PREVIEW: Start of the league - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Start of the league

Blog Entries

Default Re: Start of the league

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Palpitoad and Scraggy alone can beat most of the Eeveelutions, so they really shouldn't cause him any trouble in the league. Shouldn't being the key word.

The same goes for most of the known competition - Ash has Pokemon that can beat most of his rivals. Palpitoad should be able to defeat Bianca's Emboar (her only real chance of doing well), Pikachu/Leavanny for Kotetsu's Samurott. Stephan is a massive unknown and Trip has a well rounded team - but Ash has already lost against them both, so it would be strange for them to be the stumbling block in the league.
    Since when did type effectiveness dictate Ash's optimal strategy? One thing is certain: Ash won't sweep through any of his opponents' teams.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Palpitoad and Scraggy alone can beat most of the Eeveelutions, so they really shouldn't cause him any trouble in the league. Shouldn't being the key word.

The same goes for most of the known competition - Ash has Pokemon that can beat most of his rivals. Palpitoad should be able to defeat Bianca's Emboar (her only real chance of doing well), Pikachu/Leavanny for Kotetsu's Samurott. Stephan is a massive unknown and Trip has a well rounded team - but Ash has already lost against them both, so it would be strange for them to be the stumbling block in the league.

But equally, Ash has struggled through the Gyms, hasn't trained and hasn't won any of the pre-tournaments. No part of his past performances in BW point to an ability to win the league, perhaps with the exception of Krookodile against Dragonite.

The league that he has the best chance of winning is the league he least deserves to win.
    Scraggy can barley stand up and palpitoad has only been used 4 times, i don't think so, and it would be nice to see ash loosing to this guy, it's about time the eeveelutions were done some justice in the anime
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

If this was the Sinnoh League, I would be more excited, as Ash would definetly win.

This time? I don't think so. His team is so undertrained, and only has one fully evolved Pokémon, Unfezant (compared to Sinnoh's 4), so chances are, an undeserved win will come to someone.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G013M View Post
    If this was the Sinnoh League, I would be more excited, as Ash would definetly win.

This time? I don't think so. His team is so undertrained, and only has one fully evolved Pokémon, Unfezant (compared to Sinnoh's 4), so chances are, an undeserved win will come to someone.
    Leavanny and Krookodile are fully evolved.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PokéMaid View Post

Leavanny and Krookodile are fully evolved.
    Oh. I forgot about them, lol.

Blog Entries

If this was the Sinnoh League Ash would definitely win? What? He lost in the Sinnoh League?

Besides, it doesn't matter what Pokémon Ash would use. The writers could've given Ash his old Pokémon back if they wanted to, but that would still not change the fact that he'd still lose if they wanted him to, the Pokémon he carries have nothing to do with it. His Pokémon aren't undertrained, it's just something that the fans have come up with after comparing Ash's Pokémon now to those he had back in Sinnoh. And the writers would surely not agree with that either.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post

If this was the Sinnoh League Ash would definitely win? What? He lost in the Sinnoh League?

Besides, it doesn't matter what Pokémon Ash would use. The writers could've given Ash his old Pokémon back if they wanted to, but that would still not change the fact that he'd still lose if they wanted him to, the Pokémon he carries have nothing to do with it. His Pokémon aren't undertrained, it's just something that the fans have come up with after comparing Ash's Pokémon now to those he had back in Sinnoh. And the writers would surely not agree with that either.
    I worded that a bit wrong.

I meant that if this was Sinnoh!Ash competing and not Isshu!Ash, he might have won.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, a guy with all of te eeveelutions, this is gonna be awesome. I hope that that Kotetsu's Riolu evolves a la Morrison's Beldum. I hope that Ash does well, which I think that he can. Seeing Serperior nail Pikachu is fun.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you look at his current rivals, his team isn't that poorly equipped to go against them. I also think Ash is bound to get 2-3 more evo's before the league, and I can even see them pulling mid-battle evo's as the league is actually going on as that's what BW has been doing.

Serperior is shown to be the biggest threat in the league, but obviously Ash will find a way to beat it this time as he's not going to lose to Trip in the league.

Blog Entries

If they want to slot in another Tobias without notice they can. Note how everyone thought Paul's torterra was the biggest threat and it wasn't even used. Then darkrai showed up and blasted through the entire competition.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    If they want to slot in another Tobias without notice they can. Note how everyone thought Paul's torterra was the biggest threat and it wasn't even used. Then darkrai showed up and blasted through the entire competition.
    They already introduced two more rivals though...its hard to imagine yet another. Remember each league has never gone beyond 8 episodes. They more rivals they add the longer it is.

Blog Entries

About the league, I really think Ash will win for some reason.

About the rival face-ups, I think this is going to happen.

Ash VS. Trip - Ash wins, Trip will lose, but decides to stay and watch and learn from other trainers.

Bianca VS. Stephan - Bianca will win.

Ash VS. Bianca - Ash will win.

Ash VS. Virgil - Ash will win.

Ash VS. Kotetsu - Ash will win.

I think Ash will also face a fierce powerfull trainer like Tobias in the last round, however, without the powerhouse thing.

Blog Entries

If any rivals battle each other it'll probably be Trip Vs. Bianca, because she beat him before and Trip had a rematch against Cilan to win over him.

I can't see Trip being an early match at all.

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

Well if they do have rivals battle each other we better not see there entire team get sweeped like what happened Barry when he battled Paul which made his entire character feel slightly pointless.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What i think is going to happen is that most likely we will get a Tobias-like Rival who will be shown to trounce the competition with or without legends and he/she will be the one to knock Ash out of the competition only to for him/her to win it all. I can't really see Eevee dude or Kotetsu or even Trip beating Ash. I believe Ash may make it to the top 4 and lose and it's not a question of "does he deserve to make it that far or not?" because the Unova League may end up hosting a weaker level of competition that past Leagues. Just by looking at all the rivals, Eevee-dude and possibly Kotetsu non-withstanding, they all suck in battling ability compared to Gary,Morrison,Harrison,Tyson,Barry, and Paul, all of his rivals at the past leagues Ash previously squared off against. So Ash being weaker may not even factor much into his performance nor should we come to expect such. If Eevee guy and Kotetsu face Ash before Trip, then expect the writers to introduce a uber strong trainer ala Tobias whose sole purpose is to knock Ash out of the tournament and win. That is what i am most expecting. Especially considering Harrison,Tyson,Ritchie,and Tobias were either introuced at the start of the league or during the league. Both Kotetsu and Eevee-dude were introduced in standalone episodes as far as we know.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast