Unova league in 3 months (in anime time) - Page 16

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    For me, I'll make unimportant character as A,B,C and so on... and this is the line-up i want
    League Line-up:

Top 64
    Ash vs A (Ash wins), Trip vs Kenyan (Kenyan wins), Bel vs B (Bel wins), Cabernet vs C (Cabernet wins) and Langley vs D (Langley wins), Luke vs E (Luke wins), New Rival vs F (New Rival wins)

Top 32
    Ash vs Cabernet (Ash wins), Langley vs G (Langley wins), Kenyan vs H (Kenyan wins), Luke vs New Rival (New Rival wins), Bel vs I (Bel wins)

Top 16
    Ash vs J (Ash wins), Langley vs Bel (Bel wins), Kenyan vs K (Kenyan wins), New Rival vs L (New Rival wins)

Top 8
    Ash vs Kenyan (Ash wins), Bel vs M (Bel wins), New Rival vs N (this N refers to unimportant character, New Rival wins)

Top 4
    Ash vs New Rival (New Rival/Ash wins, I don't care), Bel vs O (Bel wins)

Finals
    Ash/New Rival vs Bel (Bel wins)

The reason I wanted Bel to win is that she kept losing BUT she DID manage to evolve her Chaoboo to Embuoh (Look, if she is not trying to improve herself, will she even bother to evolve her Pokemon?)... but Ash in Unova make me feel like he has the luck but not the skill (Look, the point everyone feeling Ash is weaker this Gen is because he hasn't used any advanced strategy or improvised move this season, he learned a lot of those in Sinnoh). And I am trying to predict the unpredictable :P (as Trollbias can appear all of a sudden in the Sinnoh league, Bel can win the league)
    No! Trip should be at the final and wins, later he battles Champion Alder as well as his dream

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    No! Trip should be at the final and wins, later he battles Champion Alder as well as his dream
    The fact that Trip is even a rival or on this show period is a mystery to me. I really hope he's written off before the League. I really don't want him to ruin it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Yeah I really get the feeling Trip will be in the semi-finals. I can't wait to see everyone complain that Trip will get further in the league than Paul did.
    You enjoy other people's complaining really? Wow.

Anyways I really doubt that Burgundy, Langley and Luke will be entering. I mean with Conway it made sense we didn't know his goal and he knew a lot about battling. And he showed up at trainer events. Langley and Burgundy have non trainer goals. Langley's goal is just to beat dragons so being in the league kinda makes sense but Burgundy already has her hands full. Langley's goal seems hard to dedicate a lot of time too seeing as there are only so many dragon trainers out there but Burgundy has a goal that requires a lot of studying and is pretty easy to know what to do: study. Luke goal isn't even related to pokemon battling so highly doubt he will enter.

As for Trip he should make it to the top sixteen seeing as he is a new trainer and in each series a new trainer gets to the top sixteen. Ash, Morrison then Barry. So trip should follow suit I guess Bianca or the new rival can take that slot but I think it works with Trip and he would take it the hardest and in the OS Ash took it hard nice little homage which fits right in with BW. As for Bianca winning this is her first but then again she is older so it can work but I wouldn't bet on it seeing as how Ash was at his absolute DUMBEST during his fight with Elesa yet won and Bel got curbed stomped by her.

As for Ash winning if Ash suddenling stops being BW Ash and all his pokemon seem strong and he earns his victories with no explanation I would eat the bullshit up like cheerios cause it didn't have an explained cause why would need a good explanation. Honestly it is possible wouldn't bet on it though and I'm not going to be at all shocked when he loses (actually I might because I'll be off of all pokemon related stuff for duration of the league and if you are watching it things are more likely to surprise you but that's besides the point).

Anyways I'm still hoping for fields. Fields are cool.
    Last edited by Phoenixphlare; 12th June 2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Yeah I really get the feeling Trip will be in the semi-finals. I can't wait to see everyone complain that Trip will get further in the league than Paul did.
    Considering how Trip has lost to Cilan and Bianca and the writers don't really seem to care much about the Ash/Trip rivalry, I seriously doubt that they'll put him in the semi-finals. Unless something happens to him, I can't see that happening without feeling forced like his skills earlier in the series. They'll probably battle, if the writers don't write him off out of the series before the league, but I can't really see them putting Trip in the semi-finals. If they do, then it won't mean anything to me because Trip is a horrible rival and I don't care for the rivalry at all. There's no reason for me to care about Ash facing Trip in the semi-finals, or any point in the League for that matter. I still can't see Ash getting that far in the League at this point anyway. If nothing changes about his team, the amount of training he does and he does end up in the semi-finals, it's just going to be unsatisfying and meaningless, for me at least.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I totally support the idea of fields. Some gyms this saga got cool backgrounds. It would be awesome if the league had them. It actually tested trainers to use the field to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    For me, Ash is not using any advanced strategy make me feel he is downgraded and will lose in the league, BUT Shooti is even weaker! I think he don't even know what the hell is advanced strategy, all he do is train off-screen so he come up with a strong Pokemon which eventually got beaten for whatever reason. All he do now is spam attacks as I can see. Shooti won't make it into the semi-finals, even the writers knew it, thats why they are introducing the New Rival!!!

Or else, Ash already have enough rivals IMO and there will be no need to introduce a new one.
    Last edited by Mareepy; 10th June 2012 at 01:15 AM.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope Team Rocket steals Trip's badges before the league.

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

If we are seeing another rival vs rival, it will be Bianca beating Steven, she lost to him twice and it will be a good indication of her progression if we see her win, Stephan is too good of friends with Ash, it'd be like battling Morrison and have Staven and Trip said more than two words to each other?
    djulienr likes this.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Hopefully New Rival will take care of Trip early.

The sad thing is that he had potential. BW022 and 031 gave him some much needed development, but then it was almost immediately forgotten in favor of him being an odd cross between Gary and Paul and having him get his but kicked. A lot.
    When Gym Leaders have more depth, personality and skill than someone who's shown up ina lot more episodes, that's a problem

If they'd handeld his character better I might would've wanted him to stick around. But as it stands now I don't think I'd feel sad to see him go.
    djulienr likes this.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Trip never had potential. Right from his debut ep after he beat Ash after JUST getting his first pokemon, and his design being a ripoff of Paul's, you knew his character was destined to fail.
    Gengarzilla likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Trip never had potential. Right from his debut ep after he beat Ash after JUST getting his first pokemon, and his design being a ripoff of Paul's, you knew his character was destined to fail.
    While the way Trip defeated Ash with his first Pokemon was pretty cheap, I was still interested where they were going with the rivalry and thought that there was some bit of potential in him after his debut. It was only after that five-on-five match where I became annoyed with his character and I started to believe that there was little to no potential in him, especially when he was acting more like a jerk with each of his appearances for no valid reason. Honestly, Trip's design looks more bland and something from a character of the day than a rival, but if there was some kind of effect put into his character and this rivalry, then I probably wouldn't mind the obvious similarities between his and Paul's designs.
    HumanDawn, Chronos and Gengarzilla like this.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Paul/Shinji himself is a rip-off of GS's rival.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

I hope the league gets interrupted like in BW. I would prefer team plasma interrupt during ashes battle with trip but I would except team rocket doing the same

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaf494 View Post
    I hope the league gets interrupted like in BW. I would prefer team plasma interrupt during ashes battle with trip but I would except team rocket doing the same
    'Cept in BW the tournament wasn't interrupted cause there is no tournament in games. Instead the could have N in the tournament and win. That would make more sense to me. As for lack of taste for battle he can hack his way in pretty high or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Pretty much, and it would be on his own merits and not Team/Neo Plasma. Thought it's most likely that he WON'T use any of the Tao Dragons.
    SammyW27 likes this.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast