Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Start of the league

Default Re: Start of the league

I hope Ash brings bakc Pokemon from the other regions
    Robo-Floatzel and jinglejoe like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    The difference is an all Eevee team would have to have the writers make one of them look better than the others by beating Ash, and it seems unlikely.
    It is safe to assume that Eevee will be the wild card, which would be justified by either making it evolve into a new Pokémon or just having it turn out to be surprisingly powerful (like Gary's Eevee or Tyson's Meowth). The former would make more sense.

And honestly Ash's current team shouldn't do poorly against all Eevee's,
    They wouldn't have to do poorly if the battle were extremely close. And the Eeveelutions are powerful Pokémon with different abilities; there is no problem with using them in the same team. You're underestimating them by calling them "Eevee's" as if they were all clones of the same Pokémon.

Why did they have him lost all 3 of those minor tournaments then?
    To establish Iris, Stephan and Trip as powerful trainers in their own right. Ash has already defeated Iris and it is safe to assume that Stephan and Trip are up next, so the fact that those trainers won their respective tournaments is paying off. Unfortunately for Ash, Virgil never got the chance to prove his strength, and even Kotetsu (deliberately) couldn't participate in the Junior Cup.

The writers could make it up to Ash by having him win other tournaments after the league.
    martianmister likes this.

Trophies

Cant wait for the Eeveelution guy to make an appearance, this is great :D. But this league looks absolutely amazing, especially if (as the last post suggested) ash brings back one old pokemo :D. As there in north unova and an increasing number of trainers have national pokemon, I think he might, but I hope he only brings one back.

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He's not using any older pokemon, the scans would have make a big deal out of it if he was.

His old Pokemon will likely come back for whatever happens after the league ends.

It's possible the Serperior Vs. Pikachu image is just a quick warm-up fight before the league. Do you really think Ash Vs. Trip would be the FIRST match of the league? Haha, no.

I am not sure the way the league will play out. On one hand the Eevee trainer seems to be another one of those league rivals, yet as said, I just can't see Ash losing to an all Eevee team with one of those Eeveelutions being glorified over the others.
    I don't think so. Trip has been proven to be strong so I don't think he will get knocked out so early. And that goes the same for Ash. I just wish they didn't show us that so soon.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Why did they have him lost all 3 of those minor tournaments then?
    To establish Iris, Stephan and Trip as powerful trainers in their own right. Ash has already defeated Iris and it is safe to assume that Stephan and Trip are up next, so the fact that those trainers won their respective tournaments is paying off. Unfortunately for Ash, Virgil never got the chance to prove his strength, and even Kotetsu (deliberately) couldn't participate in the Junior Cup.

The writers could make it up to Ash by having him win other tournaments after the league.
    Seriously , Only for that !
    Its a Stupid reason!
    Paul , Conway , Gary, Ursola, May & Nando didn't need to win Major Tournament to establish themself but Ash has lose all Tournament just for that !
    If I consider other Anime & Manga then there are rival who have never beaten the protagonist but still manage to establish themself as much better rival then Current Pokemon rival.
    And What Ash going to do in Unova after League .
    By that time , All Ash's Unova Rival will be lone gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    It's possible the Serperior Vs. Pikachu image is just a quick warm-up fight before the league. Do you really think Ash Vs. Trip would be the FIRST match of the league? Haha, no.

I am not sure the way the league will play out. On one hand the Eevee trainer seems to be another one of those league rivals, yet as said, I just can't see Ash losing to an all Eevee team with one of those Eeveelutions being glorified over the others.
    I don't think so. Trip has been proven to be strong so I don't think he will get knocked out so early. And that goes the same for Ash. I just wish they didn't show us that so soon.
    The only thing Trip is proven to be is ''Writer's Love Child'' !
    Ya , He lose 2 Tournament But if you see what Writer planning for him then those 2 Tournament defect is nothing !
    Does writer planning anything like that for Ash in Future ?
    I bet , Writer let Trip to be defected in 1st round of Two Tournament in order get people's Sympathy .
    They probably Give Trip a back-story with Alder for similar reason .
    They were planning Junior Cup for Trip from the first first and thats why they gave Trip 2 Tournament defect in row & a backstory with Alder to make sure some fan feel petty for him and support him!
    Or,
    They might give Trip Junior Cup with flawless victory because they were planning to knock Trip early in Unova League conference So his fan doesn't Complain and say anything like ''Writer treat Trip poorly '' Or Writer mistreated Trip !
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 19th September 2012 at 02:24 PM.

Blog Entries

It's rather obvious he's not using any older pokemon. There would be a huge promotion about it if he was.

Blog Entries

That's not obvious at all. We still have a few months to go.

The Eevees will make it far simply because they're only here for promotional purposes. How the other rivals will fare is a crapshoot aside from the obvious Satoshi beating Shooty.
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

I hope Ash will win this time

Blog Entries

It's rather obvious he's not using any older pokemon. There would be a huge promotion about it if he was.
    Then what about that thing in the credits with Charizard giving a thumbs up? Well I guess he could use them for what comes after whatever that may be. Ash winning hope is going to dangerous levels. If you want to cool them down try not to be a hard ass about it.

I wish that Ash would beat Trip in the first round. The least I really want Ash beats someone AFTER he beats trip. Never heard of this Eevee guy but I don't think I like the idea of such a gimmicky team being the major winning main character here. The very of a non type based team in the anime without a bulking Pokemon or a pokemon which can float or fly at this level is so foreign and unsettling to me. FOR GOD SAKE MAN YOU CAN'T HAVE ALL THE EEVEELUTIONS SO GET SALAMENCE OR SOMETHING! You need to get around don't you?

Oh yeah about Georgia and Cabernet not showing up I totes called it.

Since they seem to have a gap after can we have more than sevem episodes maybe I mean there is plenty to work with and you can just cut the 3 on 3 battle in favor of full battles I mean the league is pretty much the only time we get full battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    Then what about that thing in the credits with Charizard giving a thumbs up? Well I guess he could use them for what comes after whatever that may be. Ash winning hope is going to dangerous levels. If you want to cool them down try not to be a hard ass about it.
    That scene is probably for whatever comes right after the league.

Ash has 10 Unova Pokemon...they all have to get at least one battle in the league. There simply would be no way for his Unova team to all get in at least one battle if they bring back older pokemon.

Blog Entries

Ash has 10 Unova Pokemon...they all have to get at least one battle in the league. There simply would be no way for his Unova team to all get in at least one battle if they bring back older pokemon.
    He has nine Unova Pokémon in addition to Pikachu, whereas in Sinnoh he had six regional members (including Gliscor). Quantity-wise, we are not dealing with a major difference at all; Ash's Unova team can each get at least one battle even if he uses some of the older reserves. The only reason that I don't see this happening is that this time around, the writers have plenty of time to bring back the reserves after the league. They probably prefer to stick to the Unova team for now to make Ash's loss more believable.
    Hidden Mew and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    He has nine Unova Pokémon in addition to Pikachu, whereas in Sinnoh he had six regional members (including Gliscor). Quantity-wise, we are not dealing with a major difference at all; Ash's Unova team can each get at least one battle even if he uses some of the older reserves. The only reason that I don't see this happening is that this time around, the writers have plenty of time to bring back the reserves after the league. They probably prefer to stick to the Unova team for now to make Ash's loss more believable.
    I don't see Ash using any older pokemon. If he brought back Charizard and it started having trouble with Trip's Serperior, it would look like really crappy writing. Let the Unova Pokemon have this league.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad to see that Bianca and Stephan made it into the league, instead of getting shafted. Perhaps that is why they were absent from the PWTJC. But poor Burgundy...

I, of course, don't expect Ash to win - and the speculation about that will finally come to end once the league is over - but it could still be fun to watch as long as there are some great battles in there. *crosses fingers*

And best of all, this will probably be the climax of the Ash/Trip rivalry, and then I will finally be able to kiss their rivalry goodbye... and good riddance! That alone will make this whole league for me.
    Last edited by Trainer Gabriel; 19th September 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Blog Entries

I'd like to think Ash will beat all his rivals, although I get the feeling we may see a Trip Vs. Bianca match, similar to Paul vs. Barry. I hope not though.

The writers are portraying Serperior as Ash's biggest threat in the league, just like Harrisson's Blaziken and Tobias' Darkrai. I can't see any of the Eeveelutions as hyped as Trip's Serperior is, so I suspect Trip will be Ash's final match in the tournament.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast