Unova league in 3 months (in anime time) - Page 19

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

I would be seriously peeved if Kenyan doesn't turn up in the league. There are a lot of rivals this season where it's kinda hard to tell where they fit, just because both Cilan and Iris have rivals but no real goal that's accomplished by winning a tournament. Back when just Ash & May and Ash & Dawn had rivals they would either be in the league or the GF.

Now we just have trainers like Kenyan and Langley who show up for these tournaments but don't seem to have measurable goals. Those two are honestly my favorites of the rivals. Kenyan I can't picture doing anything other than the league though,e just reminds me too much of Masamune so I feel like he should show up there. I have no idea what sort of resolution to the plot he could give if he just shows up for his last time outside the league.

Langley just wants to bust Iris, so I have no idea how the writers plan to resolve that rivalry other than some schtick where Langley learns to like dragons and no longer wants to bust them.

I also completely forgot about Bel. She'll be at the league too. I could see her going pretty far, though I don't really care for her. Her whole character is about proving to her father and herself she can be strong, so I feel like she'll be a sleeper hit when it comes to the league.

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can see evidence for Ash winning this league:

a) He's won against every rival that he has (excluding Trip, but that's gonna change soon)
    b) After the Junior Cup he's going to battle Alder. Assuming that he loses this will make a good plotline for a rematch post-league.
    c) Now that the new series has introduced pre-Gen V mons he'll feel more comfortable about using his Oaked Teams, which will give him a much better chance.
    d) Besides AG he's progressed a tier each time, so he should at least make the final.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

a) He's won against every rival that he has (excluding Trip, but that's gonna change soon)
    He hasn't battled Bianca or Stephan in quite some time, both of whom have clearly become a lot stronger since their first appearances. There is also no evidence that Ash is going to beat Trip in the junior cup. I find it more likely that Trip will win

b) After the Junior Cup he's going to battle Alder. Assuming that he loses this will make a good plotline for a rematch post-league.
    Again, only if he wins the junior cup, which we don't know yet. And even if he wins the league, he'd have to beat the elite 4 before battling Alder

c) Now that the new series has introduced pre-Gen V mons he'll feel more comfortable about using his Oaked Teams, which will give him a much better chance.
    Since Ash is a character, and is not aware that he is living in some world dictated by series, I don't see how the introduction of old mons in the new series will make him feel more comfortable lol. Also, the new opening shows all his Unova's in a stadium, which would suggest that that is who he has for the league, and who he will be using, contrary to the Sinnoh league victors opening

d) Besides AG he's progressed a tier each time, so he should at least make the final.
    I would consider his Hoenn league ranking as an progression considering he made it to the top 8 only using his Hoenn team. So IMO the next progression would be to reach the top 4 again using only his Unova pokes
    Hidden Mew likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I honestly cannot see Ash winning the Unova League or even coming close to it in a believable way. His team just feels too underdeveloped for him to get a high rank again and I wouldn't want him to use his older Pokemon since that would make the decision of capturing so many Unova Pokemon even more questionable. Not to mention that there are still some of his Unova Pokemon that need more screentime and using his older Pokemon would make them lose that opportunity. I'm still leading towards Ash coming in the Top 8. It's still a good rank all things considered, but I don't think he deserves to get any higher than that considering how his Unova team has been handled and his Gym battles overall have been kind of lackluster for me. Nothing about how his journey in Unova so far has made me think that he could win the Unova League.
    If Ash loses the Junior Cup then he has to win the Unova League !
    If Ash doesn't then there no point of watching the Next series & Next saga!!!
    Top 8 isn't has suitable rank ether !
    Ash should become Top 4 or the finalist if he wins the Junior Cup!
    But If Ash loses the Junior Cup then Winning the Unova League is the only option!
    Plus , Does Trip's superiority look believable to you ???
    Ash been though So many League & a Battle frontier while that brat reach's a level Ash haven't reach in just 3 month !
    Its totally not believable and make Trip look like a Fake rival !
    So , Ash has to win Unova League for losing every single Tournament in Unova!!!
    If writer has to make up for Trip's Conneckdurr failure by giving Trip the whole Junior cup then Writer has to make up for all Humiliation Ash & His region been though for that human trash's development!
    So , Ash has to win Unova League & Trip must suffer 3 time humiliating defect in Ash's hand in Unova League!
    I wanna see Ash take down Trip's 4 pokemon with 1 Pokemon !
    I wanna see Trip panicking and shouting ''What happen to my Basic ? Why isn't my Basic working ? What did you do to my basic ?''
    I wanna see People making fun of Trip !
    That what should happen in Unova league if Ash has to get humiliated by that Brat one more time!!!
    Also , Writer has to create a better & believable Finalist as well!!!
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 8th August 2012 at 04:21 AM.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe the writers can feasibly make Ash make it to the top 4 and lose with his current team at the league. However the writers have shown too much of a regression in thier ability to write good battles and storylines throughout most of BW that it will be unlikely that they will put in some effort to do just that, and it will look cheap most likely in how he gets there at the league. I just hope he makes it to the top 4 regardless of how he does it and how the battles are done.

BTW i believe the pattern of Ash's league placements should be progression every two leagues aside from kanto to johto league.

Should be more like this-Kanto:16, Johto:8, Hoenn:8, Sinnoh:4, Unova:4, Gen 6 League:2, Gen 7 League:2, Gen 8 League:Winner

Nothing about how his journey in Unova so far has made me think that he could win the Unova League.
    Ditto.

That's why I'm waiting on Generation 6 for the writers to start fresh and remind us what real battles, real development, and the real Pokemon looks like. Best Wishes at one point had me questioning what show I was watching.

And during this 3 month span, Ash hasn't really done anything spectacular that has shown immense growth to convince us that he is ready for the League. I don't see him making it very far either, but then again he NEVER has came in 2nd in the league.

That's the most so close, yet so far position Ash shockingly has yet to reach. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers want him to get 2nd place just so he can say he was a 1st runner up.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    If Ash loses the Junior Cup then he has to win the Unova League !
    If Ash doesn't then there no point of watching the Next series & Next saga!!!
    Top 8 isn't has suitable rank ether !
    Ash should become Top 4 or the finalist if he wins the Junior Cup!
    But If Ash loses the Junior Cup then Winning the Unova League is the only option!
    Plus , Does Trip's superiority look believable to you ???
    Ash been though So many League & a Battle frontier while that brat reach's a level Ash haven't reach in just 3 month !
    Its totally not believable and make Trip look like a Fake rival !
    So , Ash has to win Unova League for losing every single Tournament in Unova!!!
    If writer has to make up for Trip's Conneckdurr failure by giving Trip the whole Junior cup then Writer has to make up for all Humiliation Ash & His region been though for that human trash's development!
    So , Ash has to win Unova League & Trip must suffer 3 time humiliating defect in Ash's hand in Unova League!
    I wanna see Ash take down Trip's 4 pokemon with 1 Pokemon !
    I wanna see Trip panicking and shouting ''What happen to my Basic ? Why isn't my Basic working ? What did you do to my basic ?''
    I wanna see People making fun of Trip !
    That what should happen in Unova league if Ash has to get humiliated by that Brat one more time!!!
    Also , Writer has to create a better & believable Finalist as well!!!
    I don't really see how losing these tournaments means that they should make up for that by having Ash win the Unova League. It wouldn't be believable considering his Unova team and what little progression most of them have gone through during the course of the series. Besides that, aside from the Junior World Cup, these are pretty small tournaments, so it doesn't matter if Ash wins them. It would help with some of his Pokemon, but it isn't really necessary for him to win them. Just because Trip was overpowered before and now is getting a tournament victory to make up for losing the other two tournaments doesn't mean that it would be okay for Ash to do the same with the Unova League.

Honestly, even getting to the Top 4 again with his Unova Pokemon would feel like a huge stretch to me. It probably wouldn't be as bad as if he got to the finals or if he won to league, but it still makes me think that there would be far too many cheap/unbelievable victories for Ash to get to the next round for my tastes. I still prefer the idea of seeing him get to the Top 8. At one point, I think Ash needs to get to a lower rank than the last League just to show that one doesn't always make significant progress in a journey and it would be honestly pretty interesting to see how he handles it. Plus, I'd prefer it if he did get a slightly lower rank here instead of getting to the Top 4 or higher again with cheap victories and underdeveloped Pokemon.

I agree with Hidden Mew. I can see him getting Top 8, possibly top 4, though it'd be a stretch. His pokemon are just too underdeveloped for it to be at all believable. I can't believe we're this close to the league and yet some of his pokes still only have 3 moves, or have tackle as 1 of the 4. Ash is getting a bad ass Krookodile soon and it looks like it doesn't learn anything new in its evolution, and having a fully evolved epic like that with only 3 moves seems really strange to me.

With Trip winning the junior cup, I can imagine Ash finally beating him there. But with talk of this new rival coming along soon (supposedly), I can see this new guy being the trainer that comes along every league and knocks Ash out of it (Richie, Harrison, Tyson, Tobias).

I really am not expecting Ash to win this thing. And quite frankly it doesn't feel like he deserves it.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Blog Entries

I still prefer the idea of seeing him get to the Top 8. At one point, I think Ash needs to get to a lower rank than the last League just to show that one doesn't always make significant progress in a journey and it would be honestly pretty interesting to see how he handles it.
    I doubt that Ash would even be disappointed. Only the fans keep track of his accomplishments.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I doubt that Ash would even be disappointed. Only the fans keep track of his accomplishments.
    True, especially since Ash always wants to win the League and he usually handles losing pretty well, at least in the last couple of leagues at least. Still, it would be interesting to see him get a lower rank to see if he does react differently and it would just be something different instead of being a more predictable outcome.
    HumanDawn and YamiiDenryuu like this.

True, especially since Ash always wants to win the League and he usually handles losing pretty well, at least in the last couple of leagues at least. Still, it would be interesting to see him get a lower rank to see if he does react differently and it would just be something different instead of being a more predictable outcome.
    I know that's right. I want to see tears from him if I see a lower rank than in AG because that would be just wrong.

The Stray Veteran Pokemon Blazing Charmander's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I still prefer the idea of seeing him get to the Top 8. At one point, I think Ash needs to get to a lower rank than the last League just to show that one doesn't always make significant progress in a journey and it would be honestly pretty interesting to see how he handles it.
    That is far from true. Prior to Best Wishes, I remember a number of instances where a character (whether it be one of Ash's friends or even Ash himself) would mention Ash's previous league rankings. The one that stands out in my mind is in early Hoenn when Max reflected on the Silver Conference battle between Ash and Harrison, before teasing Ash that he could've done better. It wasn't long before Max realised and explicitly stated that Ash was an impressive trainer, his strategy in his Gym battle with Roxanne being an example; and again, I believe that his Johto League performance was referenced. Even in DP, Brock stated that Top 4 was the best that Ash had ever ranked. As a result, I would disagree that only us fans keep a mental note of Ash's past achievements.

Like so many others, I am not anticipating a great Unova League tournament. My indifference stems mainly from the extremely poor standard of writing throughout Best Wishes Seasons 1 & 2, and in turn the fact that Ash has barely done anything to deserve a high ranking in this region. His so-called rivalry with Trip doesn't have me looking forward to the inevitable final showdown in the tournament like his rivalry with Paul, and a handful of his Gym victories in Unova have been heavily influenced by a mid-battle evolution - ironically this had not happened prior to this saga, and these were evolutions of Pokemon that had little chance to shine and show their personalities in their base forms. Quite a regression from the quality of writing in DP, where each of Ash's Pokemon had its own unique personality, equal time in the limelight and all of them sharing a common goal in defeating Paul and most having a history with Paul's Pokemon (or in Infernape's case, with Paul himself). On the other hand, what is there to look forward to in the Unova League? I would suggest that the most we can look forward to is a league rival who can bring the very best out of Ash, but given the fact that development for Ash has been almost non-existant throughout Best Wishes, I am certainly not holding out any hope.
    Aura7541 likes this.
    "My Dream..."

This span of time that we've had before the League starts just made me appreciate Stephan more. He can still be sorta dry, but he isn't as nearly as bad as Trip. I actually hope he makes it farther than Trip in the League. This span has done nothing to make me care about Ash and Trip's rivalry and damn sure hasn't made me want to see either of them in the finals.

I'd rather see Bel vs Burgundy in the League finals than Ash vs Trip. That's how bad I think their rivalry sucks.
    Hidden Mew and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

So Trip appears in 7 or 8 episodes in the whole series and what he has with Satoshi still deserves to be called a rivalry? Give me a break. Satoshi has a better rivalry with Stephan than with Trip, for pete's sake.

Ranma ½, Maison Ikkoku and now TORADORA! fan.

3DS FC: 2938-6903-6577

Burgundy needs improve urgently! she is a shame as a rival :(

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast