Takeshi Shudo's Anime Novelization books - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Takeshi Shudo's Anime Novelization books

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Takeshi Shudo's Anime Novelization books

I did find the fact that Brock's mother had several marriages weird and yet also interesting, but at least now I can see how Brock has so many siblings; some of them are his half siblings.

I also just have to point out the fact that trainers beginning their journeys at the age of ten now makes more sense.
    Last edited by Trainer Gabriel; 3rd November 2012 at 02:19 AM.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When kids turn 10, they are legally treated as an adult. They have to pay tax, get arrested when they commit crime, can marry, can get a job, etc, etc.
    And here we go...

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I could have sworn I read these before a long time ago, like back in 2006 or so. I remember the thing about 10 year olds being able to get married from loong ago. I think someone, (Archaic, maybe? Or was it Dogasu?) posted these back when AG was airing. I remember reading these in some ancient Misty argument thread, I'll see if I can dig it up with the search feature, might be tough to find though.

Blog Entries

Found the thread. Good thing I saved the pages to my computer, huh?
    투 애니원 likes this.

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

The book firmly states that there ‘were’ the animals like dog or cat existed in the world too, so don’t get confused when they say that Squirtle is a turtle Pokemon.
    Thaaaaaaaaaaaaank you.

I was hoping for a confirmation about that.

Wait..."were?" Not the poor kitties!

When kids turn 10, they are legally treated as an adult. They have to pay tax, get arrested when they commit crime, can marry, can get a job, etc, etc.
    ...What the flying fajita is wrong with these people? Unless those are some pretty smart kids, I don't think this shit should be allowed.

According to the book, a talking Nyarth ‘cannot exist and must not exist’.
    Well...uh...why...?
    Last edited by Eitarou; 3rd November 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Most of the males in the world try to be a Pokemon trainer, and of course, most of them utterly fail hard. Then they just become incompetent adults.
    Is this the way Ash's father and grandfather turned out? And maybe even Ash will turn out this way...

The reason Takeshi loves women might be this. He yearns for a kind maternal woman who can take care of his siblings.

So, now we know why Brock was women-obssesed...

...but this may now be uncanon. Thank you, Johto.

The book says that “there is a legend that the God created this world in a week. This god ‘doodled’ some extra animals in the seventh day. Those animals were born on holiday, and they weren’t ordered to ‘be ruled by humans’ or ‘rule human’. They are Pokemon.”

You mean Arceus?
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries

-So I'm guessing the reason Ash's dad never came back is because he utterly failed and was ashamed that he achieved nothing? Sounds like Brock's dad who abandoned his Gym. Maybe that's why Brock and Ash traveled together for so long to compensate for their daddy issues.

-Mayor Oak of Pallet Town episode someday? Do want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I could have sworn I read these before a long time ago, like back in 2006 or so. I remember the thing about 10 year olds being able to get married from loong ago. I think someone, (Archaic, maybe? Or was it Dogasu?) posted these back when AG was airing. I remember reading these in some ancient Misty argument thread, I'll see if I can dig it up with the search feature, might be tough to find though.
    I think I remember some of this information from a thread more recent than that one. It might have been a translation of some of his blogs, but the only parts that sounded familiar here are the whole ten year olds being treated like adults and Misty being ten as well.

Dear god. o_o; I'm glad Mr. Shudo doesn't write for the anime anymore, ech. Just imagine all the disgusting lolicon fanart of Kasumi/Haruka/Hikari/Iris that might have become canon.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

The more I read about Takeshi Shudo's books, the more I think that it's appropriate for us to discount anything he's ever said about his own intentions for the anime. It's clear from those summaries that his vision of the world was quite off base from that we actually see in the anime.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

That was a fun read, although I don't consider a word of it canon, at least to the anime we actually got. :p

Unless Flint has a tonne of brothers Lola's been going through, I think it's frankly a little ridiculous to suggest that Brock's siblings all come from different fathers. They ALL so blatantly have Flint's genes. :/

Blog Entries

Follow Madame Pika on Tumblr

You know the whole ten year olds are adults thing is probably there, for the kids. Not for the adults who watch the show. I mean, I can't speak for every one but as a kid watching the show I was really annoyed that I couldn't be an adult in the pokemon world at eight. With ten, it's 'you kids can be pokemon trainers since that would be fun!' more than anything else.

Also I find it interesting that the guy whose made one of the funniest series in the show, could have had such sad intentions for the anime:

"A gym leader is disqualified when s/he loses three times in a row. They often bribe challengers. Also it is a terrible job(cost a lot of money & the government support is not enough)
    That’s why Takeshi’s stepfathers kept running away. To keep the gym, Takeshi’s mother got married again and again and had dozens of kids. Finally she ran away too, leaving Takeshi alone with his half siblings.
    The reason Takeshi loves women might be this. He yearns for a kind maternal woman who can take care of his siblings.
    Kasumi is 10 too, same years old as Ash.
    Kasumi’s parents left too, leaving the gym to the girls." Just copying and pasting a particularly sad grouping. We already knew that he had some serious ideas planned from his blogs but these seem different. I can't say I mind though.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Pika View Post
    A gym leader is disqualified when s/he loses three times in a row.
    If that was still (ever!) a rule in the anime then Chili would have been fired a long time ago. Technically, Misty's sisters would have had their gym leader status revoked before Ash showed up to challenge them, since they had apparently just been wiped out by Gary and the other two Pallet Town trainers (unless they can count those as individual losses).
    Last edited by garrison-san; 3rd November 2012 at 05:18 AM.
    투 애니원 likes this.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Pika View Post
    Also I find it interesting that the guy whose made one of the funniest series in the show, could have had such sad intentions for the anime:
    Indeed. This guy really enjoyed his Grimdark, it seems. Though we probably shouldn't forget in saying that, that Satoshi Tajiri apparently once said that the Adventures manga, which is much darker than the anime at times, was closer to his original vision.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Blog Entries

Indeed for both the games and anime, I think these ideas have long since been forgotten, or at least lessened to some degree. It does possibly give insight on what the pokeworld is supposed to be, but we can't be certain which was his own invention and which were given to him by Gamefreak. To me, this changes little, as I always looked at Pokemon in a more mature sense, although I tend to be more optimistic than this. I've supposed that in case someone fails at being a trainer, there has to be something else they can do, even if it has little to do with Pokemon. The later seasons seem to suggest this is true, since we have working people both male and female that often don't have pokemon yet still have a valid profession. (although some of those people had to forgo training a pokemon to do so) My theory mostly comes from the games, where it is seen that using a pokemon for your profession is commonplace in the pokemon world. The suggestion is that you don't necessarily need to know how to battle pokemon, just how to use them. Although if I were to take that to it's ultimate conclusion, that would mean there is technically no way to fail at pokemon, just that there's different levels of skill for different things. Still, if you can't train a pokemon, I see little way you could survive, merely on the principle that not having one would leave you at a disadvantage and vulnerable to attack. That's just my theory, though. I'm just glad that there is the possible basis for real world logic to apply to all this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)