Speculation about Team Rocket and Kanto - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speculation about Team Rocket and Kanto

Default Re: Speculation about Team Rocket and Kanto

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    While that is a nice theory, there isn't much reason to send Ash back to Kanto (except the final episode with him going home) since the current games don't feature Kanto at all.
    Unova has been almost entirely covered. There isn't much to do with it after the league.

Mewtwo and Mew don't really have any connections as of now. The Mastermind of the Mirage Pokemon was quite unexpected around the end of AG, but you could capture Mew in Emerald and Mewtwo in FRLG so it could be argued as a promotion.
    That special promoted the tenth anniversary of the franchise, rather than any games. Mewtwo Returns was unrelated to the Generation II games, as well.

The anime doesn't always act on its own, but it reflects the games a lot.
    The question is how they can promote the games until September 2013. They don't have an abudance of material to work with, especially as they've already used the most important parts of East Unova.

Just because TR went to Kanto doesn't mean Ash has to. TR could very well come back sometime later to get on with their usual Pikachu hunting.
    That would defeat the purpose of their leaving Unova in the first place. Why wouldn't they just lay low in the region until after the league?

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

@Silktree; Exactly what happens in September 2013? Well, there's the Genesect movie next year for starters - and who knows, they could announce RSE decided to be remade in the summer, giving a chance for Ash to revist Hoenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    @Silktree; Exactly what happens in September 2013? Well, there's the Genesect movie next year for starters - and who knows, they could announce RSE remakes in the summer, giving a chance for Ash to revist Hoenn.
    It is when most fans expect to see Generation VI released. Few people expect to see this generation last four years anymore. The best indication of this is the fact that Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect have all just recently been released, as opposed to being distributed in different years.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Perhaps because Team Rocket never have and never will be the reason why anyone goes anywhere? We don't even know if Team Rocket will ever appear again, let alone an arc dedicated to them forming the basis of Ash travelling around Kanto for the third time.
    I agree. I wish people would wait for more info before deciding JJM and Ash's fate when they are not out of Unova yet. Let them breathe before taking a gulp first.

We have till January-September 2013 for the writers to do a next arc.

Since there are no other quests from the games to cover, no new Battle Frontier, not even any new Gym leaders....the only thing they CAN do is turn the World Tournament into a Champion-league like events. Meaning Ash travels to about 3 different world tournaments, wins them, then goes on to an Elite 4 challenge.

TR will be there in Kanto but the same way they were in BW, This will lead to the true finale of Giovanni/TR....and most likely wind up with TR leaving the show. And if we're *really* lucky they can send Ash off too after he wins the Champion league. Then Gen 6 can be a REAL reboot.

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Going back to Kanto after Unova league isn't completely outside of possibilities. Since this is Ash hometown region we are talking about it is common sense to expect how it will receive special treatment over other regions he traveled through, and its ideal place to set story of world tournament(assuming writers decide to do whole adaptation from games).

It would be interesting if Ash showed Iris and Cilan place from where he originated from, and if rivalry with Trip for some reason carries over past league it could open window for his further growth changing his negative perception of people from Kanto after he gets to know better this regions and its customs.

Main reason pointing toward return to Kanto is of course fact that Giovanni and TR returned there with whole organization not being defeated. Therefore when taken in account how end of their mission with Meloetta and Kami trio left things open with Jessie, James and Meowth not really leaving in way which you could call someone conclusion and Giovanni wasn't defeated serves as pretty good indication how true climax of TR organization might really happen in region from where they originated from;Kanto.
    Which would make sense since its region where roots of strongest crime organization in poke world lye, where whole issue with Mewtwo started and from where Jessie and James role in TR started.

I also think revival of Mewtwo story, while injecting Genesect in whole thing would create potential to make strong and interesting story out of it. Since both pokemon has similar history being product of bizarre modifications TR and Team Plasma conveyed on pokemon to make powerful weapons for their selfish plans.

Ever since he met Mewtwo Giovanni wanted to get his hands on him, and since JJM trio didn't had their memory wiped could lead top revival of Giovanni old plans. On other hand appearance of Genesect could be gateway through which Team Plasma could make its overdue debit in anime leading to conflict between two evil organizations.

In other news:
    If Ash and co go to Kanto i could see writers doing continuation with Junior Cup serving only as prequel to stronger and more challenging tournaments. After all logical continuation would be Senior Cup, Champion Cup and various mini competitions he would need to pass to earn right compete in world tournament in true sense of that word, actually including trainers from whole world. They could even take step forward and introduce tournaments for one type of pokemon where they could be utilized to full potential, creating whole new angle to this show.

Alternate quests are always possible but as far as advertizing goes, it should be obvious by now how world tournament from BW2 games is only thing Nintendo provided writers with until new games come out.

If we go with presumption how writers will do expansion on whole world tournament concept, than i also think some of older characters like Misty or Brock has very good chance to come back . Both are in BW2 games, so its not impossible that writers use both for marketing purposes thanks to iconic status and popularity.

Misty as gym leader qualifies is perfect candidate for world tournament and since her goal was to become water master, going on journey to enter tournaments and advance as trainer would both help to move her story and contribute to current plot.

Same applies to Brock coming from Ash hometown region, making his return only easier to give us update on his life and how is doctor career going on.
    It would be also refreshing to see familiar faces after so long too, setting up ground for interesting interactions and receive of some update.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    And if we're *really* lucky they can send Ash off too after he wins the Champion league. Then Gen 6 can be a REAL reboot.
    If that happens im quitting. Anime should end with Ash journey, without new reboots getting made afterwards. Huge portion of its appeal comes from long existence being treated as continuity based entity following story which gradually go forward, instead of chopping it in several alternate versions tarnishing brend it build over the years.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Just to be clear, any discussion on Ash leaving and being replaced by another character should be taken to this thread: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/do-you-think-ash-satoshi-should-replaced-114130/ The possibilities of a reboot and how people feel about that isn't really connected to the topic of this thread, so please keep that discussion to a more appropriate thread and remain on-topic here. Thank you.

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hmm this is very interesting, although I don't want to read to much into this TR situation. I think it's more likely that they're sending them back to Kanto as a write off or a temporary TR hiatus. That is where they began and where their base is located so it could either be seen as them coming full circle or them simply returning back to base to train and rethink their next move. On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Ash did leave Unova right away after the league and return home briefly like he usually does. Maybe a small ark around a new look/feel Kanto could be on the cards. It would bring in a lot of old viewers and boost ratings. A chance to bring back the original Pokemon and cameo from the Kanto Gym leaders and Ash's many Kanto based friends. I'd love to see that happen, but I'm not betting on it. I'd also be curious where such plans would leave Iris and Cilan. Personally I can see Iris being written off and Cilan sticking around. That's usually the way it goes and come gen 6, Iris's character and Pokemon will be insignificant.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

It would be interesting if Ash revisited Kanto along with Brock and possibly Dawn who is Kanto to compete in Pokemon Competitions. Ash could redo all the gyms and the series could possibly be similar to the original one. It's a good opportunity for newer viewers to witness Ash's voyages and adventures through the Kanto reigon. Ash could meet up with Team Rocket who left Unova in the previous season. Just ideas.
    Down Here!

If Team Rocket appears again, I hope it's when Ash returns to Pallet Town. Normally I wouldn't be a fan of them crashing Ash's visit to his hometown, but it just seems like the perfect place to reintroduce them. As for whether or not they'll act like their normal, funny selves depends on their mission; if Giovanni orders them to do more Unova-esque stuff, I guess we'll be seeing more of the Team Rocket trio's serious side.

If the show was moved back to Kanto, my choice of location for Team Rocket being re-introduced would be Viridian City, preferably the Pokemon Center. It'd be a nice parallel to their first appearance, and even if some parts of their motto mimicked their first one (even though it would still most likely be their current one, although I wouldn't mind seeing at least their old music returning).

I dont even know anymore.
    Tumblr

I'm just putting this out here: Looker's VA has confirmed that he will reprise his role early next year. Now, as you can see in that thread, a lot of people seem to think that this confirms that the Meteorite two-parter will air and Team Plasma will have a continued role on the show. But that's just flawed logic. Considering that Looker was introduced in the DP series like Cynthia and doesn't even appear in the B2W2 games, he could easily investigate Team Rocket's activities rather than Team Plasma's. Perhaps Cynthia has informed him that Team Rocket are still at large in Kanto, or he went there in the first place after the Meteorite plot.

I just don't see why the writers would suddenly replace Team Rocket with Team Plasma in the last 8 months of Best Wishes, especially after Operation Tempest ended with a LiveCaster that promised Team Rocket's return. While Looker's appearance doesn't confirm anything about Team Rocket, either, I find it much more likely that they're his objective. They're the villains that have been developed throughout the show and in Best Wishes in particular.

As much as it is possible for them to return to Kanto, I don't see any benefits from it and that I prefer that they go to a made up region like they did to kill time for Gold and Silver Release back at 1999/2000. I also appreciate that only TRio will be at that region only to gather info like they did back at Shinnoh. And as for Genesect, I expect that his origins to be a mystery to confirm that any mention of Team Plasma is now banned from the plot due to the Seismic disaster of last year.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

I'm sure if Ash returns to Kanto it'll be unrecognizable except for Pallet Town. The Battle Frontier arc didn't give a damn about Kanto nostalgia and I doubt an arc set there now over 15 years later would care either.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    I'm sure if Ash returns to Kanto it'll be unrecognizable except for Pallet Town. The Battle Frontier arc didn't give a damn about Kanto nostalgia and I doubt an arc set there now over 15 years later would care either.
    Not only that but, most likly Kanto would probably have much more anime only towns in the best wishes era.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast