Team Flare - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Team Flare

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Team Flare

This could be refreshing. After the serious plot surrounding Team Plasma, we get something more light that doesn't require much thinking or anything too deep. It would be fun to see them appear like Team Rocket who's goal was also money

Blog Entries

Like a couple other people in this thread, I really want to see a couple of Team Flare agents in the anime have a Butch-and-Cassidy-type rivalry with Jessie and James. It makes sense because if money is the object, it's a natural goal for both teams. It'll also give Team Rocket something to do, and they can drive their own storylines instead of relying on Ash's storyline to completely (and sometimes awkwardly) pull them into the story.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As long as Team Flare isn't handled like Plasma, I'm content. If they end up having appearances similar to Galactic but with more emphasis, I'm pumped. Can't wait to see their FABULOUSness in action!
    8ther and Catzeye like this.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

And a TR/TF rivalry would also work because Jessie and James are going to HATE the idea of people out there more fashionable and fabulous than them! (Oooh, this ain't gonna be pretty )
    8ther, Akromatic, Catzeye and 1 others like this.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Default Re: Team Flair

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    I think we need more information before we jump to conclusions. It would seem redundant to have two teams doing the same thing, though.
    Well they could dump Team Rocket who hasn't had much of a plot since Kanto and use the new team. That would work if anything else. They really do need a change. I'm tired of them always after Ash's pokemon like there isn't anyone else they can steal from.
    SammyW27 and fidjnr like this.

Default Re: Team Flair

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    I think we need more information before we jump to conclusions. It would seem redundant to have two teams doing the same thing, though.
    Well they could dump Team Rocket who hasn't had much of a plot since Kanto and use the new team. That would work if anything else. They really do need a change. I'm tired of them always after Ash's pokemon like there isn't anyone else they can steal from.
    I think if that happens this maybe the start of the beginning of the end of an era

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

As long as they're not treated the same as Team Plasma and actually appear a fair amount of times, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin View Post
    As long as they're not treated the same as Team Plasma and actually appear a fair amount of times, I'll be happy.
    Exactly! Team Plasma could have been EPIC in the anime but instead they just get a small arc.

I do worry that Team Flare might get treated just as bad as Team Plasma. It all depends if the writers feel like using the team to their full potential.
    Caseydia likes this.

Check out my tumblr!

Fanfiction <- Please read and review if you like?

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Catzeye View Post
    Exactly! Team Plasma could have been EPIC in the anime but instead they just get a small arc.

I do worry that Team Flare might get treated just as bad as Team Plasma.
    Or worse, Teams Aqua & Magma

The real problem is that the Producers just don't know what to DO with the Villains most of the time. The annoying part is that Villain Teams keep getting a bigger role & stronger presence each generation, but Producers would (much) rather show Ash-tachi & friends having inconsequential misadventures that put a certain Pokémon in the spotlight (whether it deserves it or not)

The only "bad guys" they really want to use are the TRio...who are often more like comic relief sidekicks than actual villains

Also:

For all we know, TF's goal of wanting money--while refreshing--could be a cover for something bigger...
    (like how TP's goal of liberation was a front)
    Last edited by SammyW27; 4th August 2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Catzeye and Ambipom666 like this.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Quote Originally Posted by SammyW27 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzeye View Post

I do worry that Team Flare might get treated just as bad as Team Plasma.
    Or worse, Teams Aqua & Magma

The real problem is that the Producers just don't know what to DO with the Villains most of the time. The Villain Teams keep getting a bigger role & stronger presence each generation, but Producers would (much) rather show Ash-tachi & friends having inconsequential misadventures that put a certain Pokémon in the spotlight

The only "bad guys" they really want to use are the TRio...who are often more like comic relief sidekicks than actual villains
    You hit the nail on the head sir. It's not like they don't have any material to work with it. It just seems like they would rather just make Ash go "Pokemon are my best buddies!!" all the time.

I mean come on! If the anime is supposed to be a commercial wouldn't it make sense to actually include as much of the storyline from the games as possible? I mean I understand the anime is an adaptation of the games but they could at least honor the games they are essentially being animated advertisement for.

I came into Best Wishes thinking that it would be the best of the series as far as villains went. With N's thoughts clashing directly with Ash's it would've made a good plot to explore over the course of the series rather than packed into one small arc. Not to mention like you said Team Aqua and Magma could have been handled way better than they were. The finale of the two could have been awesome if they brought in Rayquaza.

Check out my tumblr!

Fanfiction <- Please read and review if you like?

Blog Entries

It's too early for me to be judging but I cannot take Team Flare seriously right now. Those grunts are too FABULOUS to be anything but comic relief.
    Okay, maybe the higher-ups can be real threats. But the grunts? The only things they'll be doing are having loser fights with Team Rocket and getting their shins kicked in by 5-year-olds.
    [avatar: pixiv]

Quote Originally Posted by Hyasynth View Post
    It's too early for me to be judging but I cannot take Team Flare seriously right now. Those grunts are too FABULOUS to be anything but comic relief.
    Okay, maybe the higher-ups can be real threats. But the grunts? The only things they'll be doing are having loser fights with Team Rocket and getting their shins kicked in by 5-year-olds.
    That's exactly what I don't want them to be. I know nameless grunts are rarely a threat, but making TRio ver 2.0 is redundant and pointless, especially when the original TRio will most likely be around.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Team Rocket and Team Flare has a who-can-steal-most-money-from-other-people competition.
    But I do not think that money is their only goal. It will probably be like Team Plasma who pretended to have a special goal and then revealed their true one.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Magma Bomb View Post
    That's exactly what I don't want them to be. I know nameless grunts are rarely a threat, but making TRio ver 2.0 is redundant and pointless, especially when the original TRio will most likely be around.
    Well I rather a new team because TR did it for a lot of years so it would be refreshing to have some new people doing. Especially if TF might have a different goal other than chasing Ash and Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magma Bomb View Post
    Well I rather a new team because TR did it for a lot of years so it would be refreshing to have some new people doing. Especially if TF might have a different goal other than chasing Ash and Pikachu.
    As one of the people who grew tired of TR's antics over the years I can say adding even more characters doing exactly the same thing is the opposite of refreshing. The whole point of adding new characters is to experiment with different things, not more of the same.
    C'mon, it is not because they have a similar goal they must be bumbling fools too.
    Risen Chief and SammyW27 like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast