Speculation: What do you think will happen after DA? - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculation: What do you think will happen after DA?

Default Re: Speculation: What do you think will happen after DA?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonace View Post
    I think it will end around the time of the new games release. First of all I think they want both the dub and sub episodes to be shown at around the same time, since the games are releasing at the same time. Don't you think it would be weird if the Japanese and American release of XY happened at the same time, but the anime in America still had a ways to go to catch up. I mean they did this in Advanced Generation, but still, they showed at least preview episodes. Right now they are only 93 days behind anyway. My theory is that they spread out the DA episodes to allow the English dub to catch up, since they take breaks during the summer anyway for movies and stuff like that. They may even skip a dubbing of DA in order to get in closer to the Japanese. I mean this does seem a bit unrealistic, but it is possible.
    Not that I think your theory is unrealistic, but why would they do this for just the English dub? Pokemon is dubbed in several languages and many of those are way behind the American dub. XY will be an international release, not just for Japan and America so essentially, for your idea to work, they's have to allow the entire world to catch up on the anime which is nearly impossible. Unless every country besides Japan dubs more episodes quicker and shows multiple new episodes in a row.
    you do realize that pokemon is more prominent in america and japan right i mean like you said your self some countries are way way behind

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    you do realize that pokemon is more prominent in america and japan right i mean like you said your self some countries are way way behind
    I don't know what you mean by more prominent, but it still makes no sence that Japan would create a series just to get one dub on par with Japan out of the entire world which consists of 100's of dubs. It would be totally unfair to every other country in the world especially when XY is an international release and would make it seem like Japan favors one country over all of the others in my opinion.

The mere fact that several other countries are way behind Japan is why this idea shouldn't even be implemented.
    Last edited by Sakuraa; 30th April 2013 at 05:51 AM.

Apparently there's only going to be like 5-6 episodes in Kanto after this arc ends. Hoping for a 3-4 part TR conclusion and then we call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Apparently there's only going to be like 5-6 episodes in Kanto after this arc ends. Hoping for a 3-4 part TR conclusion and then we call it a day.
    Looker had the chance to arrest the TRio and grab information about the Team Rocket, but after he didn't even care about them, I don't believe they're gonna wrap up TR history, at least right after Da!

Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

@The Fighting Misty; sorry but where did you hear about the 5-6 episode about the Kanto episodes, also, I highly doubt that TR is going anywhere. Just my cynisim on that little subject, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    @The Fighting Misty; sorry but where did you hear about the 5-6 episode about the Kanto episodes
    That's the week gap between Da! foreshadowed episodes (15 episodes IIRC) and X/Y international release. We don't know whether these episodes are gonna be held in Kanto or in Decolora Islands or if it means an earlier start for X/Y saga.

Follow the signs of the Crimson Thunder
    We will stay by your side
    Let our voices be there to guide you

Dunno why people are so convinced Team Rocket are leaving (or maybe it's just one person). The fact that they went all boring and terrible in the first two seasons of Best Wishes proves to me that they want TRio to stick around forever and they're willing to change them in order to keep them. They're as important as Ash IMO.

As long as the english dub ends around the international release date of X and Y (But I don't know about European dubs,) Ash will go back to Kanto by BW134 or something. It will end in Late July/Early August. Seriously, 130+ Episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    Dunno why people are so convinced Team Rocket are leaving (or maybe it's just one person). The fact that they went all boring and terrible in the first two seasons of Best Wishes proves to me that they want TRio to stick around forever and they're willing to change them in order to keep them. They're as important as Ash IMO.
    Ever hear of a last hurrah? We didn't know Brock was leaving till literally the second to last episode of DP either, the writers had no foreshadowing of Brock's departure at all prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotetsu View Post
    As long as the english dub ends around the international release date of X and Y (But I don't know about European dubs,)
    Sorry, but that's not how it works. It still takes a while for an episode to reach other countries, no matter what kind of short cuts are taken or corners cut. Just because the games are being released internationally this time doesn't mean episodes will be ready to air in different languages by then.

Seriously, 130+ Episodes?
    Even with BW being a year shorter than AG & DP, it should still be, oh--over 140 episodes.

One might could argue that they could try not airing new episodes for a month or two, but that SOOOO ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    Ever hear of a last hurrah? We didn't know Brock was leaving till literally the second to last episode of DP either, the writers had no foreshadowing of Brock's departure at all prior.
    That don't mean much considering that they treated Operation Tempest like their last hurrah...

And Pokémon needs the TRio more than it needed Brock when he left. A lot more. While they were gone, the show sucked like a Hoover. And I don't think it's entirely coincidence that it started to get better after they came back.
    Last edited by Karamazov; 30th April 2013 at 02:26 PM.

Possibly a few Pallet town episodes and maybe a Team Rocket finale before they get written off the show. No older characters like Misty will appear though

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

While I'll agree that it's possible that Team Rocket could be written out, I still seriously doubt that there's some last hurrah in Kanto, especially when they treated Operation Tempest as their final mission and that still didn't make them leave. Plus, if they are going to stick more to their comical personalities, which I'd prefer over boring Team Rocket, then that would give more of the impression that they're keeping them around rather than writing them out.

Blog Entries

You know, this is really uncanny. We've been debating whether or not TR will be ousted ever since BW began. Besides Ash, that's the most we've ever debated someone leaving the cast. For the female companions, we just took it for granted. Then again, I do not recall what, if any, debate there was for May. Unfortunately, I do not have the evidence at all if Brock was popular before they canned him. Pretty much everyone on the Internet wanted him gone long ago, but I can't say if the regular audience cared. They evidently found reason to finally can him regardless, and even though his replacement was sort of an improvement, it still wasn't that impressive. If they do keep him, it will be way too exasperating. I will not deny TR's fate is still uncertain, but if what happened is any indication, they have heard the fandom's wishes, and TR is now restored. To me, this indicates TR is still strong, and they will perhaps remain strong. It could also be a way to bring things full circle. Only time will tell. I still think they would have to desperately want to end TR for there to be an arc destroying the entire organization once and for all. There is no indication that this would be good for them at all.
    Step into the Fairy circle

I agree with you because TR is running on borrowed time

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by fidjnr View Post
    I agree with you because TR is running on borrowed time
    Why do you think that Team Rocket is running on borrowed time? They still seem like pretty popular characters, even with being so different for most of BW, they had a live show and are still used to promote the newest movie. Nothing about that makes me think that they're on borrowed time.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast