Unova league in 3 months (in anime time) - Page 18

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Quote Originally Posted by America* View Post
    Well, this is exciting c:

If Ash doesn't use his old Pokemon... I will personally bitch slap every single writer.
    Why would he use his old Pokemon if he has already so many Unova ones? If I remember correctly, Pikachu should be the only Kanto Pokemon to get redemption from what Trip said about Kanto. Ash never told him about his other Pokemon, so Trip only saw his Pikachu(who's energy was drained) and made an assumption. Oshawott is next. It definelty needs to prove itself towards Trip as well, since it was there when Trip decided that it wasn't the Pokemon for him. Maybe an evolution might also change his mind. As far as Charizard is concerned, having it sweeping his team in the league will be bad writing just like Iris's Dragonite was doing in this Junior cup, so no. All of those Pokemon he caught shouldn't go to waist.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

"Three months" is established in BW85 (aired in June 21). If we predict it correctly, league arc begins with BW95/BW96 (September 20/27). That gives us only two/three episodes between World Tournament and Isshu League. It is similar to time span between Grand Festival and Pokemon League. In that case, World Tournament and BW's other tournaments are replacements of GF and contest arc. This could mean that: post-league BW2 gonna have similar tournaments, correspond to Haruka's second contest arc in BF.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    "Three months" is established in BW85 (aired in June 21). If we predict it correctly, league arc begins with BW95/BW96 (September 20/27). That gives us only two/three episodes between World Tournament and Isshu League.
    Actually, that would leave a gap of only one or two episodes, which seems unfeasible unless the Team Rocket arc is meant to follow the league (or possibly even interrupt it as a nod to Black and White). But I find that unlikely, since the Team Rocket foreshadowing has been too heavy to be put aside for the league. When the writers established the three-month gap, they probably rounded down a bit, and they might not have accounted for the August breaks. I expect the league to start in BW98 (October 11), giving the writers time for a Team Rocket two-parter, an episode about Shizui and another one to showcase Riolu and Eevee. I doubt that Iris will be given another centric episode before the league, but she may at least work alongside Drayden during the aforementioned two-parter.

Visit PrinceGray's Youtube Channel

I don't think the League will be in three months real time, but who knows at this point.

Three months sounds about right. Maybe Don George can set up a training camp for Ash before the league or something and that could be like a training filler saga or something.

Visit PrinceGray's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Three months sounds about right. Maybe Don George can set up a training camp for Ash before the league or something and that could be like a training filler saga or something.
    Either that or something because Ash's current team is way underdeveloped and the lack of evolutions makes this team look bad, especially starter-wise. I blame Sinnoh for this.

Btw, what is that in your sig?
    98% of fans believe that Ash's Oshawott won't evolve. If you are part of the 2% the believes in Samurott, copy and paste this into your sig and screw the haters! (Started by Me)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    I don't care that in the original Japanese version his name is Sat-o-shi or Suh-to-shi he's called Ash in the anime he's call Ash in the comic. AND I'M NOT JAPANESE!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceGray View Post
    Either that or something because Ash's current team is way underdeveloped and the lack of evolutions makes this team look bad, especially starter-wise. I blame Sinnoh for this.

Btw, what is that in your sig?
    Well atleast it's not like in Jotho were the starters weren't as strong as Snivy and Pignite. His other reserves are atleast strong enough to stand a chance. But yes, I think a training saga could help.

And to answer your question, it was strawberry shortcake!
    Last edited by Caseydia; 7th August 2012 at 02:11 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If Ash losing the Junior Cup for Trip's lame backstory Then Ash better win the Unova League & Trip better suffer 3 time humiliating defect in Ash's hand in Unova League!
    Furthermore , Writer better come with a better finalist for Ash to beat because if Trip become the finalist then it will make the Unova League look bad!
    May be , A finalist who has a Entei !
    Or any other Legendary Pokemon Like Suicune , Raikou, Regigigus ,Cresselia, Zapdos ,Moltres ,Articune etc !
    There was a Trainer with a Heatren in Sinnoh League!
    I trying to think of a finalist with a Unova Legendary pokemon but I can't think of any Unova Legendary pokemon for Ash to face in Unova League!
    Ash haven't won anything important in Unova So Ash has to win the Unova League if he losing the Junior cup!
    I mean , Unova had the most Tournament ark !
    How is it that Ash haven't won any of them ? He's the main character!
    If writer has any type fairness inside of him then he will give Unova League to Ash for losing Junior cup!
    As for Trip , He suffering 3 time humiliating defect in Ash's hand in his very first League conference isn't unfair!
    Its nothing compare to how Ash lose his very first League conference! It was 100 time humiliating!
    Plus , Trip already got enough attention ! Other fair anime wouldn't let a complete rookie like him defect the protagonist 3 time in a row!
    Those writer would let him beat other people (Like Stephan ) but not the Protagonist.
    Plus , When Trip insult Ash , He insult the whole Kanto & every single people/pokemon on it !
    So , If Ash only allow to beat him in Unova League then Trip better suffer 3 time humiliating defect in Ash's hand because writer made Ash lose to him 3 time in a row !
    Plus , If Ash winning the Unova League then he need a rival/Finalist who's hundred time more powerful then Trip !
    Unova league probably the only thing Ash would left to achieve after Junior Cup !
    Furthermore Writer planning on to delaying it again with the stupid Team Rokect ark , Drayden ark , Shizui ark & some cutesy Adventure!
    It might even take one more year for Unova League to start!
    I know , That it seem impossible for Ash to win Unova league but it might be the only thing might left for Ash to achieve!
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 3rd August 2012 at 06:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I hope that Ash wins the Unova League this time. After how much he disappointed me in Sinnoh with his sudden Level in Dumbass, I didn't even want him to beat Nando! Who, if I recall correctly, managed to get 5 ribbons and 8 Gym Badges to compete in both the Pokemon League and the Grand Festival. He should have taken the role of Tobias.

Throughout the course of this saga, Ash's behavior has made me root for him. Since the very beginning I felt that he was ready. Ready to take on the League, and win. There were some cheap wins, but the inevitable loss in the WT Junior Cup will make up for it. I predict that Ash will win this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I hope that Ash wins the Unova League this time. After how much he disappointed me in Sinnoh with his sudden Level in Dumbass, I didn't even want him to beat Nando! Who, if I recall correctly, managed to get 5 ribbons and 8 Gym Badges to compete in both the Pokemon League and the Grand Festival. He should have taken the role of Tobias.

Throughout the course of this saga, Ash's behavior has made me root for him. Since the very beginning I felt that he was ready. Ready to take on the League, and win. There were some cheap wins, but the inevitable loss in the WT Junior Cup will make up for it. I predict that Ash will win this league.
    You actually believe he win win this league when he couldn't win the Sinnoh one? The loses of these Cups and Don battles don't have anything to do with Ash winning a league or not. It was for other characters to get so recognition and some on screen wins to show that they are competent. (Even though I don't think Iris should have one the first one.) But that's just me.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I honestly cannot see Ash winning the Unova League or even coming close to it in a believable way. His team just feels too underdeveloped for him to get a high rank again and I wouldn't want him to use his older Pokemon since that would make the decision of capturing so many Unova Pokemon even more questionable. Not to mention that there are still some of his Unova Pokemon that need more screentime and using his older Pokemon would make them lose that opportunity. I'm still leading towards Ash coming in the Top 8. It's still a good rank all things considered, but I don't think he deserves to get any higher than that considering how his Unova team has been handled and his Gym battles overall have been kind of lackluster for me. Nothing about how his journey in Unova so far has made me think that he could win the Unova League.
    Cinderfella likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

You actually believe he win win this league when he couldn't win the Sinnoh one?
    Yes. I've just said that...

The loses of these Cups and Don battles don't have anything to do with Ash winning a league or not. It was for other characters to get so recognition and some on screen wins to show that they are competent. (Even though I don't think Iris should have one the first one.) But that's just me.
    I only said that he needs some loses to add some build up. I've read many comments about Ash this saga of him being an unbelievably strong trainer. Some even going to the levels of calling him a "Gary Sue". A few loses to put Ash in his place wouldn't be so bad.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Ash coming in Top 8 wouldn't provide enough battles. Even though we'll also be seeing Shooti's Kenyan's and maybe Cabernet's battles, having Ash only battle to the quarter finals would be like 3 battles. And at least one of those would be a throw away battle. He's either gonna lose in the semis or lose in the finals. I agree they wouldn't be able to feasibly pull off him winning, but I think he's going to beat Shooti, who looks to be winning this tournament, and Kenyan who won the last one.

You actually believe he win win this league when he couldn't win the Sinnoh one?
    Yes. I've just said that...

The loses of these Cups and Don battles don't have anything to do with Ash winning a league or not. It was for other characters to get so recognition and some on screen wins to show that they are competent. (Even though I don't think Iris should have one the first one.) But that's just me.
    I only said that he needs some loses to add some build up. I've read many comments about Ash this saga of him being an unbelievably strong trainer. Some even going to the levels of calling him a "Gary Sue". A few loses to put Ash in his place wouldn't be so bad.
    I don't think that he's any stronger than he was back in Johto. He doesn't battle like he used to anymore. Atleast I used to enjoy his battles even when some of them were half-assed but in these I just want to get them over with since most of them ends up with evolutions. Pff!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLover View Post
    Ash coming in Top 8 wouldn't provide enough battles. Even though we'll also be seeing Shooti's Kenyan's and maybe Cabernet's battles, having Ash only battle to the quarter finals would be like 3 battles. And at least one of those would be a throw away battle. He's either gonna lose in the semis or lose in the finals. I agree they wouldn't be able to feasibly pull off him winning, but I think he's going to beat Shooti, who looks to be winning this tournament, and Kenyan who won the last one.
    Has it been confirmed that Stephan would be in the Unova League? It wouldn't be surprising due to winning the last tournament, but I don't think he's mentioned anything about going after Gyms or having badges. Burgundy appearing would make more sense given how she started out as a trainer and she could have been earning more badges in-between her appearances. I still think that Ash getting to the semi-finals or the finals would be a huge stretch, but they probably would want to get as many battles in as they could. I'd still prefer it if he didn't get to the Top 4 or finals since the chances of that being believable are extremely slim.
    Cinderfella and martianmister like this.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast