Unova league in 3 months (in anime time) - Page 14
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unova league in 3 months (in anime time)

Hi,

If you want to talk about how Satoshi has or not been reset, please do so http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/do-you-feel-ash-satoshis-character-has-been-reset-109186/. This thread is to speculate about the League, so please relate your posts to the Isshu League.

Thank you

I think this is how the league will play out, I am assuming Georgia and Burungly will be there:

- Ash Vs. Georgia in 3 on 3 (Preliminaries)
    - Ash Vs. Burungly in 3 on 3 (Top 16)
    - Bianca Vs. Trip (Trip wins)
    - Ash Vs. Stephen (Top 8)
    - Ash Vs. Trip (Top 4) (Full 6 on 6)
    - Ash Vs. BW2 rival from Junior tournament (Finals) (Full 6 on 6)

If Ash's new rival proves to be a threat in the Junior tournament, I suspect he'll beat Ash there. So we'll then see the "rematch" between Ash and said rival in the league, where they'll have Ash as the winner.

The league would be the usual 7-8 episodes...I can see it going down like this.

Seek the sparrow prince Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

I don't think they'd have Shooty beat Bel; Bel seems more of a matchup for Satoshi. I know Jun vs Shinji was a case where he was Satoshi's rival, but he had a keen interest in Shinji whereas Bel doesn't particularly have an interest in Shooty.

I think Kenyan is more likely to be Shooty bait (or anyone's bait really, I don't think he'll get particularly far).

I don't know, back when DP was airing I was just we'd get Ash Vs. Barry in the league but we didn't.

Also since Bianca beat Trip in the last Don battle tournament, I think we're going to see the opposite happen here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I don't know, back when DP was airing I was just we'd get Ash Vs. Barry in the league but we didn't.
    I can see why people thought that; he did clearly seem to be Satoshi's rival with an interest in Fukamaru to boot but he also resolved around Shinji a lot. I don't think Bel really has that with Shooty. It does lead me on to something else though:

Also since Bianca beat Trip in the last Don battle tournament, I think we're going to see the opposite happen here.
    I think this could really be applied for any of the characters and with that in mind, if Bel is to be beaten before(/after?) facing Satoshi then I think it would most likely be Langley. They've had several interactions now and Langley did lose rather quickly to Bel.

Well I figure Ash isn't going to battle all the BW rivals, seeing him beat Bianca again really serves no purpose. I didn't know what to do with Stephen, mainly because he and Ash have a good competitive friendship that I think they'll battle again.

I figure they want to show Trip beat someone, I can't think of anyone else other than Bianca.

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I think this is how the league will play out, I am assuming Georgia and Burungly will be there:

- Ash Vs. Georgia in 3 on 3 (Preliminaries)
    - Ash Vs. Burungly in 3 on 3 (Top 16)
    - Bianca Vs. Trip (Trip wins)
    - Ash Vs. Stephen (Top 8)
    - Ash Vs. Trip (Top 4) (Full 6 on 6)
    - Ash Vs. BW2 rival from Junior tournament (Finals) (Full 6 on 6)

If Ash's new rival proves to be a threat in the Junior tournament, I suspect he'll beat Ash there. So we'll then see the "rematch" between Ash and said rival in the league, where they'll have Ash as the winner.

The league would be the usual 7-8 episodes...I can see it going down like this.
    If Georgia did enter, why in the world would she be eliminated before Burgundy? I'm also attempted to apply the same logic to Bianca, but Bianca had a doubly-advantage against Bisharp so that was unavoidable.

I doubt Ash is going to make it far in this league anyway, Top 16 at best. 8 if he starts training and evolves more Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Well I figure Ash isn't going to battle all the BW rivals, seeing him beat Bianca again really serves no purpose.
    I think given we've seen her with an unorthordox style in the Donamite that they might want to play that against some of Satoshi's unorthorox styles.
    Though, that does make me realise that Shooty beating Bel will make it look like he can counter Satoshi... shit xD

I didn't know what to do with Stephen
    I don't even think the writers do. The whole thing with Masaomi was a really weird way to give him focus in my opinion. It doesn't really seem like they care to give off any rival vibes with him. I think he'll lose to another person to make them seem stronger for when they battle Satoshi. I really hope its Masaomi and Zurrugu is the star.

I figure they want to show Trip beat someone, I can't think of anyone else other than Bianca.
    There's always Carbanet, who everyone beats :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    If Georgia did enter, why in the world would she be eliminated before Burgundy?
    Because that's the point, Burungly seems to get the short end of the stick and always loses first, I think having her around a bit more would be nice.

Still we don't even know if they are entering the league, I just assume they will. It would be nice to have them there.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I figure Ash isn't going to battle all the BW rivals, seeing him beat Bianca again really serves no purpose.
    Bianca has improved a great deal since their last battle, so a battle with Ash could demonstrate how much more of a challenge she could provide for him.

Also, it's Burgundy, not "Burungly."

Not A Piece of Cake Bubble Frog's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Because that's the point, Burungly seems to get the short end of the stick and always loses first, I think having her around a bit more would be nice.

Still we don't even know if they are entering the league, I just assume they will. It would be nice to have them there.
    It just doesn't seem right, I mean "Burgundy" making it farther then Georgia? Her Pokemon are battling with the intentions of slaying Dragons a Pokemon type that has been portrayed as exceptionally powerful. And Burgundy just became a trainer, it would seem forced imo. Especially when you consider Burgundy's Dewott went down to Excadrill, and Excadrill could only tie with Beartic at his best.

I can't see Georgia or Burgundy entering, it would seem really really forced for them to show up and whip out their 8 badges they earned throughout Unova, despite them having no intentions of collecting badges thus far. Plus they're more connected Iris and Cilan then Ash, and I don't like seeing Georgia being used as death fodder, since her character has a story line and development.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Right now, we don't even know if Georgia is collecting Unova gym badges as it is.

Boy, if every BW rival were, and if they all made it to the league, then every rival this time around would be Ash's rival.

I think it would be great to see them in the league. They've been in both Don battle tournaments so to see them miss the league would be a shame.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I could see Burgundy entering the League. She did start out her journey with challenging Gyms and given how she does have pretty strong Pokemon, despite always losing unfortunately, I could believe that she was still challenging Gyms off-screen while also trying to become a better Pokemon Connaisseuse. It would be nice to see her get at least one victory in the league, even if it is against a one-shot character. I doubt that Georgia will enter the Unova League though. Even though she's been in the last couple of tournaments, I don't think she would be interested in going through the Unova League and there's no indication that she could be collecting badges. I would have an easier time believing that Burgundy was getting badges off-screen more so than Georgia. I can see Stephen going either way really. He doesn't seem like an important enough rival to include in the league, despite his role in the last tournament, but I could see them letting him enter and lose early on in the tournament.

I don't think that I would like for the bulk of Ash's battles in the League to be against trainers he's already defeated during this journey. That would be a bit too predictable and possible ruin any tension in their battles. It also doesn't help that two of these characters are supposed to be rivals for Cilan and Iris, so having Ash face them in the Unova League instead would kind of weaken their already damaged and weightless rivalries. Although, depending on how they play it, I probably wouldn't mind Ash vs. Bianca, if only to show the strength Bianca has gained from her journey by being able to push Ash to his limits. I'm still hoping that Trip is either written out of the series before the league or that he's eliminated early, either by Ash or anyone else. I don't really care about their rivalry enough to where I want to see Ash defeat Trip anymore and I honestly don't think that a full six-on-six battle is going to change that. Plus, considering how long it has been since Ash and Trip battled and that Trip didn't seem to care about his two losses, I can't really see the writers letting him get to the Top 4. A part of me almost suspects that the new rival is going to be the league rival Ash always gets, but I'd still prefer someone like the B2/W2 rival taking Trip's place in the show instead. I still can't picture Ash getting that high up in the tournament, but hopefully the league battles will be more enjoyable for me.

Blog Entries

Why wouldn't she? The matchups are randomized in tournaments and presumably in the League as well. It doesn't matter in which round she'd lose, it would only ever mean that the trainer in front of her was better than her in that match (unless you're battling Iris, cause as shown with Cabernet, even you're outstratagizing her and just being a much better better battler, Iris cannot lose except to Drayden or former tournament winners). Langley and Kenyan, we've seen them win, but neither really has shown anything that indicates them making a deep run in a League tournament, especially because we've seen them win. We don't need to see Kenyan or Langley really getting wins and they both would make good first round opponents for Satoshi, Shooti or Bel. Bel beating Kenyan whom she's 0-2 against is something I could definitely see happening, or Satoshi beating Kenyan, same as he Shooti beating Langley to show he's a threat. I actually wouldn't want Satoshi to face Cabernet or Langley because we've already seen him defeat them, it would feel like a repeat.

Also, I don't think that past results should determine the results of any match. It just negates the purpose of having the match in the first place, and makes improvement impossible for characters. If anything, that means that Satoshi beating Shinji isn't believable. The way the battle itself is written is what's important in terms of making the battle believable. For example, the aforementioned battle between Iris and Cabernet, it respected the pre-battle logic, but was shit writing because of Iris winning the match after she'd been dominated and outsmarted by Cabernet was very unbelievable. So, I personally hope that both Bel and Cabernet get some wins. Cabernet, because it could help her move away from sommeliering and choose battling, which is what she seems to prefer. I could see her winning a round or two against no name COTD before losing to someone else. Bel because it would just highlight the personal journey she's taken, the progress she made and everything she learned throughout her journey, best developed character in BW. I would actually want Bel to win the League. :D

Also, Satoshi beating Shooti in the first round would be a great move in my opinion, because right now... we kinda know Satoshi won't lose until that matchup, so it'd be cool to go through a League not really knowing what's gonna happen (except for all the other spoilers... nevermind. XD)

I can't see Georgia or Burgundy entering, it would seem really really forced for them to show up and whip out their 8 badges they earned throughout Unova, despite them having no intentions of collecting badges thus far.
    We know that Cabernet traveled to earn badges before losing to Dent, that it was her dream, that she won a badge from Pod and that she was training in battles rather than study to become a better sommelière. It would make sense to see her there, more so than Kenyan or Langley.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast