Unova league in 3 months (in anime time) - Page 2
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unova leauge in 3 months (in anime time)

In comparison to the other Pokemon leagues -

For the Indigo league it was 'exactly two months from today' in Showdown at the Poke-Corral, and the league started 9 episodes later in 'Round One - Begin'
    For the Johto league it was 'three months from now' in 'Why Why Not', the league started 11 episodes later in 'A Claim To Flame'
    For the Hoenn league they mentioned it was three months away in 'Eight Ain't Enough', followed by the league starting 15 episodes later in 'Saved By The Beldum'
    For the Sinnoh league it was taking place in 'a month' from 'The Eighth Wonder of the Sinnoh World', and the league started 4 episodes later in 'League Unleashed'

So they have been broadly corresponding to actual time in the past, though not exactly, and obviously if there were double episodes or breaks in the airing it would be different.

I really hope they don't try and squeeze the World Tournament before the League, and that instead we just get some training episodes and filler. I want to be able to find Ash's success or lack thereof to be believable. While Ash should be able to beat all his current rivals, that would just mean Ash being successful at the least challenging league, rather than actually deserving a win based on steady improvement (he should finish second based on the overall progression). I do think he's shown signs of improvement in recent battles, but he hasn't done anywhere near enough training, and hasn't even had a full battle at any point in the series.

If the World Tournament is first and he loses it, there's not enough time to justify turning things around for a win at the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    If the World Tournament is first and he loses it, there's not enough time to justify turning things around for a win at the league.
    It's not the actual World Tournament, but rather just the Junior Cup. I find it unlikely that it will happen after the league, and if Caitlin and Cynthia aren't actually participating in it, Ash has a chance to win the cup and lose to Alder. I don't see any problem with that scenario, and as long as he does well in the cup it will be justified for him to do at least equally well in the league.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

So... 3 months in anime time is how long in the real world?

One thing the writers gotta do before the league is to evolve Mijumaru and Tsutarja. Going into the league with base stage starters looks like a joke, especially considering how we had both Torterra and Infernape last league.

I don't belive the League will start before January ! They need around 25 eps to do the WT, Meloetta-TR plot and Drayden!
    That's enough to wrap up these plot line!
    Everything other would be to rushed!

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Ash's rivals suck battle wise in Unova. As long as they don't pull a Tobias 2.0, Ash should have no trouble beating Trip, Bianca, Stephen, Burungly or Georgia in the league.
    They've always pulled out a league rival for Ash, so I imagine that they'll do the same with the Unova League. Even with the strength of Ash's rivals, he's not really significantly strong himself, especially with his battle skills during this series. I can't see him getting to the Top 4 again, let alone win the Unova League, at his current skills and the strength of the majority of his Unova Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    Think of it this way, there's still all of 2013 without a new game. What the hell are the writers going to do if the league finishes up by January?
    They'll most likely go to some new areas that are in B2/W2. Even if Ash won the Unova League, which I'm sure won't happen, they certainly wouldn't be able to use a Champion League arc until the sixth generation games are out.

I could see them having a larger gap between Ash getting his eighth badge and entering the Unova League. They'll probably want to cover some aspects of Eastern Unova and the World Tournament Junior Cup in order to promote older Pokemon and the new games. Plus, they might take the time to have more training for Ash's Unova Pokemon, which a good portion of them really need. It would be nice if Oshawott and Snivy evolved as well since entering the League with unevolved starters would be kind of weird. Plus, I just want Ash to have another evolved Water Pokemon since the only one he has is Kingler. The chances aren't that great for Oshawott unfortunately, but hopefully Snivy should evolve at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Masurao View Post
    Yeah, I don't see him winning this league. probably Top 4 again...*yawn*

Indigo: Top 16
    Johto: Top 8
    Hoenn: Top 8
    Sinnoh: Top 4
    Unova: Champion

I guess the new rival will show up like Morrison. Really late, and rather close to the league.
    Think of it this way, there's still all of 2013 without a new game. What the hell are the writers going to do if the league finishes up by January?
    We will have a new gen in 2013 if they decide to make another one because the only unrevealed pokemon is genesect and it would be one of the stars of the last unova movie and would most likely have a gen 6 pokemon as the star or at least play a role. considering all the stuff we know know and genesect we will most defiantly have a new game and gen next year if they make one. so with that being said i assume they'll throw in a filler season till then

"I don't belive the League will start before January ! They need around 25 eps to do the WT, Meloetta-TR plot and Drayden!
    That's enough to wrap up these plot line! Everything other would be to rushed!"

there not going to wait 6ix or 7 months after ash got his 8th badge to start the league and for al we know the juner cup could be after th league
    Last edited by pokemonmaster101; 23rd May 2012 at 04:26 AM.
    Pure awesomeness

1. World Junior Cup including Ash and some of his friends. Ash is gonna loose in quarter-finals or earlier. Cynthia wins it and then beats Adeku.
    2. TR Plot.
    3. Unova League. Ash wins it.
    4. E4 and Champion challenge. Well I know it is a dream but somehow I feel that everything goes to it. And what I think is that the Champion is gonna be not Adeku but Cynthia. So we can finally see Ash VS Cynthia.

追放されたバカ

If Ash wins a league, then Ash is over.

Remember that's what the official policy is.

So, I predict:

Runner-Up in the Unova League(Loses to the new Ritchie/Harrison/Tyson/Trollbias).

We have 2 patterns/trends to keep up here...so Ash will win Gen. VI's League, then lose to the Champion.

He then wins all of Gen. VII, then loses to his father, and is phased out by Gen. VIII.

TO ALL ASH HATERS:That's how long it'll realistically take.

So no winning the Unova League, just runner-up to the successor of Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson and Trollbias.

I still hope that Ash totally fails this League and gets Top 16 again - both to make a Kanto reference like they love to do this series and simply because he deserves no more than that with his current team (and no, I don't believe he'd use any of his older ones, cause then there won't be any excuse to why he caught so many Poké this series)
    I also expect Trip to win the Unova League (then get to challenge the E4, somehow barely beat them, get to challenge Alder like he dreamed to do and get totally destroyed by him)
    Then I want Ash to get depressed similarly to Dawn's case in DP... and similarly to Dawn get over it and decide to train seriously from now on, and act more like his AG/DP self and his team being closer to his AG/DP teams in the next saga (whatever that would be...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I still hope that Ash totally fails this League and gets Top 16 again - both to make a Kanto reference like they love to do this series and simply because he deserves no more than that with his current team (and no, I don't believe he'd use any of his older ones, cause then there won't be any excuse to why he caught so many Poké this series)
    I also expect Trip to win the Unova League (then get to challenge the E4, somehow barely beat them, get to challenge Alder like he dreamed to do and get totally destroyed by him)
    Then I want Ash to get depressed similarly to Dawn's case in DP... and similarly to Dawn get over it and decide to train seriously from now on, and act more like his AG/DP self and his team being closer to his AG/DP teams in the next saga (whatever that would be...)
    Minus the Trip winning bit, totally agree. From how Trip reacts after losing in the Don battle episodes, I don't think he has the temperament to stay on for a long tough battle - he's the opposite to Ash's never give up positivity, therefore while he should do well going up, he'll get to an even match and then fall at the hurdle of having to deal with losing without just leaving the situation.

While Ash hasn't shown any skills or training to warrant a win in the Unova League, he's done more than Trip has. Bianca deserves it the most based on on screen improvement, but Stephan is probably the strongest overall.

I'd ideally like to see a disconnect between Ash and Pokemon like his Boldore and Palpitoad and to some extent Leavanny and Unfezant - having Ash notice that they don't put as much effort in as Snivy or Pikachu would. When he lost to Paul in 'Evolving Strategies', he put all of the blame on to himself. I'd like to see him actually start to think that there are Pokemon that you can't get the most out of that easily, or that don't fit him, or that simply aren't made for battling. He's had a lot of different messages about what strength means to win in such a situation, but in those cases he's always had all of his Pokemon giving all of their effort because he earnt their trust over many episodes focusing on each one individually. It should all come back to BW's message of Truth vs Ideals. Ash has always had his ideals of how things should be, Pokemon can be made stronger by encouragement and support, there's no such thing as a weak Pokemon, etc. He should have an opportunity to face a differing truth, that not all Pokemon are equal, and that his style doesn't work with all Pokemon.

In the end - Trip and Ash are both limited by the reverse of the others' problem. Ash refuses to accept that there are limits to strength, Trip refuses to accept that there is anything other than strength.

Blog Entries

You could be right that this means they do the Unova League first, which is okay by me, but what does that mean for the League itself? Having an ill-gotten badge again already makes me ill, but screwing the League, too? Granted, perhaps he could still get in the Junior Tournament just by doing well as opposed to actually winning. After all, it's not the REAL World Tournament. Cynthia is supposed to appear in the first eps of this new arc, so it's also possible that they still do the Tournament before the League (which still doesn't make sense to me other than for character development)
    Step into the Fairy circle

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

You KNOW Ash will lose the league, since it seems to be illegal for any trainer named Ash Ketchum to win a tournament, I mean really, even out of a league, he's lost pretty much EVERY single tournament he has ever entered, He lost the Whirl Cup, two Don Battle Tournaments, EVERY tournament he has entered he has lost. Is this the kind of example the writers want the players of the games to follow if Ash loses all the tournaments?

I mean really, Ash is HIGHLY likely to lose the World Junior Cup, and then lost the league for the 5th time in a row, you know it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Regardless of when Drayden will show up, I don't think we'll ever see Opelucid City in the anime. It has two distinct versions in the game and I suspect that the writers don't want to incorporate just one version, or do something different that wouldn't be faithful to either version. Drayden could show up anywhere now that the gym itself doesn't have to be seen.
    They'll most likely make Opelucid look like a generic city and nothing more.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 23rd May 2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneTheRoboteon View Post
    Then they might as well skip it. If the gym itself is unnecessary and they can't do anything with the city's unique aspects, what's the point of showcasing that place? Drayden could show up anywhere; Iris met him in the Dragon Village.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneTheRoboteon View Post
    Then they might as well skip it. If the gym itself is unnecessary and they can't do anything with the city's unique aspects, what's the point of showcasing that place? Drayden could show up anywhere; Iris met him in the Dragon Village.
    Yeah, Ash is most likely to battle Homika and get her Gym badge for his 8th and final badge and get that plotline over with to make room for the World Junior Cup and whatever Team Rocket is up to.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast