Thouhts on the voice changes in season 9

Thread: Thouhts on the voice changes in season 9

Default Thouhts on the voice changes in season 9

So I was watching season 8 and seeing how Ash was still at his original voice when he beat Noland, I was thinking that he was going to keep that voice until Battle Frontier was over. That obviously wasn't the case when the first episode of season 9 had all the characters with different voices. I wanted to try and see how far I could get until I wanted to stop and well... this is it. I remember a couple people telling me Sinnoh was a good series but the voice change is overwhelming in my opinion. Which is a little unfortunate since I was at least hoping to see Ash win the Battle Frontier but oh well.

Anyway my question is what made them switch voices? And if one or two voices switched it would have obviously been contract disputes but every single character changed so what exactly happened? Because I'm sure I'm not the only person that stopped watching due to this change (Not saying everyone stopped because I've noticed a lot of you guys really did like Sinnoh). So again please tell me what you guys know about this. It would be much appreciated!

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Default Re: Thouhts on the voice changes in season 9

Trust me, the voices do get better. Be glad they aren't like they were in Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon.

Anyway, the change was because 4Kids stopped dubbing, and a new company took over. This page might give you some more insight on the issue.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Okay that makes sense. The thing that got me wasn't Ash's voice it was May, Max, and Team Rockets that were horrid. lol. I'll probably skip episodes if the voices do get better and I do want to see him win the Battle Frontier anyway so I'll give it another shot soon. Thanks for the response!

Blog Entries

I always lulz when I watch that Mastermind of Mirage episode. Tough to stand, but oh well.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since you already watched the majority of AG, at least watch all the important Battle Frontier episodes, like all of Ash's Brain Battles and May's Contests. The Battle Frontier arc actually wraps up all the plotlines from the beginning of Hoenn quite well.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I haven't watched Battle Frontier in a long time, but I do remember that Ash's voice was just horrible for the first few episodes of season nine. He sounded like a girl trying to sound like a boy and not doing too well. To the voice actress's credit, she does improve pretty fast since Ash's voice was more tolerable/decent by the end of this season and/or the start of DP, which is pretty impressive all things considered. May's voice was too high-pitched at time, but probably the best out of the bunch for me since her voice didn't annoy me too much. Brock's voice was too gruff sounding at times, but his voice actor also improved over time and it really worked for me in DP. Max's voice was just annoying and Team Rocket's voices weren't really good either. Still, most of the voice actors improve over time and I would recommend checking out DP since it is a good series. At the very least, it would be good to finish up this season to finish AG and see if the voices have improved for you enough to check out DP.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also for the record, the voices stay the same all throughout DP and Best Wishes, so in other words this is the cast for the rest of the show.

The difference is characters like May and Brock eventually leave the series, so you don't hear them for the rest of it. Its really only Ash and Team Rocket for all the rest of the show.