Stock Animation? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Stock Animation?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default Re: Stock Animation?

By "long close-ups," you mean...animations that take up two to three seconds, tops?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

They feel longer to me pretty sure earlier on they took more time then that. Not to mention in a tense scenario like a battle a second is a long time. Think back to races in a competion a couple seconds could mean the difference between victory and defeat and in really tense scenario like a fire fight life a death. Not to mention the repeated use makes it add up like crazy
    Last edited by Phoenixphlare; 4th August 2012 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I understand that the budget is limited and that's probably a main reason why they use so much stock animation, but you'd think there would be other ways of saving a bit of time and money that wouldn't require the viewers to watch drawn out sequences of animation they've seen dozens of times.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Never unstood why the anime had such a low budget, the ratings are doing great worldwide... and is it me or did the first 20 or so episodes of black and white look better then the rest?
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    Never unstood why the anime had such a low budget, the ratings are doing great worldwide... and is it me or did the first 20 or so episodes of black and white look better then the rest?
    I don't know how the ratings are doing in most countries, but based on the information provided in another thread, BW, after the first twenty or so episodes, didn't really do that well in ratings, even though that doesn't really matter nearly as much as merchandise sales. As to why the anime has a low budget, it's not really too uncommon for toyetic series to not have huge budgets, even if they are successful in Japan and in other countries. The fact that this is a long-running series makes it even more understandable why they wouldn't want to pour a large amount of money for the animation and just use what they can.

As for the issue of stock animation, it usually doesn't bother me too much. I'll notice it and in some cases it does come off a bit lazy, such as the way Tepig/Pignite come out of it's Pokeball, but it doesn't really detracts from my enjoyment of an episode. Besides that, given the economy, it's reasonable that they would want to reuse bits for stock animation to save some money.
    PockyAddict likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12