Speculation: How do You think they'll handle N's backstory?

Thread: Speculation: How do You think they'll handle N's backstory?

Default Speculation: How do You think they'll handle N's backstory?

Now that our boy Natural's joined the party, I'm quite curious how they'll handle his backstory and I don't think I'm alone.

While any other anime would have no problem what so ever with N's backstory, Pokemon's creative staff is the most timid in the Anime industry, skirtting around & avoiding things other anime shows tackle without a second thought. Pokemon is the kiddiest anime ever(?) and I'm not sure how they'll feel about a backstory/scenes involving orphans and child/pokemon abuse (and some brainwashing) as plot points.

But since it's so important to N's character, ya have to wonder if they'd go there for the sake of the story (for once). We know they CAN have dramatic/dark moments, like in several movies and episodes involving guest villains *coughHunterJcough*. And it has come to my attention they have new staff writer how wrote for Ruroni Kenshin and several Gundam shows, among other things. And we all know how things could go there!

How do you think they'll handle N's backstory? Completely different ? Slightly altered? Not even used and he'll just some emo bishoujo or a teen version of Ash?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't help but wonder how the most dramatic & deepest backstory thus far in Pokemon will be handled by a creative staff largely allergic to actual drama & depth...

PS: No, I haven't read spoilers for BW110 yet and are avoiding them as long as I can
    Last edited by SammyW27; 25th January 2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse: 10/23/2014

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Speculation: How do You think they'll handle N's backstory?

I really hope that they do pull it off, because the show can sometimes show that It can pull off stories like that, IMHO. I'll try to be positive but I think that they can pull it off.

Ganbare Lizardon!! Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I could see them giving him a very similar backstory to the one he had in the games, especially since Ghetsis is going to be in the anime, too. But I think the difference will be that what happened in BW was in the past in that N was formerly the king of Team Plasma and now that he's seen the error of their ways, he wants to concentrate on using his efforts to help Pokemon in the way that he always wanted to without the Plasma affiliation, so he keeps close tabs on what Plasma is doing and helps the Pokemon they are hurting (Colress' experiments, etc)

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

NOPE

INSTEAD N'S BACKSTORY WILL BE ABOUT HOW GHETSIS THE OVERLY EVIL HAPPY MAN ADOPTED N AND USED ALLOWED HIM TO GET MILLIONS OF CANDY FOR THE POKEMON SO ALL THE POKEMON WILL BE HAPPY

Blog Entries

I think they'll briefly mention that N was abused by G-Cis, but not delve into the matter.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I'm more worried how they handle Ghetsis. How his father treated him and his family played a large part in how N became who he is today. If we get a lot of interaction between then, or at least clarification of their history together, I think they can do N's backstory justice.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    I'm more worried how they handle Ghetsis.
    That doesn't sound like too much of a problem to me. The show HAS had some rotten a-holes before and they could do it again for Ghetsis. Heck, all they have to do is write him like they did Kodai (filled with glorious, glorious douchebaggery) in Movie 13 and they'll be pretty close to the mark
    Last edited by SammyW27; 22nd February 2013 at 12:16 AM.

Backstory will probably be along the lines of "I'll never work for you, Ghetsis! You hurt my friends, the Pokemon." The writers shudder at the thought of introducing anything which remotely resembles nuanced characterization.

I wonder what happened to the 'rampaging Pokemon- object stuck somewhere it should not be- removal by a character who understands Pokemon' trope. That was tailor-made for N. Everyone knows that the Pokeworld is full of objects just waiting to get stuck.

Blog Entries

Possibly have some sort of Anime equivalent of BW, with the resurrection of Reshiram being the catalyst moment between him and Ghetsis. I personally hope his ability to speak with Pokemon is used as an Epiphany moment between the two, with Reshiram's awesome might and beauty making him realize how wrong Plasma is in the end, making him rebel against them.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well after seeing how they did the unova leuage, this can either become a really good or really bad event. i do hope they talk about his child hood, about Zoura, his sisters with the wacky hair, Ghestis, and the shadow triad and how team plasma came to be with N as the King since those are all key points that involve team plasma and how N got to this point today. I just hope they dont goof this up

With an episode about N's past apparently coming up, I'm bumping!
    Last edited by SammyW27; 22nd February 2013 at 09:48 AM.

One last bump to guess before BW118 answers the question (then you may close when ready, Admins)