Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

  1. #1
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    Any battle we don't get to see finished due to either someone interrupting or something big going down (like a Pokemon attack or something). And in other cases because it is not seen onscreen.

    For me recent battles like Quilava vs. Pikachu stopped by Cynthia or Dragonite vs. Charizard being "N-terrupted" by N for some Pokemon/Trainer love crap.

    Another one is Ash vs. Eugine (can't spell his name) the guy who is obsessed over Suicune. He was literally being a dick because he doesn't think Ash is worthy or seeing Suicune and calling him a liar. The battle was called off before it began due to the Bug Pokemon attacking the city.

    Zoey vs. Candice after leaving the Battle Pyramid after Paul lost to Brandon. I wanted to see Contest vs. Gym Battle trainers going at it!

    -Nando vs. Zoey in the Double Battle Contest round of the Hearthome Contest when Zoey lost and I was glad because she was bitching at Nando for doing gym and contest battles
    -Paul vs. Reggie, he told Paul's Pokemon that he and his little bro would battle after he got back from the league after Paul had lost to Ash
    -Tobias vs the Sinnoh E4 and Cynthia
    -Dawn in the Johto Wallace Cup
    -May in the Johto Grand Festival
    -Pikachu vs. Brock's Vulpix in the giant Gengar, Alakazam and Jigglypuff episode from Kanto
    -Virgil vs. Cameron, I seriously wanted to see Cameron go down in flames (well we did see Lucario get taken out by Fire Blast) after what he did to Ash!
    -Any of the unseen battles from Ash in leagues that got skipped over or we only see the last round of that battle
    -Paul's league battles from previous regions before Sinnoh or the matches that he swept through before facing Ash due to him not losing ONE Pokemon!
    -Paul's rematch with Brandon

    What about you?

  2. #2
    samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Lake Wobegon
    Posts
    4,559
    Blog Entries
    9
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    Just one - Burgundy vs. Chili, because then the former could have at least one on-screen victory.

  3. #3
    C-3
    C-3 is offline
    Registered User C-3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    - Ash's offscreen battles in the Unova League.
    - Dawn's offscreen battles in the Grand Festival.
    - The Quilava vs Pikachu and Dragonite vs Charizard battles.

  4. #4
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    -All off screen league battle Ash had.
    -Ash vs Barry in the episode where Monferno evolves into Infernape.
    -Pauls rematch with Brandon
    -Paul vs Reggie
    -Paul vs Candace. I want to see if she was able to defeat at least one of his pokemon.
    -Virgil vs Cameron
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  5. #5
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    -All off screen league battle Ash had.
    -Ash vs Barry in the episode where Monferno evolves into Infernape.
    -Pauls rematch with Brandon
    -Paul vs Reggie
    -Paul vs Candace. I want to see if she was able to defeat at least one of his pokemon.
    -Virgil vs Cameron
    Yeah I'm wondering about Paul vs. Candace because it seems obvious that his 6 Pokemon on hand were going to be used in that battle. Since it was a 6 on 6 with Brandon, I'd wager the 4 Paul were planning to use against Candice (considering he probably knew the gym rules beforehand);

    -Magmar-he was training with the night before with Electabuzz and let's face it its a FIRE type
    -Lairon-part Steel so yeah that's it in a nutshell we only see it use Iron Defense but in the Sinnoh League as Aggron it was using Metal Claw, Flash Cannon and Metal Sound, so it can be assumed it knew all 3 of those moves or at least 2 of them to use against the Ice types (unless she used Medicam against it then Paul would be screwed...)
    -Hariyama; Fighting type and it its ability is Thick Fat then its a no brainier it would be extremely useful
    -Ursaring; its knows 2 Fighting type moves (3 if you count Bulk Up) while Electabuzz only knows Brick Break and Nidoking is a ground-type

    Honestly, when you think about it he would be at a slight disadvantage using any of the Pokemon he used against Brandon because Candice was there to see him battle with them along with most/some of their attacks. Just remember that Paul wasn't using his A-game being wrapped up in emotion rather than being the cool and calculated trainer we are used to seeing in the past. Brandon just made him look like a weakling because let's face it Paul was up against THREE legendary Pokemon and 3 of Brandon's unused Pokemon.

    Aside from his choices there is something else I've been pondering:

    -For me it would be more about if Paul had evolved his Magmar BEFORE the battle or just went with Magmar and during the 10 days before his full battle with Ash just evolved it then
    -Since he just got all 6 Pokemon damaged and hurt; did they heal in time for the battle or did he end up substituting any of them BEFORE facing her because he literally said after they walked out of the pyramid that she could expect him at the gym. Knowing Paul it took him no time to get there.
    -I honestly wanted to see if he came in contact with Zoey at the gym? Notice how during the match with Brandon she was actually impressed with his strategies in terms of using Nidoking or other type match-ups? Kind of like she was giving him credit despite being the female version of his the night before snapping at him?
    Last edited by Paulisthebest; 10th June 2013 at 01:41 PM.
    Spypitoad likes this.

  6. #6
    I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Spying on YOU!
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    48

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    -All off screen league battle Ash had.
    -Ash vs Barry in the episode where Monferno evolves into Infernape.
    -Pauls rematch with Brandon
    -Paul vs Reggie
    -Paul vs Candace. I want to see if she was able to defeat at least one of his pokemon.
    -Virgil vs Cameron
    Yeah I'm wondering about Paul vs. Candace because it seems obvious that his 6 Pokemon on hand were going to be used in that battle. Since it was a 6 on 6 I'd wager the 4 Paul were planning to use (considering he probably knew the gym rules beforehand);
    -Magmar-he was training with the night before with Electabuzz and let's face it its a FIRE type
    -Lairon-part Steel so yeah that's it in a nutshell we only see it use Iron Defense but in the Sinnoh League as Aggron it was using Metal Claw, Flash Cannon and Metal Sound, so it can be assumed it knew all 3 of those moves or at least 2 of them to use against the Ice types (unless she used Medicam against it then Paul would be screwed...)
    -Hariyama; Fighting type and it its ability is Thick Fat then its a no brainier it would be extremely useful
    -Ursaring; its knows 2 Fighting type moves (3 if you count Bulk Up) while Electabuzz only knows Brick Break and Nidoking is a ground-type

    -For me it would be more about if Paul had evolved his Magmar before the battle
    -Since he just got all 6 Pokemon damaged and hurt; did they heal in time for the battle or did he end up substituting any of them BEFORE facing her because he literally said after they walked out of the pyramid that she could expect him at the gym. Knowing Paul it took him no time to get there.
    -I honestly wanted to see if he came in contact with Zoey at the gym? Notice how during the match with Brandon she was actually impressed with his strategies in terms of using Nidoking or other type match-ups? Kind of like she was giving him credit despite being the female version of his the night before snapping at him?
    Lairon maybe evolved during the battle. Then another reason why I want to see Paul vs Candace is that I really liked Candace so I wanted to see how she did against Paul.
    I know all your secrets!

    BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

  7. #7
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    -All off screen league battle Ash had.
    -Ash vs Barry in the episode where Monferno evolves into Infernape.
    -Pauls rematch with Brandon
    -Paul vs Reggie
    -Paul vs Candace. I want to see if she was able to defeat at least one of his pokemon.
    -Virgil vs Cameron
    Yeah I'm wondering about Paul vs. Candace because it seems obvious that his 6 Pokemon on hand were going to be used in that battle. Since it was a 6 on 6 I'd wager the 4 Paul were planning to use (considering he probably knew the gym rules beforehand);
    -Magmar-he was training with the night before with Electabuzz and let's face it its a FIRE type
    -Lairon-part Steel so yeah that's it in a nutshell we only see it use Iron Defense but in the Sinnoh League as Aggron it was using Metal Claw, Flash Cannon and Metal Sound, so it can be assumed it knew all 3 of those moves or at least 2 of them to use against the Ice types (unless she used Medicam against it then Paul would be screwed...)
    -Hariyama; Fighting type and it its ability is Thick Fat then its a no brainier it would be extremely useful
    -Ursaring; its knows 2 Fighting type moves (3 if you count Bulk Up) while Electabuzz only knows Brick Break and Nidoking is a ground-type

    -For me it would be more about if Paul had evolved his Magmar before the battle
    -Since he just got all 6 Pokemon damaged and hurt; did they heal in time for the battle or did he end up substituting any of them BEFORE facing her because he literally said after they walked out of the pyramid that she could expect him at the gym. Knowing Paul it took him no time to get there.
    -I honestly wanted to see if he came in contact with Zoey at the gym? Notice how during the match with Brandon she was actually impressed with his strategies in terms of using Nidoking or other type match-ups? Kind of like she was giving him credit despite being the female version of his the night before snapping at him?
    Lairon maybe evolved during the battle. Then another reason why I want to see Paul vs Candace is that I really liked Candace so I wanted to see how she did against Paul.
    Hmmm...

    Something funny about the Brandon battle is that he didn't curse any of his Pokemon for losing the only time was non verbally when he "gave up" on Ursaring (for some strange reason it didn't activate Guts after being hit with Zap Cannon) and didn't recall it before Stone Edge defeated it because let's be real it was now too slow to react to Brandon's attacks and all he had left was Magmar so if it were the game he'd be up the creek too.

    One thing I wanted to see was Weavile get an onscreen win. To me it was like Trip's Conkeldurr (who lost EVERY battle seen onscreen in ALL 3 of its forms). I'd have liked to see Paul use it against Candice probably against Sneasel like he used Gliscor against Ash's Gligar.

    We can sit here and assume and speculate all day because Paul along with others like Reggie and Trip have so many unseen Pokemon. But more to the point, Abamasnow was her best and it raped Ash's remaining Pokemon except Chimchar.

    Aside from her oddly placed Medicam in the mix of Ice types. Magmar would probably wreck Snover and its evolved form. I wanted to see that strategy of aiming Flamethrower towards the sky. I'd wager Magmar would use that to melt attacks like Blizzard or something you know?

    I'd also think Ursaring would be used against Abamasnow if worst came to worst to use two heavy-weighted Pokemon. Hariyama might also fill that position because it if did have Thick Fat; Blizzard, Ice Punch and Ice Shard would only do 1/2 damage. Wood Hammer would be the only threat. I can see it now Wood Hammer vs. Ursaring's Hammer Arm!

    Yeah, Candice was a really fun Gym leader to watch on and off the field of battle! Especially because of this...

    candice-looks-ice.jpg

    After seeing this scene she became my Ice Princess xD

  8. #8
    Uchuuuuu KITAAAA!!! Duque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    1,054
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    Sincerly? Ash vs Duplica during Johto League Champions. She defeated Ash two times and the third battle was never seen.
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

  9. #9
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,080
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    The Unova league.

  10. #10
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    I know this was a "seen" battle but I wanted a "real" battle between Iris and Drayden. That rushed match especially Excadrill and Haxarous was poorly done. I loved seeing it get pushed back by Metal Claw and Focus Blast showing Iris HAD improved since going on a journey but for it to end in one collision really wasn't that satisfying for me.

  11. #11
    smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Making Gotham City Grin
    Posts
    6,789
    Blog Entries
    35

    Follow Enzap on Tumblr

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    I know we know the result, but I really wanted to see more of the Cynthia vs Caitlin. It was such an important battle in-universe, but they didn't bother showing most of it.

    Also all of Ash's league battles. They got really lazy with the league this time around.

  12. #12
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    I know we know the result, but I really wanted to see more of the Cynthia vs Caitlin. It was such an important battle in-universe, but they didn't bother showing most of it.

    Also all of Ash's league battles. They got really lazy with the league this time around.
    I really wanted to see flashbacks to their previous battles when Caitlin wasn't "in control" of her emotions. I'm sure she was like Kid Gohan getting pissed and going into fits of rage with her Psychic abilities (if she is like she is in the games when talking about her past). Cynthia being powerful as she is probably had her hands full with that girl.

    Yeah, for some reason it was as if the Unova League was rushed for...you know what I really don't know why it was so rushed. To get to the N Saga?

    In Sinnoh, I hated it but it "made sense" why Ash got butted out quick by Tobias and that was to get to Black and White series which is something every fan is pissed about given what we have to show for it so far...

    I think or wish the league got "N-terrupted" by Team Plasma for the N-Saga to come along and Ash uses some of his old Pokemon in the league when it "starts over." But that's just me

  13. #13
    Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Origin of Existence
    Posts
    130
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    I thought that they only battled twice, though I would have loved to see who one the last time between Ash and Duplica.

  14. #14
    Registered User WatcherMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    Hikari vs. Candy Musalina in the Grand Festival. I can't believe that the writers, after giving us such an excellent battle between Nozomi and Naoshi, just gave us a few quick glimpses of this one. This ticked me off since not only was it Hikari's final on-screen contest win, but Musashi getting knocked out off-screen after all the effort she put into getting into the Grand Festival in the first place felt like a massive slap in the face.

    Still, I guess it was full circle in a win. We didn't get to see Hikari's first contest battle win either.
    TeddiUrsa and martianmister like this.

  15. #15
    Registered User Red of Pallet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Unfinished or Off-Screen Battles You Wanted To See The Results Of

    2 things.

    1. I wish they would have revealed who won the Indigo League...
    2. I'd be nice to see Ash actually win a league for once. (and yes I'm aware he beat the orange league)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •