- Nando
    - Tobias

In Unova league he has 5:

- Trip
    - Bianca
    - Stephen
    - Kotetsu
    - Virgil

Even though he may not battle all of them, just like he didn't battle Barry, he still has had 5 rivals in both. I don't really see them introducing ANOTHER guy after this, when they already just introduced two last-minute league rivals.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Start of the league

Quote Originally Posted by PokéMaid View Post
    About the league, I really think Ash will win for some reason.

About the rival face-ups, I think this is going to happen.

Ash VS. Trip - Ash wins, Trip will lose, but decides to stay and watch and learn from other trainers.

Bianca VS. Stephan - Bianca will win.

Ash VS. Bianca - Ash will win.

Ash VS. Virgil - Ash will win.

Ash VS. Kotetsu - Ash will win.

I think Ash will also face a fierce powerfull trainer like Tobias in the last round, however, without the powerhouse thing.
    Finally a good prediction !
    However , I would like Trip to be beaten by Ash in a Full battle And if Virgil has non-Eevee Pokemon then I want him to be in final.
    I guess Ash has to beat COTD until he reach the first full battle round.
    I hope writer doesn't create some mindless COTD.
    I believe that even COTD can have their own personality , Dream & backstory even if they appear for only one battle.
    Like ''World Duel Carnival'' in Yugioh Zexal.
    Yuma battle 3 COTD in order to enter to enter the main event and all of them appear only in one episode.
    But all of them had their own personality , Backstory , Issues and Dream !
    They weren't some mindless puppet like the COTD Ash fought in Don Tournament , Donamite & Junior Cup.
    I want the same type of COTD in Unova League.
    Like , A Daughter of Nurse Joy who run away from home in order to qualify and enter the Unova League because she want to be a pokemon Master while her mother want her to be a Nurse.
    Her mother show up in League conference to take her home.
    But Biance (Who been through the same thing) convince her to watch her Daughter's battle with Ash and make her realize how her daughter have grown so She later support her Daughter Dream.
    I want COTD like that!!!!

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    The Eevee guy looks like Ryota Kise. So, Trip using Serperior again?
    omg, he does!!! ♥_♥

He looks like a combination of Trip and Paul, actually XD
    martianmister likes this.

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grave-E View Post
    Also, I have never been this unenthused for a league before. The battles in this series are utter rubbish for the most part, and I have no reason to believe these will be different.
    I wouldn't say I'm completely unenthused by it, but I really share this sentiment overall. I'm rather enthused by a few characters and a few Pokémon, rather than by the League itself. I really couldn't care less about Satoshi, about the overwhelming majority of his team, about Shooti, about Kenyan, about Kotetsu... I'm pretty much Team Bel at the moment and I hope I see Zuruggu and Tsutarja have good battles. Beyond that, my feelings about this League are the culminations of my feelings about BW in general. Satoshi got too many Pokémon, way too many Pokémon, most of these were not only redundant, but just strike me as bland battling machine I really couldn't give a rat's ass about. Looking at you Hahakomori, but let's face it, Gantle, Gamagaru, Kenhallow and Pikachu's "personalities" are just as boring as watching paint dry. Whether they do go, do bad, win, lose, I don't feel any connection to them, I'm not rooting for them. I more or less feel like Waruvial is done in terms of character and really doesn't need a whole lot of appearances at this point, same for Chaobu. Mijumaru redeemed itself slightly recently with the Pochama cry fest, but do I care about it as a battler? No, not really. I don't know, I remember when the Sinnoh League was announced, the thread exploded and here, it's pretty quiet, kinda dead even and the reactions are just unenthused. Then again, the section was alive back then.

Surprised the translations of summaries haven't been posted yet, so I went on Serebii because that's the quickest way to get news, and of course, they were available there. So here goes, from the always quick and reliable Sushi at Serebii. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    Translation:
    1) Aim to win the Unova League!
    Introduction of the participants you should pay attention to!

2) The Unova League finally Begins!
    Many experienced fighters assemble in Higaki City! Apart from Ash, we'll introduce five Trainers and their partners!
    Well, we pretty much know our cast of characters this time around. I don't see a sixth rival being tacked on at the end, but here's my comments on each and what I think their chances in the League are. Most of the descriptions are rather vague, but still fun to speculate on... XD

Bianca & Emboar: Before you notice it, she wins with unexpected (?!) strength! Once she is on a roll, her dream of conquering the League comes within reach!
    That description kinda makes me think she'll go far, especially the second part. Bel on a roll? The dream of conquering the League comes within reach? Out of the rivals, she's the one who made the most progress, she's been getting better and better, and she's got some good wins on her resume. If there's a rival v rival battle, I kinda think it would be Bel v Kenyan, with the former getting her revenge on Kenyan.

What I want to see happening: Bel wins it all. XD
    What I think will happen: Bel beats Kenyan early, wins against CotD and falls in the semis or in the finals against the winner.

Stephan & Sawk: They won the Clubsplosion, a tournament for Fighting type Pokémon. Pay attention to his powerful battles!
    Wow, that's pretty much spelling that Kenyan won the Clubsplosion and he's not going far here.

Serperior & Trip: He defeated Ash in the finals of the Junior Cup! Will there finally be a conclusion against his destined rival?
    Move over Shinji, Shooti is Satoshi's "destined rival" XD When you're at the point of asking if there's going to be a conclusion to his rivalry, it's cause there's going to be one. Satoshi wins.

Kotetsu & Riolu: Due to a misunderstanding, Kotetsu was unable to enter the Junior Cup. His hidden strength is finally revealed!
    Yeah, that really doesn't say a whole lot, but I'm kinda feeling a somewhat early exit for Kotetsu à la Masamune. Not first round, but not that far either. I think Satoshi's winning against him.

Virgil & Team Eevee: Virgil of the Rescue Team enters the League too! The group of seven comprises many different types and is tough!
    Group of Seven? Didn't he have all seven eeveelutions + Eevee? Wouldn't that make 8? Or does he have 6 eeveelutions and Eevee will evolve into the seventh? To be honest, I'm digging his team. I've done an all eevee run in one game and was surprised by how good the team was, so I'm not really mad at his lineup. To be honest, he gives me winning vibes. The people that beat Satoshi tend to be portrayed as more mature than he his and calmer, so I rather think he fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I also think Ash is bound to get 2-3 more evo's before the league
    LOL what? In the what, 7 episodes before the League, Satoshi's team is going to see 2-3 evolutions? XD Considering two of them are about TR, two of them are about Shaga and Dragon Village, 1 is to introduce the new rival... I think it highly unlikely that we'll see 2 for 2 evolutions in those episodes.

I can even see them pulling mid-battle evo's as the league is actually going on as that's what BW has been doing.
    I'm not putting anything past the writers at this point. XD

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sweet, so it looks like the writers will continue to follow up on Bianca's progress after all. I was hoping her spectacular improvement in the Clubsplosion wouldn't go to waste and be forgotten completely as I was beginning to fear.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bianca's description is telling, and the Eevee guys description is rather low-key and meh. Perhaps Ash faces Bianca in the Top 4 and then Trip in the finals?

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

In my opinion the only way the could mix it up would be by having Trip lose to an all powerful new character then have Ash win or loose to him or her.

Blog Entries

I hope Shooti is the next of Tobias LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Five-Gate Omega View Post
    Especially considering Harrison,Tyson,Ritchie,and Tobias were either introuced at the start of the league or during the league. Both Kotetsu and Eevee-dude were introduced in standalone episodes as far as we know.
    But Virgil's episode is apparently going to be immediately followed by the league. Likewise, Harrison was introduced in the episode just before the start of the Johto League. Granted, the episode tied into the torch ceremony at the end, but most of it was about Sneasel and Harrison. Besides, if the Sinnoh League is any indication, there won't be a plot about the torch this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    Even though he may not battle all of them, just like he didn't battle Barry, he still has had 5 rivals in both. I don't really see them introducing ANOTHER guy after this, when they already just introduced two last-minute league rivals.
    You do realize that Ash needs to defeat at least six opponents in order to win the league, right? I can't imagine that there will be fewer than 64 participants.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    You do realize that Ash needs to defeat at least six opponents in order to win the league, right? I can't imagine that there will be fewer than 64 participants.
    Quick montages against COTD"s is what they did in all of Unova's tournaments so far.

Blog Entries

Quick montages against COTD"s is what they did in all of Unova's tournaments so far.
    What an impressive way to show how far Ash has come since the previous leagues.
    Hidden Mew and Shinneth like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    What an impressive way to show how far Ash has come since the previous leagues.
    They did the same in past leagues too, what do you want? The Indigo league rushed through Ash's two middle battles, the Johto league showed us static shots of Phanpy against a Machoke and Cyndaquil against an Exegguttor, and the Hoenn league completely skipped over one of Ash's battles without even seeing a glimpse of it.

Well... in previous seasons was highly recommended for Ash not meeting new people in the league, because that guy always ended up kicking his eternally defeated butt (Richie, Harrison, Tyson), but Trollbias was the exception to that rule D:< oh damn, I get mad again ¬¬

Blog Entries

True, but there is no "hyped" pokemon that Ash has to struggle against this time:

- Richie = Pikachu
    - Harrisson = Blaziken
    - Tyson - Meowth/Metagross
    - Tobias = Darkrai

Serperior is the most hyped up one this time, but we know Ash will beat it. I just can't see any one of those Eevee forms being hyped up more, especially since they're all old pokemon.

Hell, if Ash was going to lose to something it'd probably be something like a Zoroark.

Blog Entries

They did the same in past leagues too, what do you want? The Indigo league rushed through Ash's two middle battles, the Johto league showed us static shots of Phanpy against a Machoke and Cyndaquil against an Exegguttor, and the Hoenn league completely skipped over one of Ash's battles without even seeing a glimpse of it.
    He didn't win those leagues. He had two 3vs3 battles and two full battles in both the Johto and Sinnoh Leagues, and two double battles and three full battles in the Hoenn League. If two of his Unova rivals battle each other, that will only leave four serious opponents for Ash to face, which may not be a step back from previous leagues, but it shouldn't be enough for a league victory.

All I'm saying is that if you seriously expect Ash to win the league, I'm surprised that you don't think he will battle all five rivals. Had the writers wanted Ash to win the Sinnoh League, he would have probably battled Barry.

Serperior is the most hyped up one this time, but we know Ash will beat it. I just can't see any one of those Eevee forms being hyped up more, especially since they're all old pokemon.

Hell, if Ash was going to lose to something it'd probably be something like a Zoroark.
    Meowth was an old Pokémon even in 2005, and yet Pikachu lost to it. Also, you're forgetting that Tobias took Pikachu down with his Latios as opposed to Darkrai. This time Eevee even has a chance to evolve.

Kotetsu and Bianca shouldn't be underestimated, either. I wouldn't say that Trip's Serperior is necessarily stronger than their starters, and Riolu is most likely going to evolve into Lucario judging from the Season 2 poster and merchandise (there is no indication that Cynthia has a Lucario). Bianca might end up with a Zoroark, too, considering how much she liked Luke's Zorua.
    Last edited by Silktree; 21st September 2012 at 03:22 AM.
    Hidden Mew and martianmister like this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast