A theory on Mewtwo's Mega forms in the anime

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Piplup

Thread: A theory on Mewtwo's Mega forms in the anime

Default A theory on Mewtwo's Mega forms in the anime

Okay, so I just read that Mewtwo has a 2nd Mega Evolution now called "Mega Mewtwo X", and this has actually raised up an interesting theory for me on how this could effect the anime. As someone who was a fan of the first Pokémon movie, I was disappointed when I learned that the Mewtwo in the newest movie wasn't the same one from before and has a female voice, because I'll admit that the idea of it being the same Mewtwo again grabbed my interest with that movie. But this basically just means that there are now two different Mewtwo that exist in the anime (I suppose whether or not it's actually feasible to create another Mewtwo is still up for debate). But since the new Mewtwo obviously uses the Y Mega Evolution, do you think it would be possible in one of the later XY movies if they actually brought back the original Mewtwo again and somehow gave him the ability to use the X evolution? Or maybe have both Mewtwo in the same movie? I initially thought that "Mega Mewtwo Y" was going to be Mewtwo's only Mega form, but knowing that there are two Mega Evolutions for Mewtwo just seems to change everything for me since I know that the anime now has two different Mewtwo. It just seems like it would be a perfect idea. Of course if the writers don't think of it themselves and just end up making a 3rd Mewtwo, then I really won't know what to think of the anime anymore.

Blog Entries

Default Re: A theory on Mewtwo's Mega forms in the anime

Since X mewtwo is male theres always the chance that he comissioned the new scientists to clone him a mate :)

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Calling it now: There's going to be yet another Mewtwo Movie or Special
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Blog Entries

I really don't think the old Mewtwo is going to be making any significant appearances any time soon. Its story is pretty much wrapped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    Since X mewtwo is male theres always the chance that he comissioned the new scientists to clone him a mate :)
    Mewtwo's still as genderless as always.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    I really don't think the old Mewtwo is going to be making any significant appearances any time soon. Its story is pretty much wrapped up.
    It still make me wonder though what would happen if the old Mewtwo actually met the new Mewtwo. It would be like meeting another clone of himself rather than just making clones of other trainer's Pokémon.

Blog Entries

Explain how lugias can mate then.

Blog Entries

What? Lugia is not Mewtwo.

Blog Entries

What? Lugia is not Mewtwo.
    But they are also genderless

I always found the "genderless" thing to be stupid... especially in a case like Meloetta's where it is CLEARLY a female and I don't even care what anyone says it's a female, and the anime clearly showcased it as a female... it's ridiculous Cresselia and Latias are female yet Meloetta couldn't be so too
    The original Mewtwo had an obviously male voice while the new one clearly got a female voice (their personalities also seem to hint at their gender a bit too)
    So yeah, just like with Meloetta, I really don't care what the games says gender-wise... original Mewtwo is male and new Mewtwo is female
    If they didn't want them to be viewed with a set gender they could go for a more ambigious voice but that wasn't the case at all
    martianmister likes this.

Given how the fans received the news of a second Mewtwo, I think it is doubtful we will ever see a third.
    It would be stretching things way too much since it is not a natural species. In order for a third Mewtwo to exist yet another team of scientists trying to clone Mew would have to be created, and having the same origin story told a third time would be too repetitive. Other than the fact it cheapens Mewtwo.

I also doubt we will ever see the original Mewtwo coming back given how the writers are reluctant in using Shudo's original creation. It is easier to just bring Mewtwo 2.0 and give him the power to change into Mega X as well, just like they gave Kyurem the power to change into white and black modes at will. I didn't watch the new Mewtwo movie, but it seems they ignored some conditions for Mega Evolutions like the stone and ring requirements and turned it intio just a super mode, so I wouldn't discard the possibility.

By the way, not wanting to delve much into the genderless debate, but I think it should be clear at this point the anime adaptation (and the movies by default) doesn't follow this rule. So, I wouldn't discard the possibility of this new Mewtwo being a female.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magma Bomb View Post
    By the way, not wanting to delve much into the genderless debate, but I think it should be clear at this point the anime adaptation (and the movies by default) doesn't follow this rule. So, I wouldn't discard the possibility of this new Mewtwo being a female.
    If you believe that the two Mewtwo have genders, wouldn't you find it somewhat weird for the female Mewtwo to turn into Mega Mewtwo X?

It would be stretching things way too much since it is not a natural species. In order for a third Mewtwo to exist yet another team of scientists trying to clone Mew would have to be created, and having the same origin story told a third time would be too repetitive. Other than the fact it cheapens Mewtwo.
    They've already cheapened Mewtwo. The question is if they even care.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    If you believe that the two Mewtwo have genders, wouldn't you find it somewhat weird for the female Mewtwo to turn into Mega Mewtwo X?
    It couldn't be stranger than a female Conkeldurr.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    They've already cheapened Mewtwo. The question is if they even care.
    I'm not arguing if it was a bad move. My point is that I don't believe they are going to repeat said move after the backlash.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

More Mewtwo movies/appearance is very likely but I hope that the writers does not focus too much on Mewtwo. I would rather like to see other Mega Evos like Mega Blastoise, Mega Blaziken or something.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

If Mewtwo's using his final form Ash is gonna need his Infernape. Spoiler alert, the world blows up!

1405.jpg
    IGN: Jraken
    FC: 4227-2083-0655
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

RP Story: World Without Legends (ongoing)
    PS- I hope you like nightmares. >}
    Story Registry: Signups

In all honesty, that doesn't sound like Mewtwo. I can't see him walking up to a bunch of humans and asking them to make a mate for him.

Still, I think the personality clash between the reclusive, brooding Mewtwo from the first movie and the more extroverted, happier Mewtwo from the sixteenth movie could be inetrestiing, if done right.