ATTENTION: Some new, immediate rule changes regarding negative posts - Updated 28th July

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Some new, immediate rule changes regarding negative posts - Updated 28th July

Blog Entries

Default Some new, immediate rule changes regarding negative posts - Updated 28th July

Hi,

We Pokemon Anime mods have recently been discussing the content of the Preview and Review threads and how many of the posts made there exist solely to bash a particular character. Some users get hung up on bad-mouthing certain characters at every opportunity possible, and this uncalled-for negativity can often turn people away from these threads.

To solve this issue and make the Pokemon Anime section a much more inviting place to be, there will be tighter restrictions on the posts made in these Preview and Review threads. We will be directing certain conversations to the Pokemon League forum more than we have in the past and will start being tougher on those who resort to flaming and baiting.

For negative posts that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread - and no, the mere mention of a character’s name is not a free pass to rant - users will receive either a Pointless Post infraction or a Flaming and Baiting infraction. Abuse and Harassment infractions will be given to repeat offenders who continue to go out of their way to criticise a character at any given opportunity. What counts as a negative and off-topic post is, of course, up to us mods to decide.

Additionally, those who flame or bait others repeatedly for their negative views on characters are going to start receiving thread bans. The Pokemon Anime forum is not a fanclub and we do not need hate being spewed from those who falsely wave the anti-hate banner. Users will receive a Flaming and Baiting warning/infraction (as appropriate) the first time they violate this rule and a thread ban for the second. Those currently banned in one thread who go on to violate the rule in a different thread will get another infraction and an instant thread ban there as well. Any repeat offenses beyond that will be rewarded with Abuse and Harassment infractions.

Those who continue to rack up Abuse and Harassment infractions in either scenario will receive a ban from the Pokemon Anime forum as a whole. An instant forum ban will also be given to anyone who claims or insinuates users are racist for their opinions or to those who say they hate a character based on the colour of their skin.

If you have any questions about any of these policies, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation,

- The Pokémon Anime staff.
    Last edited by Iteru; 28th July 2012 at 05:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Some new rule changes regarding negative posts.

I agree with these rules. I hope other members can realize about how bad insulting character is XD

Blog Entries

Default Re: Some new rule changes regarding negative posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    I agree with these rules. I hope other members can realize about how bad insulting character is XD
    I said questions could be posted. This is the exact some of judgement about users we want gone.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Some new, immediate rule changes regarding negative posts.

To elaborate: People are free to have whatever opinions they like on a character. We just don't want threads other than debate threads to be derailed regarding discussion about them, and we certainly do not approve of judgments being made about a member just because they have an opinion about a character.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Some new, immediate rule changes regarding negative posts.

The Anime staff have decided to make a new addition.

Going into a preview thread and complaining that the episode is a filler will result in an instant Pointless Post infraction, and on the same note, going into a review thread and rating the episode as bad or unwatchable because its a filler will get the same violation.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/filler-episodes-they-important-112521/
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/what-constitutes-filler-127504/

These threads can be used for filler discussion.
    Last edited by Iteru; 28th July 2012 at 05:57 AM.

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Some new, immediate rule changes regarding negative posts - Updated 28th July

Can we still report posts, or do we need to wait and see if the new ruling applies to it first?
    Last edited by Musashi; 29th July 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Some new, immediate rule changes regarding negative posts - Updated 28th July

Feel free to still report posts.
    Bandit Keith likes this.

You know, I don't want to be the bad guy who ruins the show but I decided to post this because I'm starting to get more and more concerned.

Have you realized that the review threads, especially the ones for the US episodes are getting shorter and shorter? I think this is because with the introduction of more and more rules that get tougher and tougher, people will automatically get more and more afraid of posting something wrong.
    I respect the rules, no doubt about it, but I've also got to say that if making a negative statement about a character or merely calling an episode a filler (a totally legitimate judgement if the thread is supposed to be unbiased) can result in a ban or infraction points, then more and more users will surely get afraid of posting ANYthing just to prevent punishment.
    Sure, flaming and baiting is not acceptable, but I'm not sure if more and more rules will be the appropriate answer. Our review threads which used to be full of life and hot-heated discussions are dying.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Preview/review threads aren't the place for heated discussions or debates. That's kind of why we have a debate section in the first place. Offhanded comments are infractable because they're off-topic and too controversial for civil discussion. There is no reason to have controversy in places there absolutely unnecessary. Again, we don't plan on censoring anyone, as long as you guys take the discussion to their proper threads.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Ay yi yi, this certainly might weaken my postings here, but I respect the rules, but I don't want to be infected :(
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Blog Entries

This thread is for questions, not comments.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Cynthia View Post
    Have you realized that the review threads, especially the ones for the US episodes are getting shorter and shorter? I think this is because with the introduction of more and more rules that get tougher and tougher, people will automatically get more and more afraid of posting something wrong.
    People already don't like posting because they don't want to see the same criticism in every preview/review thread nor do they want to be flamed by people who can't just ignore opinions.
    Regarding the dub review threads they've always had low activity. Our forum is highly centered on the raw airings of the show.

I respect the rules, no doubt about it, but I've also got to say that if making a negative statement about a character or merely calling an episode a filler (a totally legitimate judgement if the thread is supposed to be unbiased) can result in a ban or infraction points, then more and more users will surely get afraid of posting ANYthing just to prevent punishment.
    This is where you've misunderstood the rules. You can post a negative opinions on a character, but its got to be in terms of the episodes. "Satoshi is a terrible character and he should leave" has nothing to do with the episode in a preview thread and is a violation. "I'm dissapointed that Satoshi didn't decide to go with X for the match in this episode as Y seems like a much better choice. Why isn't Satoshi thinking on this one?" is perfectly okay because you're discussing the episode, and not something that has a thread on it in PL already.

Regarding fillers, you've misunderstood again. Going into a preview thread and going "This episode is a filler, not watching" or "I'm tired of these fillers" isn't discussing the episode and if we know someone doesn't like fillers they don't need to say it every time there is one. Again, there are threads like this in PL already, so we're not stopping you saying these things, we're saying where you can post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    Ay yi yi, this certainly might weaken my postings here, but I respect the rules, but I don't want to be infected :(
    Look at the above. Either your discussion is appreciated and welcomed in PL or your posts are F&B and not allowed anyway.
    HumanDawn and martianmister like this.

追放されたバカ

Is it an instant warning, or will we maybe get an unofficial warning via a normal PM first? I'm a bit hesitant about posting my review now of the Clubsplosion, as it's a bit critical of Cilan, could I maybe PM it to someone else first, one of you lawmakers, and see if you deem it acceptable or not?

Alternatively, instead of punishing, couldn't you just cut out bits if we accidentally go over the mark? I wouldn't break the rules on purpose, but I do sometimes receive warnings for posts I had no idea would be deemed unacceptable.

Blog Entries

No unofficial warnings unless its something that isn't covered by our rules but we still think is an issue (and then we'd likely revise said rules after unofficially talking to the user). You can certainly ask an Anime mod if your post would be okay.

If the forum worked where we could just edit things out before reactions we would, but sadly it doesn't work like that and there are users who will criticise characters intentionally to wind up others and get to someone. On the other hand there are also users who won't give you the benefit of the doubt and resort to Flaming and Baiting over their favourite characters.

Ideally we wouldn't have these rules and opinions wouldn't be an issue.

Better yet, why not make a thread made specifically for people to bash the characters (Sorry if there already is a thread like this)? I'm not one to bash, but it would probably help keep the hate out of the actual preview/review threads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast