NEWS: TPCi launches "Pokémon TV" on iOS - Android coming soon. Meloetta short debut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: TPCi launches "Pokémon TV" on iOS - Android coming soon. Meloetta short debut

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default TPCi launches "Pokémon TV" on iOS - Android coming soon. Meloetta short debut

Today, The Pokémon Company International launched "Pokémon TV" - a free app for iOS (including iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) where people can view select Pokémon episodes (like the Pokémon TV part of their website).

Admittedly though, the picture quality isn't great - the image is stretched to fit the entire screen on my iPad, leaving the overall image looking pretty fuzzy.

Sure wish they'd at least give a paid option for HD...and not stretch the image so much.

EDIT:
    I just received a PR email from TPCi. "Kyurem and the Sword of Justice" will be shown on the app from Feb 15th-18th, with Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade being put up on the 15th

EDIT 2:
    Video!
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/8SPG3hdGwW4
    Last edited by Joshawott; 12th February 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Adyniz likes this.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Default Re: TPCi launches "Pokémon TV" on iOS - Android coming soon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokemon-tv/id594261405?mt=8

Unless I missed it, I don't see anything mentioned about the region restrictions. But I am assuming the restrictions will be there, like always, for the non-native countries.
    So, is it working for everyone else, living outside of NA, UK and Aus?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    "Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade" being put up on the 15th
    Is that what they are calling the recital short in English?

Blog Entries

Default Re: TPCi launches "Pokémon TV" on iOS - Android coming soon. Meloetta short debut

From TPCi:
    The app will also host Pokémon movies, special features and trailers, including the latest animated film Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice, which will be available February 15-18. Fans can also catch the debut of the animated short Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade starting February 15.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adyniz View Post
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokemon-tv/id594261405?mt=8

Unless I missed it, I don't see anything mentioned about the region restrictions. But I am assuming the restrictions will be there, like always, for the non-native countries.
    So, is it working for everyone else, living outside of NA, UK and Aus?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    "Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade" being put up on the 15th
    Is that what they are calling the recital short in English?
    Seems like it. I do prefer "Moonlight Serenade". Sounds fancier.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 12th February 2013 at 10:24 AM.
    Adyniz and yourlilemogirl like this.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: TPCi launches "Pokémon TV" on iOS - Android coming soon. Meloetta short debut

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY! THEY'RE DUBBING THE MELOETTA SHORT!! (will it be a M15 DVD extra?)

anyway...

I'll download this app, but I don't know if I want it on my iPad or wait until the Android app comes out for my phone. Either way, it's more convenient than going on my laptop all the time and better than the Nintendo Zone section on the 3DS, because on the 3DS it takes FOREVER to fully load and it's only accessible in public.

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

It's up on Google Playstore now.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pokemontv

But sadly, I got: "This item cannot be installed in your device's country"... As I expected.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

At least this confirms the short is infact being dubbed. It will more than likely be included with the M15 DVD in April.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Adyniz :( Why do they even show it in your country's store then? What a tease.

I'm glad they added the Android app so soon. (why couldn't they just wait to announce it after both stores were updated?) I prefer Android anyway, it's more user-friendly.

Blog Entries

The email I received just had a generic link to the Google Play app store, so it probably went live between them sending out of the emails and me receiving it.

Blog Entries

It's pretty good! 4:3 episodes look weird (as they are stretched), but 16:9 episode work perfectly on my phone! I hope they make one for the Portuguese episodes... (though that's highly unlikely)
    Please "like" this page to help Portugal! We want to have Pokémon in HD! Please "like" this.

Also, sign this petition (you can sign by writing your Name and E-mail address on the "bolded" blanks and then clicking in "Assinar Petição")

Anybody with the app already check out the trailer on it? It seemed to have a lot of footage of N, Colress, and Team Plasma in it. I thought those episodes were still a ways off for the dub.

Didn't care when I first read about it. Then I saw it was free then tried it out. Then I discovered the image quality isn't that great and now I don't care again.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Oddly enough, the app's not region locked here in Japan.
    Joshawott likes this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

@Dogasu they're not releasing a Japanese version of the app for Japanese episodes as far as you know, are they? No news sites seem to suggest any such thing, but I just want to make sure.

Blog Entries

Default TPCi launches "Pokémon TV" on iOS - Android coming soon. Meloetta short debut

Anyone else not able to get sound from anything but the headphone jack? I can't get any from the internal speaker or dock av cables.

Blog Entries

Quick question: According to TPCi, the Kyurem movie was supposed to be live from 15th-18th, however, I never saw it there. Did anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast