Want to get back into the anime

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Want to get back into the anime

Blog Entries

Default Want to get back into the anime

I want to get back into watching the anime.
    Should I start again from Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova like I did with DP(Sinnoh Leauge)?
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

Default Re: Want to get back into the anime

Id wait till after the Unova league if I were you.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash's Battle Coach View Post
    Id wait till after the Unova league if I were you.....
    When will it finish?
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

well the dub is around 13/14 episodes behind so id give it about 3 months lol

Blog Entries

It stars at BW098 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia so what episode does the league finish?
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

Do what I do. Find a Website that someone uploaded the entire series and watch them all!
    I can't stand coming into a series in the middle and try to "Pick up on" what's going on.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I would start from what ever series/episode you last left off with. It makes no sense to start in the middle of the series. I did that when I got back into the anime with Rival Destinies. And now I realize I should start watching the DP episode cause I haven't seen most of them yet and it 'll give me more of a background of what happens between DP and BW. So now I've been watching both BW and DP to catch myself up with the series as a whole.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Do what I do. Find a Website that someone uploaded the entire series and watch them all!
    I can't stand coming into a series in the middle and try to "Pick up on" what's going on.
    Start from BW even though I saw the first 24 episodes a while back?
    I'm not here
    This isn't happening
    I'm not here

league ends in BW108.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Trent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Start from BW even though I saw the first 24 episodes a while back?
    Well, I actually started from the first season but only because my nephew never saw anything prior to BW and I wanted him to grasp the full story.

But, I enjoy the anime enough to rewatch episodes that I've seen and sometimes it's worth it because you'll notice something new the 2nd go around that you may have missed or not full understood then.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

id continue off from where you last left off and skip some of the Adventures in unova unless you have a high tolerance of incopetentce beyond comprehesion.

I'd watch all episodes starting from where you left off. I don't like watching bits of series, and in fact, right now I'm on my re-watch of the whole series. I must be insane to do this, though. I don't know how I'll survive Johto, though...
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My recommendation is to first watch some of episodes before to refresh memory and get familiar with things, later on continuing from where you stopped.

Granted you could just start with newest season of current series, or some series prior to that but its generally better to follow anime from start of some saga working your way up, instead of dropping by in middle of it. That way you can get insight in all things and avoid confusion, if something from past is reintroduced or becomes relevant to storyline again(like TR and Giovanni). So if i was getting back into anime i would probably just continue from where i stopped catching up eventually with newest stuff.

Or you could always do parallel watching, starting with BW, and watching older sagas when you have time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    I'd watch all episodes starting from where you left off. I don't like watching bits of series, and in fact, right now I'm on my re-watch of the whole series. I must be insane to do this, though. I don't know how I'll survive Johto, though...
    I re-watched Johto awhile ago and actually it wasn't that bad. It started very strongly and while it may have had good chunk of fillers many of them were surprisingly more enjoyable to watch than i remember they used to be.

It also gave some good growth to Misty and Brock getting more focus compared to Kanto and Master Quest was easily series highlight with Whirl islands, TR arcs, league etc.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I would have to disagree with what pretty much everyone's been saying. Pokemon isn't a series with that much plot going on that it's incomprehensible if you pickup somewhere in the middle. There are a lot of subpar episodes this time around, that you really don't need to subject yourself to. If it were a series where the plot of every episode was dependent upon the prior episode, I would stay start with what you know, but with pokemon honestly you can just pick and choose the episodes that look interesting to you and not miss out on much. If that's not your style, start with where you left off, but if you want enjoyment out of watching it, pick and choose.
    Ashs Battle Coach likes this.

Honestly? If you really want to get back into it and get a good sense of the storyline I would start with Advanced Generation. It's true Pokemon isn't FMA:Brotherhood when it comes to plot, but there are stil little references and connections that you will enjoy catching if you've watched things in order.

The reason I recommend AG is because it's a big enough departure from the original series so you won't be watching Bye Bye Butterfree for the 80th time, but will still have a relatively nature-filled setting and similar plots. DP gets a bit more "high tech" in its visuals which ultimately effects the plot as well. Of course, if you want to watch DP instead, go for it - just note that BW will have much less connections to DP as DP will to AG. I'm rewatching DP myself and it's been a lot of fun!

let's go on an adventure, friend!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast