PREVIEW: Start of the league - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Start of the league

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Start of the league

The way Pikachu is drawn in that pic with it battling Serperior....the return of Tamagawa, perhaps?

Also, I have never been this unenthused for a league before. The battles in this series are utter rubbish for the most part, and I have no reason to believe these will be different.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I'm not going to keep my hopes up for this one, we all know Ash is going to lose the league in the end, so why bother getting hyped for it. I feel like Ash will finnaly win against Trip and his overgrown garden hose that is his Serperior, then he will obviously face Kotetsu and Virgil (with Bianca losing easily in an earlier round to someone else), and Ash will possibly lose to one of them (even with Virgil's lackluster all-Eevee team), and even if he survives both, you know the writers are going to pull a Tobias on us and have an overpowered character who comes out of nowhere, has no buildup to his appearance, and uses legendaries and solely exists to beat Ash, the worst part is that I feel like that character is going to be N.

Quote Originally Posted by L-05308 View Post
    Dosen't seem like Burgundy and Georgia are going to be here ;(
    It's probably because they aren't competing in the league anyways, pity, because I really like Georgia.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 19th September 2012 at 07:50 AM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Oh, I didn't realize that. I need to learn to pay attention. Then the situation is no different than it was, just not with those two involved. I would be relieved myself. Burgundy has been too much of a failure and her elimination was assured. Now that we have a proper Samurott trainer, her failure is complete, and we don't need her anymore, save for her proper rivalry with Cilan, but that is just as bad for her right now. Georgia was also not a rival of Ash directly, though I will admit, I would've found her more interesting than Eevee dude.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.
    Step into the Fairy circle

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kairyu View Post
    What ticks me off is the fact that Ash's rivals are there in the league with Emboar, Samurott and Serperior, all powerful, big badass fully evolved starters. Then we got Ash with his little plushie army of Oshawott, Snivy and (to a certain extent) Pignite.
    Isn't that the point? Ash had used unevolved pokemon during his past pokemon league competitions, and he still made it far in all of them even though almost all of his opponents had fully evolved pokemon.

Furthermore, Ash has other pokemon that he will use for the league. Unfezant, Leavanny, and Krookodile are all fully-evolved. Pignite is a powerful pokemon even though it's only in its middle stage. Boldore and Palpitoad are also decent battlers if they aren't losing to certain overpowered GLs. Pikachu is destined to win some battles of its own too.

I doubt using Oshawott, Scraggy, and Snivy will hardly give Ash a disadvantage early on in the league. Scraggy defeated numerous fully evolved pokemon during its run. Oshawott and Snivy are also capable battlers.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I don't like that Pikachu got hit by Serperior's Dragon Tail!
    Because Ash pignite got his ass kick without landing One attack on Serperior but Ash's Pikachu can beat it without getting hit despite Pikachu's been more experience.
    Rebooting Doesn't mean that all Pikachu previous other Journey didn't happen.
    Now it seem like all the Challenge Pikachu faced in the previous Journey was meaningless!
    I also be pissed if Pikachu win because Serperior got affected by Static!
    Unless, If Ash plan to let Serperior hit Pikachu So it get Paralyze by Pikachu's ability!
    Seriously , Ash use learn to use Pikachu's ability intentionally !
    He only did it during his battle with Norman !
    While In Other Battle , Pikachu did it Unintentionally !

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's possible the Serperior Vs. Pikachu image is just a quick warm-up fight before the league. Do you really think Ash Vs. Trip would be the FIRST match of the league? Haha, no.

I am not sure the way the league will play out. On one hand the Eevee trainer seems to be another one of those league rivals, yet as said, I just can't see Ash losing to an all Eevee team with one of those Eeveelutions being glorified over the others.

Add SammyW27 on Facebook
    Visit SammyW27's Youtube Channel

Who wants to bet Riolu will evolve here (in the nick of time to when a battle no less)?

Blog Entries

I bet the picture of Serperior and Pikachu even isn't for the first episode of the League. It was probably just taken from a future episode from the League, if I had to guess. I mean, the scans didn't mention a specific episode for the image, right?
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

I think Ash Vs Trip may be for the finals, with Ash Vs. Eeeveelution guy for Top 4.

It's obvious Bianca, Stephen, and Kotesu will all get knocked out first.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I think Ash Vs Trip may be for the finals, with Ash Vs. Eeeveelution guy for Top 4.

It's obvious Bianca, Stephen, and Kotesu will all get knocked out first.
    Personally, I think Ash will face Kotetsu and Trip early in the tournament, then late in the tournament, Ash will face Virgil and his all-Eevee team, but the results are unknown, we all know that Ash is most likely to lose the league again, so why bother even predicting who he's going to be facing.

My DA account

Blog Entries

The difference is an all Eevee team would have to have the writers make one of them look better than the others by beating Ash, and it seems unlikely.

And honestly Ash's current team shouldn't do poorly against all Eevee's, it seems like Ash's biggest threat in this tournament will be Serperior.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    we all know that Ash is most likely to lose the league again, so why bother even predicting who he's going to be facing.
    Because it's enjoyable? Sheesh, we've always known that Ash is never going to win a League, but that doesn't that you need to be a downer about it just because he loses. It can still be enjoyable, regardless if he wins or not.
    ''A single thread in a tapestry though its color brightly shine, can never see its purpose, in the pattern of the grand design.''

Blog Entries

Considering everything they've done in BW is so radically different than the past few arcs, (Ash getting all the starters and capturing a lot of pokemon, Iris being handled differently than all the past girls, the handling of Team Rocket in general), I wouldn't put it past Ash winning the league.

I strongly believe Ash would have won at least one of the 3 tournaments we had in Unova already then. Why did they have him lost all 3 of those minor tournaments then?
    Robo-Floatzel and jinglejoe like this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If Ash was set to lose the Unova League in first place then why Writer made him lose all other Tournament ????
    Robo-Floatzel and jinglejoe like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chiplet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    we all know that Ash is most likely to lose the league again, so why bother even predicting who he's going to be facing.
    Because it's enjoyable? Sheesh, we've always known that Ash is never going to win a League, but that doesn't that you need to be a downer about it just because he loses. It can still be enjoyable, regardless if he wins or not.
    I apologize, it's just that with the anime using the same formulas for so many years, you can predict what will happen, still, I wish to see Ash win against Trip at least once in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Considering everything they've done in BW is so radically different than the past few arcs, (Ash getting all the starters and capturing a lot of pokemon, Iris being handled differently than all the past girls, the handling of Team Rocket in general), I wouldn't put it past Ash winning the league.

I strongly believe Ash would have won at least one of the 3 tournaments we had in Unova already then. Why did they have him lost all 3 of those minor tournaments then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    If Ash was set to lose the Unova League in first place then why Writer made him lose all other Tournament ????
    Given the fact that Ash has been downplayed more than usual in this season in favor of Iris, I keep feeling like the writers don't want him to be the protagonist of the anime anymore, still, that doesn't mean there is an excuse to make Ash win at least one tournament, he's lost three in a row, and a fourth loss would just make him look like an incompetent trainer. I mean, I know he is capable of trying to win, is there a need to make him look bad by making him lose 3 times in a row, at least give him a chance.

My DA account

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast