So... Who thinks the new 'Team Rocket' dubs are going to be edited?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So... Who thinks the new 'Team Rocket' dubs are going to be edited?

Follow vulpix On Twitter Add vulpix on Google+
    Follow vulpix on Tumblr

Default So... Who thinks the new 'Team Rocket' dubs are going to be edited?

I'm talking about BW097 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia specifically.

This is a pretty intense episode and I will be surprised if there are not some differences.
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: So... Who thinks the new 'Team Rocket' dubs are going to be edited?

This is TPCi not 4kids they pretty much leave the anime mostly uncut.
    SammyW27 likes this.

Blog Entries

TPci left a lot of things in especially in the DP series. TR is pretty tame

Follow vulpix on Tumblr

Yea, but the satanic symbols are pretty intense for an easily offended american audience.
    Idk, mange.
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

Blog Entries

And yet evil possessed Pikachu still flies. Seriously, I don't even know what the issue is.
    Step into the Fairy circle

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    Yea, but the satanic symbols are pretty intense for an easily offended american audience.
    Idk, mange.
    That pretty circle on Giovanni's head is Satanic?

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If they keep Elesa's Infamous outfit, then i doubt they will edit any of the Rocket stuff

Follow vulpix on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    And yet evil possessed Pikachu still flies. Seriously, I don't even know what the issue is.
    "Political correctness" this is America when people here aren't offending they are being offended.

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    "Political correctness" this is America when people here aren't offending they are being offended.
    This isn't Yu-Gi-Oh! which had some legitimate occult symbols used (the main character of the original series did use an occult-themed Deck for a long time), which needed to be edited out to suit American sensibilities. I doubt there'll be any changes.

Blog Entries

Eight pointed star...unless you're going to pull the general magic associated argument on this, I see no problem. If that is the case, then pokemon shouldn't air at all. I've seen far worse than this ep air on TV, this will affect nothing.

EDIT: I really should pay attention to what I upload. Ok, so it's a square there, but the sigil on the platform itself was an eight pointed star
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 435.jpg  
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

If this episodes has a problem is because "Operacion Tempest" and Tornadus using hurricane. Remember that earlier this week various zones of the east of US are hit by the hurricane Sandy. And the dub producers want to avoid using his term now. Although apparently is less severe than "The 11th March earthquake" in Japan could be a serious issue for the US.

If it's really banned or edited because the religious referenes of this episode I'm very surprised. Because this show is specially made for kids to be suitable for all kids in at least the plaes where Pokemon is shown.

And TPCi isn't going to make edits if isn't necessary. And if they edit the episode heavily, is really the original producers that edit the episode.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Eh, I doubt they'll edit anything out. I don't think the imagery in this episode is as bad as it's being made out to be, and I doubt the target audience would think anything of it besides what happens on the surface.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    If this episodes has a problem is because "Operacion Tempest" and Tornadus using hurricane. Remember that earlier this week various zones of the east of US are hit by the hurricane Sandy. And the dub producers want to avoid using his term now. Although apparently is less severe than "The 11th March earthquake" in Japan could be a serious issue for the US.
    These episodes wont even air until next year. I don't think it will be an issue then.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

I think you'll find that 4Kids hasn't dubbed since BF.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    These episodes wont even air until next year. I don't think it will be an issue then.
    While I can't see Sandy's effects actually causing the episodes to be skipped here, due to a lack of any really disturbing/triggering imagery in the episode, I don't think it can be fairly said that by January (when the episodes should air), Hurricane Sandy won't be an issue, considering the extensive damage caused to communities in the East Coast, especially New Jersey and parts of New York.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast