Team Flare

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Team Flare

Default Team Flare

How do do you think Team Flair will be handled in the anime? So far, it looks like a "back to basic" approach with the team being interested in money. Maybe that means they will be more prominent than other non-Rocket teams. Who knows? Maybe Jessie and James will have a Cassidy and Butch like rivalry with some grunts.

Registered User The REAL Gary oak's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Team Flair

or maybe theyl dump team rocket after all those years of not being respected n switch sides. i dont think wel ever see butch and cassidy ever again!! O.o
    The REAL gary oak is supreme and deserves everyones facebook like. https://www.facebook.com/the.REAL.gary.oak1

Blog Entries

I think we need more information before we jump to conclusions. It would seem redundant to have two teams doing the same thing, though.
    Mokoniki likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

While I'm worried about what this will mean for the games' plots, these guys should be great for the anime. Part of what what led to Aqua, Magma and Galactic's short runs and general failures, I think, was that their plots don't translate well from a relatively compact game plot to a long-running anime- basically, there's only so many ways you can spin "find/fail to find the legendary artifact that summons the legendary we can't really do anything without". I think this is part of why Hunter J was created and then linked to Galactic, to expand their plot somewhat. (Plasma had a good balance of having a directed plot for the games and freedom to act for the anime, but then shit happened, so...) TR, on the other hand, generally worked out (by which I mean serious/organizational Rocket, not the TRio's goofiness), with plenty of plots because you can apply their goals to a whole lot of things.

Blog Entries

Firstly, @ehh123;, it's Team Flare, not Team Flair.
    Secondly, I want Team Flare to at least have different hairstyles. They seem to care a lot about fashion.

Blog Entries

I'd personally be fine with them not being in the Anime at all, and having the writers stick with Team Rocket would float my boat. Episodes featuring the Evil Teams usually aren't that exciting for me, and I'd rather they make Pokemon or COTD's the antagonists for episodes.
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry
    x

Well presumably Team Flare/Flair will be more involved in the games than Team Rocket were. I wouldn't mind seeing them competing with Team Rocket for money rather than whatever the **** the less sane teams wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Akzivx V View Post
    Yeah, I realized my mistake when it was too late.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Default re: Team Flare

Since we really don't know that much about them, all I hope for right now is that they get better execution than Team Plasma and they appear throughout the series. I also hope they are perceived as a more serious threat than Team Rocket was.
    Robo-Floatzel and Team Gaara like this.

追放されたバカ

Visit Fennekin's Youtube Channel

I think Team Rocket will still be appearing most of the time, with the occasional appearance of Team Flare.

Bow before me, bitches! SammyW27's Avatar
    Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Way too soon to tell . We just learned of their existence today. Heck, I'm wondering if Gen 6 will have another villain team or two based on another element/Pokémon type since Flare is fire-themed (shades of Generation 3! (and just hope we don't get another Groudon vs Kyogre 2 parter ))
    8ther and Hidden Mew like this.
    Being a fan means being unashamed of what you like, no matter what anyone else says

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

It's too soon to tell at this point, especially when there's something more than just getting money hopefully. I would prefer for them to actually use the evil team throughout the series instead of one arc like they did with Team Plasma. Something like how they handled Team Galactic would be better.
    SammyW27 likes this.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

While we know so little about them currently, I only hope that Team Flair is handled more properly than Team Plasma was handled, but given the fact that the writers don't know how to write villain characters well because of the Team Rocket trio being used so much and devolving to comic relief characters to an extent, it's highly unlikely they will be used often or properly, despite my constant urge for the anime to have a rotating cast of villains to have more variety with the conflict of each episode than simply Team Rocket stealing a Pokemon and Pikachu zapping them each time.

Secondly, I want Team Flare to at least have different hairstyles. They seem to care a lot about fashion.
    I call them Team Flair because "flair" is French for "stylish", this is Kalos after all, so it's only natural we have French stereotypes shoehorned in. Plus a team that uses strictly Fire types would make them really boring. (not to mention fire types tend to be so rare, they would have so little variation).
    SammyW27 likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Whether they appear in the anime or not, I hope the Flair/Flare-dan is well-handled, not only randomly appearing in an arc toward the end of the series.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    While we know so little about them currently, I only hope that Team Flair is handled more properly than Team Plasma was handled, but given the fact that the writers don't know how to write villain characters well because of the Team Rocket trio being used so much and devolving to comic relief characters to an extent, it's highly unlikely they will be used often or properly, despite my constant urge for the anime to have a rotating cast of villains to have more variety with the conflict of each episode than simply Team Rocket stealing a Pokemon and Pikachu zapping them each time.

I call them Team Flair because "flair" is French for "stylish", this is Kalos after all, so it's only natural we have French stereotypes shoehorned in. Plus a team that uses strictly Fire types would make them really boring. (not to mention fire types tend to be so rare, they would have so little variation).
    While I agree with your other points, and previously knew that "flair" was related to style, the official name is "Team Flare". "Flair" does fit better into the region's theme, though.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast