Team Rocket's Blasting Off Again! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Team Rocket's Blasting Off Again!

Default Re: Team Rocket's Blasting Off Again!

I prefer blasting off. I don't like the jet packs because they look ridiculous. I don't know if it's because it doesn't go with the characters or because the animation itself looks silly, but I don't like it. Blasting off is at least mildly amusing, which fits because TR is not meant to be a trio of dangerous criminals.
    martianmister likes this.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

I thought in OS they were meant to be harden criminals with comic relief. They are just not meant to be dead serious CIA-esqe agents like BW portrayed them to be.

Blog Entries

TRio were never meant to be extremely serious but at the same time they were never meant to be extremely incompetent either.

The blast of concept got dull after they continuously made the blast of the same way.

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

I don't dislike the jetpacks, but I like the concept of blasting off better. The only problem is that it becomes too repetitive, but that can be easily eliminated with variations. Oh, and also the cheap way they animate them sometimes by having a static frame of them and making it rotate, specially during DP. Let me put it simple.

martianmister likes this.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Blog Entries

I prefer the usual blastoff.

I never liked Rocket trying to look badass. There are a lot of villains-of-the-day or arc villains to play that role.

Repeatitive blastoffs stopped bothering me long ago... Doesn't means I wouldn't mind more variation.

I liked the jetpack thing but it got old really quick. They shouldve used more variations for it or even different methods of transformation like helicopters and motorcycles.
    Rex Kamex likes this.

Blog Entries

I'd say the only episode that stands out in my mind was when James was trying to get away from his arranged marriage and requested Ash to blow them up. Really, that's the equivalent to giving her and both their parents the middle finger. In the immortal words of Cartman; "Screw you guys, I'm goin' home!"

Truth be told I don't really miss this. While I do with they would lighten up a bit (especially Meowth) I like that they only occasionally appear throughout BW. There were several episodes from the previous series that I thought could have benefited from not having them appear at all. (I'm looking at you Indigo League!)

Blog Entries

Blasting off, no questions asked.

TRio were meant to be fun, not super-serious like in BW (one of my biggest complaints in BW was their "evolution" to what they were portrayed as during that time). Even in the OS, while still being the "main" villains, they still had a comedy value. And them "Blasting off" is iconic for them, and unwittingly directly connects them to their organization's name (rockets blast off). While, yes, more variations in the blast offs would be much better than just sitting in midair while spinning would be welcoming.

The jetpacks are just ridiculous and a cheap way of doing easy animations. And besides, the role of "evil" characters is usually left to ones like Plasma, Galactic, and Hunter J, who actually know what their doing and know how to execute it. Sure, being blasted high into the air and come crashing down to terra firma with no lasting (if any) injuries isn't "normal", but if they've survived that long, then I don't think it matters. If it ain't broke, don't break it.

So, for me, Blasting off is not only their trademark, but it's their way of life. So I say keep the blast offs, but adding a little more "spice" to them would be nice, too.
    はるひ and Jez like this.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    Blasting off, no questions asked.

TRio were meant to be fun, not super-serious like in BW (one of my biggest complaints in BW was their "evolution" to what they were portrayed as during that time). Even in the OS, while still being the "main" villains, they still had a comedy value. And them "Blasting off" is iconic for them, and unwittingly directly connects them to their organization's name (rockets blast off). While, yes, more variations in the blast offs would be much better than just sitting in midair while spinning would be welcoming.

The jetpacks are just ridiculous and a cheap way of doing easy animations. And besides, the role of "evil" characters is usually left to ones like Plasma, Galactic, and Hunter J, who actually know what their doing and know how to execute it. Sure, being blasted high into the air and come crashing down to terra firma with no lasting (if any) injuries isn't "normal", but if they've survived that long, then I don't think it matters. If it ain't broke, don't break it.

So, for me, Blasting off is not only their trademark, but it's their way of life. So I say keep the blast offs, but adding a little more "spice" to them would be nice, too.
    I like you...

But yes I do agree, though the jetpacks were good.

Blog Entries

How is it that their either really stupid or super spies, but never more than one or the other? The part in BW when they weren't after Pikachu was their best moments. Meowth going with Ash for a while was pretty great, especially when he and Oshuat unknowingly fell in love with that Pokemon pretending to be a female. Better yet was when he sprung the trap in the end, having put way more thought into the scheme than I expect from a show like this.
    IGN: Jraken
    FC: 4227-2083-0655
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

RP Story: World Without Legends (ongoing)
    PS- I hope you like nightmares. >}
    Story Registry: Signups

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I don't mind them using jet pack or whether they blast off instead. What I would like to see is a lot more variety of how they blast off, or what they use to escape instead of mostly jet packs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12