http://i.imgur.com/UUUNf.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/TJlJU.jpg

Summaries.

Credits

Preview:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2MiitONiJE&feature=plcp
    Last edited by Karamazov; 8th November 2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Updating

Default Re: Virgil and Eevees

I wonder what the ice in the background is about. The episode may take place in the Giant Chasm, but I don't see Kyurem having much of a role.

it is a frozen dam, and the kid is a "rescuer" doing work there. it shows the eevees battling some crygonals, which is probably the reason. that is the entire episode's plot right there folks!

@sunyshore What do you make of the air date? Most of the Eevee goods will be on sale starting from October, and we have three weeks in that month that are unaccounted for. What could explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    @sunyshore What do you make of the air date? Most of the Eevee goods will be on sale starting from October, and we have three weeks in that month that are unaccounted for. What could explain this?
    the 11/15 airdate? well, the major pokemon center promotion for eevees will be right around then, but yes, most eevees come out starting october. maybe the heads of merchandising wanted to do eevee stuff first, and the anime episode came later to help promote the eevee toy onslaught. if one of the three main characters is not getting an eevee that is all i can imagine! they would not be putting out what will quickly become hundreds of new goods just for this virgil and his eevee rescue team. he is a side effect of it, i believe.

This guy is also going to be in the league, so there's no reason for the writers to give anyone an Eevee when we'll just seem them all again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    This guy is also going to be in the league, so there's no reason for the writers to give anyone an Eevee when we'll just seem them all again soon.
    But there may be a reason to have Virgil give his Eevee to another character by the end of the league. Since he already has all seven Eeveelutions, his Eevee may be better off with someone else - especially if the powers that be want to continue promoting it.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

So does this guy own every eevee? and he will most likely use them in the league if we see him?
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

If I didn't know better, I would have thought that this guy's name was a corruption of Banjirou (Virgil = Baajiru) :P

Ganbare Lizardon!! Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Why not just keep his Eevee as it? That way he truly has Eevee and all of its forms. Maybe it won't want to evolve at all? Oh wait we had this plot before in Kanto...

If Virgil is the opponent Ash ends up losing to in the league, which I think is likely, it will be interesting to see which Pokémon he will use last (presumably against Pikachu). I can't see any of the seven Eeveelutions being promoted over the others, but I don't see Eevee being glorified as it were Virgil's strongest Pokémon. Considering that the league will most likely end in mid-January, it is certainly possible that the Generation VI promotion will have started by then, allowing Virgil's Eevee to evolve into a new Pokémon that would appropriately stand out as Virgil's last resort. It would be similar to what happened with Blaziken in the Johto League.

I have a sinking feeling he'll give the Eevee to Cilan. *If* the possibility of him giving it to anyone is there. ._.

So it looks like Virgil is this league's "gimmick trainer". First it was Trollbias, now him.

Oshawott used Baton Pass!
    ~Tumblr~Twitter~

Blog Entries

Eeveelutions...eeveelutions everywhere! Even at the league!! Oh boy...Virgil needs a to be a VERY interesting character to make up for his lackluster Pokémon team. :/
    Why are the writers introducing league rivals this late into the series when BW is already full of great rivals ( besides Shootie) they can use?

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Most people would only use one of the Eeveelutions, does Virgil breed Eevees for a living or something. The fact that Virgil is competing in the League gives me the feeling that he, like Kotetsu, is going to be one of those "I only exist to beat Ash in the league" characters, even if he does have a rather lackluster team of all Eeveelutions, but maybe it's not really his real team, maybe he has other Pokemon besides Eevee. On another note, Virgil looks a lot like Trip in appearance, maybe they're brothers or something, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by H.M View Post
    I have a sinking feeling he'll give the Eevee to Cilan. *If* the possibility of him giving it to anyone is there. ._.

So it looks like Virgil is this league's "gimmick trainer". First it was Trollbias, now him.
    I'm not sure about the Cilan getting an Eevee part, while it's true that Cilan needs another Pokemon after a while, I don't think Eevee is the choice. And unlike Tobias, who had no buildup to his appearance and just came out of nowhere, Virgil's appearance is foreshadowed by this episode, even if it is a last minute appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Eeveelutions...eeveelutions everywhere! Even at the league!! Oh boy...Virgil needs a to be a VERY interesting character to make up for his lackluster Pokémon team. :/
    Why are the writers introducing league rivals this late into the series when BW is already full of great rivals ( besides Shootie) they can use?
    I have no idea, it's obvious that they're giving another excuse for Ash to lose this league as well, they did this back in Hoenn with Morrison and Tyson, and now they are doing it again with Kotetsu and Virgil.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 19th September 2012 at 08:41 AM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, another episode where all of the current members of the Eevee line are gathered together as a group.

But if Virgil caught all seven Eeveelutions, then how can he have them out at once if trainers can only keep six captured pokemon with them at a time?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast