Unova league in 3 months (in anime time) - Page 8
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Seek the sparrow prince Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Once again Ash almost clean swept the entire Gym lineup this time for what it's worth.
    Exactly. They get the job done just like the DP team and although we don't see them training as often it has never been stated that they don't train (most of it could be offscreen), so Satoshi getting a bad position in this league just to realise he needs to train more doesn't make sense. They're not going to sacrifice the hype for this event for something that isn't an issue from a storytelling position.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I don't want them to be deprived, I just think the writers would be ridiculous to not have him bring any back.
    He did prove in Hoenn that he CAN do as good with a new team as he'd do with the older ones
    Though with the Hoenn team it easier to believe they're more-or-less equal to his Kanto and Johto teams... to believe his BW team is as good as the DP team? impossible to me, unless they'd somehow give him tons of serious training and development and focus on all the poor neglected ones...

And if a few Isshu Pokemon didn't make it in the league at all because Satoshi brought a lot of older ones in, I'd be okay with that too. Because at least that would show Satoshi acknowledging that he needs to use his very best Pokemon if he hopes to win.
    That's a really un-Ash thing to do, to "acknowledge he needs his very best Pokémon" - he'd surely want to prove his new ones are good enough too, even if he's use some older ones - just like in the Sinnoh League...

If Satoshi honestly thinks he can win the league with Isshu Pokemon only, then maybe he is as dumb as a lot of people think he is.
    Well, if somehow all participants are on their first/second journey and are as experienced as Ash or less, then maybe he could technically win with a brand new team only (in the GFs, at least, people like Dawn, Zoey and Drew managed to get to the finals...) but I can't see it happening with the BW team (and if he'd ever win a League then I agree that all/most of his older Poké should be used, and not just the new ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Haruka definitely had a very battling approach to contests compared to what we saw from other coordinators like Shuu, so even though it was brought up much later, it made sense when looking back.
    The same it'd make sense if Ash would look back at what he did in Sinnoh and how he's doing now... but I guess personal opinions really do get very involved in this, since each of us view things differently...

However Satoshi's Isshu team haven't at all been shown to be a weaker team compared to previous groups; they'll get all 8 badges like the previous ones (I think this is where you confuse me a lot because apparantly the team is bad yet they will earn all the badges properly unlike the Kanto team).
    Well, I never said the Kanto team was better - they're probably what I count as the worst if to look at their "personality" or "development" (lack of, if to be accurate) and at how they were handled during their actual generation...
    But I still can't compare the BW team to the DP one... yeah, they got all badges, but most of these Gym Battles weren't nearly as good as the DP ones, at least to me... and again I hate how Ash catches too many Poké which ends up with him having Poké that barely have any focus/screentime/development/personality/anything - in a big contrast to how well developed his DP team was

He's never gotten a worse position before and I doubt he ever will. The writers have shown that he can get an equal rank to a previous league so that seems like the obvious option if they didn't want him to seem better than he was in DP, but there's just no evidence to suggest that they think that.
    I guess it's possible and maybe even likely he'll get Top 4 again (but in my opinion there's NO WAY he'll win, Top 4 is really the most he should be able to get here and even that is ONLY if they insist not to let him "take a step back") but I'll stick to my wish of "Top 16 -> depression -> serious training" since I like it XD we'll have to wait and see what happens - until then, I guess anything is possible (though I still view a win as impossible... and in case it somehows happen then it'd be ridiculous in my opinion at least...)

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    He did prove in Hoenn that he CAN do as good with a new team as he'd do with the older ones
    True. But he has so many Pokemon under his belt now that it wouldn't make sense to ignore them. Plus...

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    That's a really un-Ash thing to do, to "acknowledge he needs his very best Pokémon"
    Isn't that exactly what he did in DP? He knew he couldn't win without bringing back his old ones.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

The reasons why this league won't get as much hype as the ones before here is because A) The span of time between the last one is small, B) A lot of people are bored of seeing Pokemon we've seen countless of time before who wouldn't have even learned any new moves C) Lack of tension in rivals D) Ash has become an old character we've become too tired of following, still staying 10 E) There's already a bigger league(WORLD Tournament > Unova Tournament) coming before it.
    5 reasons guys. FIVE. They don't count for everybody, though. Unless N comes falling out of the sky to stop the league to stop making Trainers use Pokemon to hurt other Pokemon, I see little to be interested.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 25th May 2012 at 07:51 PM.

Blog Entries

If I were to look at it that way, I'd say his Unova pokes look very similar to his Johto ones, only he has more Unova pokes than he has second gens. That just makes me realize how much my perception of the anime has changed since then. Perhaps we really have been watching the anime for too long when battles that used to excite us are so blasé that they're looked down on. Maybe we learned better, and AG and DP did improve vastly on it. This is something I find difficult to judge since it's been so long since I've seen the older eps.

I will accept defeat if that is my fate, but I will stand by my assessment of the situation. This will suck if Ash and his pokes don't show improvement.
    Step into the Fairy circle

The time frame between leagues means little. We had a 5 year gap because Battle Frontier had no league and DP went on forever.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only thing I'm hoping to see in the League is for Ash to defeat Trip, ending their rival plotline. That's all I need to be satisfied.

*crosses fingers*

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, Unova League... What can I say.

I think that the World Tournament will have something to do with it. I think that Ash will win and so get a place in the world tourney. Why? Because.

We've had two side-tournaments in BW. Ash hasn't won either of them, and neither did a main character in Donamite. Now, let's compare.

In Kanto and Johto, Ash basically won everything that he entered, so for a change he failed in the league.

In Sinnoh, Ash did alright. He leaned on Paul's powerhouses for most of the matches (not counting the final (even though he had basically not trained Chimchar at all) and did alright in the tournaments.

In Unova, Ash failed badly. So he gets a win here and, as he is the Champion of the Unova Tournament, goes on to the World Tournament, like I think Takuto must have done in Sinnoh to battle Cynthia.

I agree, it would be a dissapointing plot for this to happen, Ash with only a few proper battlers. But neither do the rivals. So really, I want almost everyone to get trolled in round 1 by more experienced competitors who have teams worthy of the Champions title, unless Ash can do tonnes of training with Dawn and Cynthia
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

I think the fact that the Junior tournament takes place before the league is an important stepping stone. There's obviously going to be more tournaments after the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I think the fact that the Junior tournament takes place before the league is an important stepping stone. There's obviously going to be more tournaments after the league.
    Hope so. But I wouldn't expect too much still. How many times already writers disappointed us. Especially after the Sinnoh. I don't expect much from BW arc. The only thing that gives me tiny hope is that League will be finished I think at the end of 2012 or the beginning of 2013 so we'll have enough time before new Generation.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Gabriel View Post
    The only thing I'm hoping to see in the League is for Ash to defeat Trip, ending their rival plotline. That's all I need to be satisfied.

*crosses fingers*
    But If Ash has to straggle against Trip like how Ash has to straggle against Paul then its a defect for Ash even if he win's !
    I will be satisfy Only if Ash beat Trip with Ease ! No straggling , No worrying !
    I will love if Ash finish Trip 4 pokemon with Korkordile and it's ''Moxie'' ability !
    I wanna see DP Ash in the league !

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kishore View Post
    I will be satisfy Only if Ash beat Trip with Ease ! No straggling , No worrying !
    But since that's not going to happen, the only thing there really is to look forward to at all is a win, no matter how close.

*crosses fingers*
    But If Ash has to straggle against Trip like how Ash has to straggle against Paul then its a defect for Ash even if he win's !
    I will love if Ash finish Trip 4 pokemon with Korkordile and it's ''Moxie'' ability !
    That's not going to happen. Current Ash can't defeat any trainer with ease. It will be hard and close battle like in Paul's case. Trip is a rookie but Ash's level as a trainer in BW is the same, unfortunately. And I don't think we'll see any major changes. Because if writers would make Ash's level as in DP there won't be any hard battle including Ash against his rivals (Stephen, Bianca, Trip). He would just smash them because they are pretty weak comparing to trainers like Paul, Conway. I don't even compare them to Tobias.

In the league I see Ash facing Bel, Trip, new rival.
    i would rather see him fight Stephan instead of Trip. but no one is asking me! but there i a chance he faces stephan as well, depending how much they invest into the League!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

But since that's not going to happen, the only thing there really is to look forward to at all is a win, no matter how close.
    Quote Originally Posted by swampertuska View Post

*crosses fingers*
    That's not going to happen. Current Ash can't defeat any trainer with ease. It will be hard and close battle like in Paul's case. Trip is a rookie but Ash's level as a trainer in BW is the same, unfortunately. And I don't think we'll see any major changes. Because if writers would make Ash's level as in DP there won't be any hard battle including Ash against his rivals (Stephen, Bianca, Trip). He would just smash them because they are pretty weak comparing to trainers like Paul, Conway. I don't even compare them to Tobias.
    Seriously , Why So Negative ????
    Your guy's talking like we are seeing Ash from another Universe !
    Even A complete native & Rocky Protagonist from Other Sport Anime become's a real pro by now So why its impossible for Ash to return to his DP Self even after he has 5 year worth experience !
    Ya Ya , Writer are pretty old-fashioned and they are still living in the "Doremon'' age but At least We can have a little faith on them.
    They already saw the result of their Stupidity in season 1.
    So hopefully They will try make up for Season 1's mistake in Season 2 !
    UNLESS THEY REALLY ARE THE WORST GROUP OF WRITER !
    May be , The whole Point of Junior Cup is to bring back DP Ash for the Unova league !
    After all, They already enough advertising in Season 1 !
    Ash's battle with Trip in league should be like-
    Trip send out Serperior while Ash chose Pikachu ! Pikachu got trapped in Serperior ''Leaf Tornado'' again however he slice through the ''Leaf Tornado'' use Iron tail and hit Serperior with ''Electro Ball'' . Serperior try to Dough but it got caught in the explosion when Electro hit the ground . Pikachu try to Quick attack but Serperior dough and hit him with ''Leaf blade''.
    However , Ash was counting on it and Pikachu grad hold of the ''Leaf Blade'' and hit Serperior with Close Range ''Thunder Volt'' . Then Pikachu finish Serperior with ''Iron tail''.
    Ash finish Trip's 4 pokemon with Krokordile's ''Moxie'' ability ! It cause Trip to Panic and he's about to give up but Ash shout at him for giving up and inspire him fight harder .
    Encourage by Ash , Trip put all his hope on his Conkeldurr ! It came though for Trip and defect both Ash's Pikachu & Krokordile However it lose to Ash's Scrafty !
    Ash praise Trip for his Battle. The Crowd was cheering .
    Ash's new Season 2 Rival was watching this . He Smirk's and leave's !
    That how Ash battle with Rocky Trip should be like !

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast