Unova league in 3 months (in anime time) - Page 7
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 316

Thread: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

  1. #91

    Default Re: Unova leauge in 3 months (in anime time)

    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Trip is the main rival, even if the new rival will be in the League, like all non-Trip rivals, Ash will beat him before he faces Trip
    Wrong. I am sure this new rival will take a Harrison, Tyson, Tobias role who will beat Ash after he will beat Trip in 1/4 finals

  2. #92

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    The new rival in BW2 might be a big deal or might be tournament exclusive.

  3. #93

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The new rival in BW2 might be a big deal or might be tournament exclusive.
    Possible champion for me. I'd say

  4. #94
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Unova leauge in 3 months (in anime time)

    Quote Originally Posted by swampertuska View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Trip is the main rival, even if the new rival will be in the League, like all non-Trip rivals, Ash will beat him before he faces Trip
    Wrong. I am sure this new rival will take a Harrison, Tyson, Tobias role who will beat Ash after he will beat Trip in 1/4 finals
    I don't want this !
    I don't want the last person that Ash beat to be Trip !
    I rather have that season 2 rival to be the last person Ash beat in Unova league.
    I like if Ash totally overwhelm Trip and Trip start to Shiver .
    He start to think how a Kento Bonnie like Ash become so powerfull without following Any Basic !
    Ya , That right !
    I want Trip to be the first person Ash beat in Full battle without any problem or Straggling !
    I want Ash to SEND TRIP'S ''BASIC'S'' FLYING without breaking a sweat !
    I get so mad when Trip start to say ''Basic That & That ''.
    That boy should learn that His Basic are screwed !
    Man , I want Ash to win a league so much ! I'm Tried of Filler League !

  5. #95

    Default Re: Unova leauge in 3 months (in anime time)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kishore View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swampertuska View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Trip is the main rival, even if the new rival will be in the League, like all non-Trip rivals, Ash will beat him before he faces Trip
    Wrong. I am sure this new rival will take a Harrison, Tyson, Tobias role who will beat Ash after he will beat Trip in 1/4 finals
    I don't want this !
    I don't want the last person that Ash beat to be Trip !
    I rather have that season 2 rival to be the last person Ash beat in Unova league.
    I like if Ash totally overwhelm Trip and Trip start to Shiver .
    He start to think how a Kento Bonnie like Ash become so powerfull without following Any Basic !
    Ya , That right !
    I want Trip to be the first person Ash beat in Full battle without any problem or Straggling !
    I want Ash to SEND TRIP'S ''BASIC'S'' FLYING without breaking a sweat !
    I get so mad when Trip start to say ''Basic That & That ''.
    That boy should learn that His Basic are screwed !
    Man , I want Ash to win a league so much ! I'm Tried of Filler League !
    Not only you XD

    Seriously many people want Ash to win the league, challenge E4 and Champion, become the Champion and then see a new protagonist. But....

  6. #96
    Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,778

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    With the constant promotion of Champions in the next opening I am sure Ash will win the league. The Junior tournament he'll lose which is a stepping stone to the league leading him to face those other Elite's.
    I don't see how promotion of Champions in the next opening means that Ash will win the Unova League. In DP, he met all of the members of the Sinnoh Elite 4 and Cynthia and didn't win the league then. It wouldn't be believable. At least if he had won the Sinnoh League, I could have bought it. Here, it just wouldn't mean anything due the combination of the less than engaging rivalries in this series, although maybe the next rival Ash get will be better in that regard, and the lack of training/development for most of his Pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    It's funny how people try to act like Ash is so weak when in reality he beats 7 out of the 8 Gym leaders on his first try and the only reason he lost to Aloe was she took him by surprise. Ash's reserves and possibly Snivy are bound to evolve by the league.
    It isn't a matter of being weak, but just that his skills aren't really up for winning a league, let alone getting to the Top 4 again. Plus, despite beating seven Gym Leaders on his first try, his skills are quite lower than what they were in DP and in some cases, his victories have been shallow and lacked any sense of believable progression for either Ash or the Pokemon he used. Though, I mainly saw that in his third and fourth Gym battles, but most of his Gym battles have involved cheap wins at one point or another. That's why I would be in favor of Ash getting into the Top 16 or Top 8 over getting to the Top 4 again. Unlike in his other journeys, there isn't as much of a sense of progression with his journey to become a Pokemon Master. Having his rank in the league reflect that lack of progression in his skills would feel appropriate to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilscor'd
    The writers don't give a shit about Trip battling Adeku, I don't know why the hell people would think that if he's excluded from the Junior tournament and Adeku is the prize there.
    I don't know if Trip is excluded from the Junior tournament. He probably won't due to the role Alder has in it. Though, I do hope that he's just written out and replaced with this new rival Ash is going to get. Nothing of value would be lose if Trip was written out of the series before the Unova League and pretty much anyone would be an improvement over Trip at this point.

  7. #97

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    With the constant promotion of Champions in the next opening I am sure Ash will win the league. The Junior tournament he'll lose which is a stepping stone to the league leading him to face those other Elite's.
    If the scene would feature Alder and the Unova E4 then MAYBE you'd have TINY hope or something to cling to...
    But it showcases Cynthia, Alder and Caitlin, together with two random Gym Leaders that are Drayden and Shizui
    I think it's extremely obvious that these are simply characters that are involved in the tournament or East Unova arc in general, rather than implying any future events other than that
    As Silktree said before, after the Unova League, we might even get a new OP... or in case this one stays, they can always change a few scenes (the BF OP, for example, replaced a Mew/Lucario scene to a random Mystery Dungeon scene - something similar could happen again)
    So no, that doesn't really prove or even hint anything

    It's funny how people try to act like Ash is so weak when in reality he beats 7 out of the 8 Gym leaders on his first try and the only reason he lost to Aloe was she took him by surprise. Ash's reserves and possibly Snivy are bound to evolve by the league.
    These Gym Battles are part of why people have hard time to believe he'd win - even if he won, the battles weren't nearly as good as the DP ones... and his team looks pathetic compared to his DP one, especially when you think about how he pretty much catches everything only to neglect them all...
    If he couldn't win the Sinnoh League, he certainly shouldn't win the Unova League... like you love to say - it'd be an insult to the Sinnoh League and a slap in the face to the whole DP series (...I can't believe I'm actually being serious when I say this now, I'm not joking at all!)
    If they don't want to let Ash totally fail as I said, then the best he should be able to get is Top 8 and maybe, if they really insist, and while it'd probably be ridiculous, then MAYBE Top 4 again, somehow... but I just can't see him win here

    The writers don't give a shit about Trip battling Adeku, I don't know why the hell people would think that if he's excluded from the Junior tournament and Adeku is the prize there.
    Who the Johto said Trip isn't in the tournament? The fact Alder is involved makes it very likely for Trip to be there too... just because he wasn't mentioned doesn't mean he won't appear... they advertised the return of old characters and the debut of new ones... Trip is neither of that and is already a regular BW character, so it makes sense to assume that he (and maybe other BW regulars) will appear too

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I don't care how "underdeveloped" his Isshu team is. Anything less than Top 4 would make this series a complete waste of time.
    Well, I care... also, with this logic, then I can say the BW series is already "a complete waste of time" because his BW team doesn't seem even half as good as the DP team, same goes for Gym Battles, rival and pretty much everything...
    If you demand the League result to be at least as good as last time in order for it not to be "a complete waste of time" then you should apply that to everything else too...

    Top 16? Why in the world would they do a lame Kanto reference in season 2?
    Because that's pretty much what he seems to deserve right now + they love their Kanto references (also, "Season 2" is no more than a play off the "2" in the games titles - it's still BW, nothing really changed other than BW2 influencing the anime, which they started to do in the last eps of "Season 1" anyway...)

    I don't see why catching so many Pokemon somehow makes him using old ones ridiculous.
    No, I said that the fact he caught so many in itself is ridiculous - instead of being actual Pokémon, get focus and development, etc... they're just neglected battle machines

    Which is exactly what will happen even if he only used Ishhu Pokemon.
    So you want these poor neglected Poké to be deprived of half the League battles? they should AT LEAST get that... this League is their's, the older Poké can wait for the next BF-style saga that we're likely to get (I'm sure DP also only threw us some older ones in the League due to not having time for a second saga... they had to rush ending DP and start BW, which is certainly not the case we currently have)

    Quote Originally Posted by swampertuska View Post
    Wrong. I am sure this new rival will take a Harrison, Tyson, Tobias role who will beat Ash after he will beat Trip in 1/4 finals
    It's a possibility, but in such case he's just a random one shot opponent of the League like Tyson or Tobias - I wouldn't count that as a rival
    In case he IS a REAL rival (like, a recurring rival similar to Trip, Bianca, Stephan, etc...) I do expect him to lose to Ash in the League or not face him at all... he could be the "Harley" or "Barry" of this gen, meaning a rival that isn't the main one but gets to appear a lot and usually lose to the main character
    We barely know anything, really... but Trip IS and obviously WILL continue to be the MAIN rival of the BW series... like Gary was for the original series, like Drew was for the AG series (cause Ash didn't have any, so I have to go with May's in this case) and like Paul was in the DP series

    Quote Originally Posted by swampertuska View Post
    Seriously many people want Ash to win the league, challenge E4 and Champion, become the Champion and then see a new protagonist. But....
    Even if that would happen, we wouldn't get a new hero/story...
    Ash would obviously decline the offer to be the new Champion as he did with the offer to be a Frontier Brain and will continue to travel since he wants to continue seeing more regions, meet more new Pokémon, friends and challenges that awaits him...
    Though DP already proved that even in late DP when Ash was at his best, he couldn't even dream of beating an E4 member, not to mention a Champion... so I'm not sure why people keep on seriously expecting it to happen at all (and in Unova specifically...)

  8. #98

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    Ash isn't weaker than before, it's like how they were doing a fresh start. Dawn won't be shown to be stronger than Ash for example, and Ash is already better than all his rivals this gen.

    Likewise Ash lost the Sinnoh league to a guy with legendaries, we're probably not going to see a repeat of that.

  9. #99

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Ash isn't weaker than before,
    He himself is ok, the way he treats his team and how he catches everything he sees is really bad though and makes him look pathetic compared to his DP self

    Ash is already better than all his rivals this gen.
    Funny you say this yet he still didn't beat Trip... and he didn't win the tournaments that Stephan and Iris did manage to win

    Likewise Ash lost the Sinnoh league to a guy with legendaries, we're probably not going to see a repeat of that.
    He can lose to a non-legendaries user that is just so powerful
    Or we can have another legendary user... or maybe the League's last ep will be called "Tobias Strikes Back! Fandom in Rage!!"

  10. #100

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    What the hell? He lost to Iris because he was at a severe disadvantage and they wanted Iris to be a victor. The second was just tailored to have the two fighting Pokemon in the finals.

    Ash is stronger than Trip which is why Trip loses to people Ash beat. The writers have acknowledged his character was poorly received which is why they started focusing on the secondary rivals more. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if Trip loses the league early like Gary did, while Ash faces the new rival from the junior tournament in the finals.

  11. #101
    Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    10,949
    Blog Entries
    87

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    He himself is ok, the way he treats his team and how he catches everything he sees is really bad though and makes him look pathetic compared to his DP self
    I don't like it either, but that really doesn't mean he'll get Top 16 at most because of it. As Scott and Musashi both pointed out/eluded to, the writers don't see him as weaker. Its never been recognised in-show that his approach to training is worse than his approach to training in DP.

    So I do think Satoshi will get at least top 4 for the Isshu League. It makes no sense for him to be taken a step back.

  12. #102

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    What the hell? He lost to Iris because he was at a severe disadvantage
    And says who that he won't have a similar case of "severe disadvantage" during the Unova League?

    and they wanted Iris to be a victor. The second was just tailored to have the two fighting Pokemon in the finals.
    Similar reasons could be why Ash wouldn't win the Unova League, you know...

    Ash is stronger than Trip which is why Trip loses to people Ash beat.
    Fact is - he still never defeated Trip and even had Trip pretty much humiliate him in their second battle...

    The writers have acknowledged
    Hello Mr. Writer! I'd love to listen to what you're about to say, but I remember you promising me May staying for DP and Ash winning the Sinnoh League - that didn't happen, so I'm sadly forced to come to the conclusion that you have no idea at all as to what the writers want, "acknowledge" or plan to do next

    focusing on the secondary rivals more.
    Harley got more "focus" than Drew in BF, yet it was still clear that Drew is May's main rival
    It's the same here, really...
    It's very obvious that Trip is the main rival of this series just like Paul was in DP (and I'm not a big fan of Trip either, I'm just saying the facts)

    I wouldn't be surprised if Trip loses the league early like Gary did, while Ash faces the new rival from the junior tournament in the finals.
    That's baseless random desires of you... plot wise Trip got more reasons to win this than Ash
    At the very least, you should admit it's POSSIBLE

    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    I don't like it either, but that really doesn't mean he'll get Top 16 at most because of it.
    I didn't say "Top 16 AT MOST", just "Top 16" and that maybe Top 8 and that if they'd REALLY want it, and while it probably wouldn't look as good, then maybe somehow Top 4 again
    But winning it just seems extremely unlikely to me

    As Scott and Musashi both pointed out/eluded to, the writers don't see him as weaker. Its never been recognised in-show that his approach to training is worse than his approach to training in DP.
    Well, they could save it as a surprise for us later... they also never hinted at May apparently getting "bad influence" from Ash and pulled that out of nowhere when it was convenient for them... and as random as that was, it made sense with how the AG series was... and as random as it may seem for them to randomly mention Ash not doing as good recently, it'd make sense with what we saw in BW so far

    So I do think Satoshi will get at least top 4 for the Isshu League. It makes no sense for him to be taken a step back.
    I think it makes sense for him to take a step back, not only for the reasons I said above, but also because it opens a possible interesting and good character development for him - being depressed like Dawn was, getting over it and deciding to train seriously - I'd really love to see that

  13. #103

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Well, I care... also, with this logic, then I can say the BW series is already "a complete waste of time" because his BW team doesn't seem even half as good as the DP team, same goes for Gym Battles, rival and pretty much everything...
    If you demand the League result to be at least as good as last time in order for it not to be "a complete waste of time" then you should apply that to everything else too...
    I do. I just happen to disagree with the majority of the fandom on the way things in the series have been handled.

    So since I'm generally happy with the series, I feel it would make BW pointless if he did worse than Top 4.

    Because that's pretty much what he seems to deserve right now + they love their Kanto references (also, "Season 2" is no more than a play off the "2" in the games titles - it's still BW, nothing really changed other than BW2 influencing the anime, which they started to do in the last eps of "Season 1" anyway...)
    Well they seem to be treating it more than just a simple continuation. And from what we know so far, anymore Kanto vibes like Satoshi placing in the Top 16 would just feel very out of place.

    So you want these poor neglected Poké to be deprived of half the League battles? they should AT LEAST get that... this League is their's, the older Poké can wait for the next BF-style saga that we're likely to get (I'm sure DP also only threw us some older ones in the League due to not having time for a second saga... they had to rush ending DP and start BW, which is certainly not the case we currently have)
    I don't want them to be deprived, I just think the writers would be ridiculous to not have him bring any back.

    And if a few Isshu Pokemon didn't make it in the league at all because Satoshi brought a lot of older ones in, I'd be okay with that too. Because at least that would show Satoshi acknowledging that he needs to use his very best Pokemon if he hopes to win.

    If Satoshi honestly thinks he can win the league with Isshu Pokemon only, then maybe he is as dumb as a lot of people think he is.

  14. #104
    Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    10,949
    Blog Entries
    87

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Well, they could save it as a surprise for us later... they also never hinted at May apparently getting "bad influence" from Ash and pulled that out of nowhere when it was convenient for them...
    Haruka definitely had a very battling approach to contests compared to what we saw from other coordinators like Shuu, so even though it was brought up much later, it made sense when looking back. A lot of Haruka's wins were due to knockouts than having more points when the time ran out compared to her competitors. However Satoshi's Isshu team haven't at all been shown to be a weaker team compared to previous groups; they'll get all 8 badges like the previous ones (I think this is where you confuse me a lot because apparantly the team is bad yet they will earn all the badges properly unlike the Kanto team).

    I think it makes sense for him to take a step back, not only for the reasons I said above, but also because it opens a possible interesting and good character development for him - being depressed like Dawn was, getting over it and deciding to train seriously - I'd really love to see that
    We saw him depressed and aspire to train more when he lost to Shinji in their first full battle. I highly doubt he'll get a position like Top 16 which would make him look bad for an arc in which Satoshi says he'll do what he's always done: work hard. It's redundant and highly unnecessary in my opinion.

    Again, no one has said his methods in Isshu are bad, visually they're not bad seeing as he gets results and him getting a worse position than before doesn't make sense. He's never gotten a worse position before and I doubt he ever will. The writers have shown that he can get an equal rank to a previous league so that seems like the obvious option if they didn't want him to seem better than he was in DP, but there's just no evidence to suggest that they think that.
    Last edited by Iteru; 25th May 2012 at 06:34 PM.

  15. #105

    Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

    Once again Ash almost clean swept the entire Gym lineup this time for what it's worth.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •