Popo's black skin to blue in hand-drawn animation, I'm pretty sure the Japanese animators can do the same for Jynx's skin color (though English speaking countries will probably never see it) . The Ice Cave! is a really good Johto filler and I hope many people get a chance to see it. As for the Porygon ep, another incredible episode, heavily dimming the colors and slightly slowing the paka-paka effect down would help (again, its highly unlikely this episode will ever see the airwaves again). The Plasma episodes have no objectionable content so TV Tokyo will air them when they are ready.

Blog Entries

The animators shouldn't have to change anything to compensate for over-sensitive censorship. The episodes the US didn't air, bar the ones that also didn't air in Japan, didn't have any content that required editing. The only thing that should be changed is the criteria for censorship.

Registered User GameCubeController's Avatar

They should consider releasing that banned AG earthquake episode, as the reason they didn't air it was out of respect for a big earthquake in Japan, and it has been a long time.

A while back, I did edit the Porygon episode but putting a very dark "grayscale" effect on any part with the flashing red and blue lights (Doesn't a white light seem more suited to an explosion than flashing red and blue lights?). It wasn't that hard so I'm sure if they really wanted to, they could easily edit it.

Moe
    Blog Entries

Considering that the Beauty and the Beach episode managed to only get shown once, never got a release on any of the DVD sets and doesn't get played in reruns - despite receiving heavy editing, I'd suggest that there's no chance we will see that ever happen, especially for the more controversial ones - I genuinely believe that the master of the Porygon episode would have been destroyed.

I certainly agree it is a shame, the Porygon episode has a great plot and the Ice Cave one is one of the better episodes of Johto, and the Tauros out of nowhere is a good reason to one day air the Legend of Dratini.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

The only episodes listed in this thread that have any chance of seeing an English dub are the Rocket vs. Plasma two-parter. Everything else is way too old for TPCI to bother with.
    PockyAddict likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

OSHAWHAT?

Is this just a bunch of hypothetical situations or would we actually be proposing this? Then again, I wonder if it would make any difference when it comes to coming up with solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by GameCubeController View Post
    They should consider releasing that banned AG earthquake episode, as the reason they didn't air it was out of respect for a big earthquake in Japan, and it has been a long time.
    And since then an event more impactful earthquake has come.

Hypothetically, if they were to edit the episode... redo scenes to take out the shaking? ("Island Battle! Barboach vs Whiscash!") But I'm sure they've made the shaking so important to the plot that to change things to make the episode airable in Japan would be way too big of a pain. Doubt there's anything the US would find offensive of the episode on its own, but Japan wouldn't show it and they wouldn't give it to the US. That episode... "doesn't exist" anymore. Like the Porygon episode.
    GameCubeController likes this.
    Seasons =/= Regions

they could eventually re-do the Team plasma episodes! In this way:
    -Giovanni calls the trio telling them the Time for their MAIN Plan has come and they now can Use the meteorite!
    -After some episode including Prof J and Looker they got an emergency call to reach the Desert Resort!
    -Waruvile has to be cut out of the eps because than it wasn't caught by Ash and all Pokes that have evolved (Tranquill or dweeble) can not appear!

-This things we know are included in the episodes! But the possibility of this eps airing and TP appearing at all are really small, as time pasts and this episodes progress so fast! ! MAybe at the dragonspiral tower?

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

The TP episodes aren't considered banned. Just postponed still. Refer here to discuss TP in the anime.

Blog Entries

For the Krokorok thing in the two parter, they could have Ash rotate with "his" Krokorok at Juniper's and that one being a different one. Or if it had no bearing on the plot they can cut out his scene or just take him out. That is if they decide to go through with these retcons.

As for US banned, 4kids could've edited Beauty and the Beach from the start. The Tauros Episode I don't mind since Ash BARELY used them at all and soccer moms would never let Pokemon itself live down the guns.

OSHAWHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    As for US banned, 4kids could've edited Beauty and the Beach from the start. The Tauros Episode I don't mind since Ash BARELY used them at all and soccer moms would never let Pokemon itself live down the guns.
    Are you just thinking of the James thing? I think many people do. But this is from Dogasu's Backpack, regarding the episode.

This was a really weird episode, and not just because of Kojirou's tig ol' bitties. The whole thing - the kids befriending a creepy old pedophile, the unusually (for this show) realistic portrayal of women in bathing suits, the nonsensical plot - feels like a random, throw-away fanservice-y episode instead of the logical progression from a three-episode arc to Satoshi's next Gym Battle. When I watch this episode, I get the same feeling I would get if someone took a volume of Pokemon Special and then crammed an uncensored Dengeki Pikachu chapter into the middle of it. Really weird and out-of-place.
    Based on this... recently I've been starting to think that the issue with James wasn't the one mere issue of the episode, but the straw that broke the camel's back. Otherwise, it would've aired more. (Unless the episode having the "Pokemon World" theme song instead of the first theme song was a big issue to. But I dunno...)

I'm just saying I don't think getting rid of the James thing would've been enough.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    Based on this... recently I've been starting to think that the issue with James wasn't the one mere issue of the episode, but the straw that broke the camel's back. Otherwise, it would've aired more. (Unless the episode having the "Pokemon World" theme song instead of the first theme song was a big issue to. But I dunno...)

I'm just saying I don't think getting rid of the James thing would've been enough.
    The reason it doesn't air is because it's part of this weird "Season 2.5" that includes this episode and only this episode. If someone wants to air it, or release it, or dub it, or otherwise do something with it, they have to license that very specific episode, and well, when there's 500+ episodes available for licensing in handy 52-episode chunks, there's no reason for anyone to bother doing that.
    Airing that episode would not cause any rush of viewers that would make it worth purchasing separately. Putting that episode on a DVD (and they're not going to be able to sell a DVD with a single episode, so they'd have to toss episodes from some standard seasons on it anyway) isn't going to increase the sales by some noteworthy amount.
    That's why you never see it - the show is simply too big for there to be any profit in licensing one single specific episode. It has nothing to do with content.

There's also a pretty good chance most people directly involved with these licensing decisions have forgotten/aren't aware that it exists in the first place, too. As said, it's this weird one-off thing that doesn't belong anywhere.
    Dogasu likes this.
    So.

Porygon Electric soldier: Take out the red/blue explosion
    Beauty and the beach: Take out the breast expansion and just have it Misty vs Jessie like always and make Delia win in the end
    Ice Cave: Make Jynx not look racist but strangely it still looks sexist even at purple
    PokeShipper

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Now that technology developed better than before, I'm guessing they could bring back the porygon episode. It was because of Pika's stupid seizure that got pokemon in trouble. Surely they have better ways to take care of it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast