PREVIEW: Start of the league - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Start of the league

Default Re: Start of the league

Ash had better beat the Eevee guy, I don't want to see this tournament hijacked by that troupe of overrated foxes.

Blog Entries

If Ash is going to lose its probably going to be the eevee guy.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    If Ash is going to lose its probably going to be the eevee guy.
    Just curious, but why? I don't see any big incentive for Ash to lose to a guy with an all Eevee team.

Ash's biggest threat in this opponent is Serperior, that's the, "Blaziken and Darkrai" of this tournament.

Blog Entries

It's obvious serperior will lose to ash, and if he doesn't win outright the Eeveelution guy fits the guy who beats Ash criteria better than any of the other rivals. He doesn't look as impulsive as kotetsu, and he shows up right before the league. But yeah the competition for unova is sorely lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's obvious serperior will lose to ash, and if he doesn't win outright the Eeveelution guy fits the guy who beats Ash criteria better than any of the other rivals. He doesn't look as impulsive as kotetsu, and he shows up right before the league. But yeah the competition for unova is sorely lacking.
    Other than him being older than the others, I am not getting that vibe. He seems like a Pokemon Ranger to me, (I don't think he is one though), and I can't see them glorifying one of the Eevee forms over the others to take Ash out with.

He's just there to push all the Eevee merchandise that's about to come out. I wouldn't take him too seriously.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Hopefully ash uses his reserves, plus ash's current team isn't ready for the league :|
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Quote Originally Posted by ❤Haruka❤ View Post
    Hopefully ash uses his reserves, plus ash's current team isn't ready for the league :|
    Ash's current team which already beat most of his rival's Pokemon already?

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Ash's current team which already beat most of his rival's Pokemon already?
    His current team struggles against trip, and it took 6 of them to beat homika.
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Correction, it struggles against Serperior.

Correction, it struggles against Serperior.
    Correction, Pignite struggled against Serperior, though im sure Pikachu will as well.

Oshawott and Tepig struggled against Tranquil, Snivy and pidove struggled against Frillish, Tepig Struggled against the ice cream cone, and all these pokes will be fully evolved and a lot stronger by the league.

My gut feeling? Ash will beat Trip and then lose to the eevee guy, or kotetsu ( even though he looks reasonably weak except for Samurott). I don't want Ash to lose to either of these people, and I don't care for either of these people being in the league, but that is my gut feeling.

I have a really bad feeling about this league, and I don't think I've been so unexcited for a league ever. the writing in best wishes has been pretty poor, especially when it comes to battles, and with so many important/semi important people appearing in this one I just think there are got to be a lot of rushed battles with questionable believability. Unless they drag it out for like 12 episodes, at which point everyone will be pretty tired of it by the end.

I don't want Ash to win this league. I don't think he deserves it to be honest, especially after his last gym battle. I would have been really stoked if he had won in Sinnoh, he had worked so hard and everyone for the most part was in top shape, and I really think he deserved it. But this time around the only person I would be happy with winning this tournament Is Bianca. And that shit ain't never happening

Just curious, but why? I don't see any big incentive for Ash to lose to a guy with an all Eevee team.
    That's because you're not thinking outside the box. Virgil also has an Eevee, which can either evolve into a Generation VI Pokémon or be treated as a Pikachu-like powerhouse. The former scenario would be similar to Harrison's Blaziken and the latter to Tyson's Meowth.

Ash's biggest threat in this opponent is Serperior, that's the, "Blaziken and Darkrai" of this tournament.
    I think it's much more reasonable to compare it to Gary's Blastoise and Paul's Electivire. There is a reason why it was introduced in the Junior Cup; even Blastoise was a bigger surprise to contend with. It is naive to think that Ash should only be worried about Serperior.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    That's because you're not thinking outside the box. Virgil also has an Eevee, which can either evolve into a Generation VI Pokémon or be treated as a Pikachu-like powerhouse. The former scenario would be similar to Harrison's Blaziken and the latter to Tyson's Meowth.
    There's no reason to bring up new Eevee forms which for the time being don't exist. And I seriously can't see Ash losing to an Eevee....Tyson's Meowth at least had a backstory and was shown with TR's Meowth.

I think it's much more reasonable to compare it to Gary's Blastoise and Paul's Electivire. There is a reason why it was introduced in the Junior Cup; even Blastoise was a bigger surprise to contend with. It is naive to think that Ash should only be worried about Serperior.
    I don't see those Eeeveelutions being treated as more important though. As you brought up, they'd have to show one as "the last one standing" to defeat Ash with over the others, and I can't see them doing that. Ash's Unova team isn't ill-prepared for an Eevee fight.

There's no reason to bring up new Eevee forms which for the time being don't exist.
    The league will end in January; by then we'll probably know about Generation VI. Having a new Pokémon debut then would work perfectly.

Also, please stop calling them forms. They're evolutions through and through.

And I seriously can't see Ash losing to an Eevee....Tyson's Meowth at least had a backstory and was shown with TR's Meowth.
    There is going to be a whole episode about Virgil and Eevee's backstory and its role in the rescue team as compared to its evolutions.

I don't see those Eeeveelutions being treated as more important though. As you brought up, they'd have to show one as "the last one standing" to defeat Ash with over the others, and I can't see them doing that. Ash's Unova team isn't ill-prepared for an Eevee fight.
    See above.

Blog Entries

Palpitoad and Scraggy alone can beat most of the Eeveelutions, so they really shouldn't cause him any trouble in the league. Shouldn't being the key word.

The same goes for most of the known competition - Ash has Pokemon that can beat most of his rivals. Palpitoad should be able to defeat Bianca's Emboar (her only real chance of doing well), Pikachu/Leavanny for Kotetsu's Samurott. Stephan is a massive unknown and Trip has a well rounded team - but Ash has already lost against them both, so it would be strange for them to be the stumbling block in the league.

But equally, Ash has struggled through the Gyms, hasn't trained and hasn't won any of the pre-tournaments. No part of his past performances in BW point to an ability to win the league, perhaps with the exception of Krookodile against Dragonite.

The league that he has the best chance of winning is the league he least deserves to win.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast