Unexplored Themes/Storylines for the remainder of Best Wishes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Unexplored Themes/Storylines for the remainder of Best Wishes

Moe
    Blog Entries

Default Unexplored Themes/Storylines for the remainder of Best Wishes

With there being about 30 episodes left in the whole of BW, I'm wondering just how many things brought up earlier in the series they will actually get around to doing something with, and secondly, what still unexplored game elements that remain at this point.

Ones that stand out for me storyline wise are Cilan's Purrloin fear and Snivy's backstory; and for game elements I'm really surprised that the combination of pledge moves hasn't shown up when Ash has all the starters.

What else has been just ignored and how much does everyone think will actually get dealt with before the series is finished?

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Default Re: Unexplored Themes/Storylines for the remainder of Best Wishes

Personally, I don't really expect Cilan's ailurophobia to get any further clarification - I suspect that the writers may intend to play this as a similar thing to whatever happened between Brock and Professor Ivy; they're happy to leave the viewers to fill in the blanks themselves because nothing they could come up with could be as funny/horrific as your own imagination. Case in point: my theory about him once trying to stuff a Purrloin down his trousers is my personal headcannon, and I'd like it to remain that way, thank you very much!

Although I don't expect the phobia to be explained in any more depth than it already has done, it would be cool if Cilan could actually get over it by befriending and catching a Purrloin of his own. Cool, but probably not likely, however.

I'm also not sure about Snivy's backstory ever being brought up again - the emotional support she gave Tepig in BW077 could be all that it's ever going to amount to. If Iris's reading is to be believed, then, unlike Tepig, Snivy actually walked out on her original trainer for not meeting her standards - which, depending on what the trainer was like, possibly makes Snivy look like the mean one. Certainly, if he/she does show up then I hope they don't just go the easy route and make them another jerkass trainer. Having them be the damaged party, and not Snivy, would make for a fresher, more interesting situation than the "my former trainer was an abusive prick" set-up that we got with Shamus and numerous fire type trainers before him, but I think the writers prefer the latter because there's less room for moral ambiguity.

For the sake of 2011 me, I would still like Burgundy to get some decent resolution to her rivalry with Cilan (in a way which satisfies them both). 2013 me is a little older and lot more jaded, however.
    Last edited by garrison-san; 12th February 2013 at 06:04 AM.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

With episode N having some focus on Reshiram, I hope we get some backstory about that Zekrom that appeared in the first episode, maybe it having something to do with Satoshi's Ideals or something along those lines. It just kind of appeared out of nowhere, wow legendary Pokemon!! Then disappeared and never really discussed ever again? The same could be said about Ho-Oh but it had reappeared since then with at least some explanation.

I've given up on if we'll hear the backstory on Dento and the Choroneko. The episode with Pinot Noir having one would have been the perfect opportunity to explain it, and they didn't, so it's probably just one of those things, maybe Dento is embarrassed about it because it has something to do with his brothers teasing him :P

I don't think Satoshi's Tsutarja really needs any more explanation? I think it'd be a bit repetitive to have another episode about his starter Pokemon and their past trainer, seeing as that was already done with Pokabu, whether or not the stories are that much different or not, and maybe Tsutarja likes Satoshi not fully knowing her story ;P

The other thing I'd really like to see is a Maggyo/Gamagaru double battle. Dento and Satoshi have double battled how many times now, and they've never used the Pokemon they double captured, and were bros before they met them? ;_;

Moe
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araragi Hakase View Post
    The other thing I'd really like to see is a Maggyo/Gamagaru double battle. Dento and Satoshi have double battled how many times now, and they've never used the Pokemon they double captured, and were bros before they met them? ;_;
    Totally forgot about this - I want to see that so much!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I all think all the BW rivals are done. The league wrapped them all up pretty much. Even Virgil who has an Eevee that could potentially evolve into the new one probably won't return.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the rivals have a teeny bit of possibility to return. Depends on the story.

Will they even pull out another PWT arc with more Gym Leader cameos?
    PokeLubber likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    I think the rivals have a teeny bit of possibility to return. Depends on the story.

Of course not, the world tournament is done. They adapted it poorly but its over with.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Of course not, the world tournament is done. They adapted it poorly but its over with.
    The Junior Cup didn't feel like much of an adaptation and there are other tournaments that they could use with the Gym Leaders. I doubt that they'll go that route, but it's still a slight possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post

No guarantees, but here's hopin'.
    White FC: 0218 6574 2961
    Black 2 FC: 1722 2422 0764

Blog Entries

They are obviously not going to do a Gym leader tournament, I'm not sure why this keeps getting brought up.

They are obviously not going to do a Gym leader tournament, I'm not sure why this keeps getting brought up.
    Probably because many people would like to see a Gym Leader tournament in the anime. It doesn't really appeal much to me and I don't think it's going to happen either, but it is still an option they could take and I can understand why others would want to see it happen.

Blog Entries

Because there is no obvious alternative. Just another generic tournament wouldn't warrant a new saga.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Because there is no obvious alternative. Just another generic tournament wouldn't warrant a new saga.
    The world tournament idea is done. Just because the fans feel it was done poorly doesn't mean the writers feel the same way, otherwise they wouldn't have done it the way they did.

Blog Entries

The world tournament idea is done. Just because the fans feel it was done poorly doesn't mean the writers feel the same way, otherwise they wouldn't have done it the way they did.
    They called it a Junior Cup and made Ash lose, so that explanation is flawed. Once again, what other possibilities are there? And please be reasonable.

Just because they did the Junior Cup doesn't mean that they can't do any other World Tournaments. That didn't stop them from having two Don George tournaments and to be perfectly honest, the Junior Cup was more like a third Don George tournament than anything to do with the World Tournaments. I'm not sure what else they could do myself, even though I still have my doubts of a Gym Leader tournament actually happening. Still, I don't think that it's impossible.
    martianmister likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast