So is Seger-Hakase pretty much done at this point?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So is Seger-Hakase pretty much done at this point?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Default So is Seger-Hakase pretty much done at this point?

He hasn't appeared on the show since that Kami Trio two-parter back in October. And he was never really that popular, making me think that the writers decided to just drop him.

So what do you think? Will we see Seger-Hakase again? Do we need to? And what did you think of the character overall?
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on November 17th, 2014

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: So is Seger-Hakase pretty much done at this point?

There isn't exactly a need for him anymore, but he could show up and cameo in the last few episodes of Episode N.

heavy metal queen Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Meh, good riddance, Seger.

I never found him to be all that interesting, nor all that important. At the beginning of the series, Musashi and Kojiro took orders directly from Sakaki, why not have just kept that? He never really developed much personality or even plot besides "okay guys this is what you do now go do the thing".

Seger seemed to be Rocket Dan's less charismatic version of Achroma.
    I hear them coming for me, because the top is lonely

You could be king, but watch the queen conquer

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Was there ever really a need for him in the first place?

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

It was the conclusion of all that TR-TP 2parter mess up. Never took him seriously, he wasn't an important character.
    Pretty much like Dr. Bamba (It's NAMBA!)

Maybe he will be seen again in some future TR chronicles, but as long as TR is back to its "post-League BW" or "pre-BW" self, he won't appear.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

Blog Entries

If Team Rocket were actually successful at any point in BW his character would have a justification as TR assigning JJM someone who would directly help them on their missions to best use TR technology, because of how important their missions in Unova are and how valued they are as members of TR. Zager would then at the very least represent a factor in their new found successes, and therefore have somewhat of a point in easing their transition to BW TR.

As it turned out though, he's just Namba without the personality quirks - because his presence didn't have a resulting improvement in how the missions went, he just needless extra planning, the mecha has appeared out of nowhere previously and since, and it's hard to balance Meowth's role when there's a semi-fourth member.

Again of course it would help things greatly if there was a well established goal and overall plot for TR's role in the show, then characters like this could have more of an active role. If he was shown to be planning things externally to JJM's actions, in such a way that it wasn't obvious what connection he had to what actions they were taking on screen he might have been interesting. But instead he just always appeared with them because he wasn't a strong enough character to even justify a scene on his own.

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

Forgot to state...

SCREW SEGER, WE HAVE LOOKER!

Seriously, I guess Looker will took parts of his role in Episode N (and I hope it will be much better when it plays out...)
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

There is no indication that Dr Zager is gone from the series. Just because he is absent from episode N doesn't mean he is finished. Also what makes you think he is unpopular? Just because a lot of people on this forum are fans of DP TRio and don't like him doesn't mean he is unpopular in general.

I personally think Zager is a great character and definitely think we need him. He is the TRio's scientist which is something all great TR agents have. Them having their own scientist is something that makes them even more serious and bad ass. Also I am sure we will see him again. Since the Dekorora islands are near Kanto there is a big chance TR will return to be the main villains like they were before episode N. If that's the case we can definitely expect Zager in some 2 parters, especially if they do a big finish at the end of BW with Giovanni.

Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Also what makes you think he is unpopular?
    Because very few people seem to actually like him, even among those who prefer the BW Rocket trio.

Blog Entries

シーガー·博士は、私は本当に当然の榊は別に好きだとかなりのみBWロケッ ト団のキャラクターだった。武蔵/小次郎/ニャースは、しかし死んでロボットに近い。

Seger was pretty much the only BW Rocket-dan character that I really liked aside from Sakaki of course. The trio however, are completely lifeless.

My name is Misaaki. アテは、岩根雅明の#1ファン、Please

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Because very few people seem to actually like him, even among those who prefer the BW Rocket trio.
    Really? Because the only people I have seen who hate Zager are people on this forum who are all die hard fans of DP TRio.

Blog Entries

^ yeah and most BW fans like him and treat him like if he;s the best thing ever. No offense.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

I'm a big BW fan, and while I can understand him having fans, I'm not one of them. I never grew attached to him as a character because his main purpose was to move the story along, and there wasn't a lot of focus on him as a character.

I can understand his purpose; Team Rocket needed a smart scientist for many situations (like giving exposition on the Litwick), and a lot of the missions really seemed like they were headed by a researcher or scientist. Seger was just so transparent that the role could have been filled by any past TR scientist and nothing would be lost.

I don't think the writers dropped him because he was unpopular. I think he just hasn't appeared because they really don't have anything for him to do anymore. Right now, the TRio are handling thing just fine without him. It's not his mission right now, so he's not playing a role in it. he's just not relevant at the moment.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi. View Post
    ^ yeah and most BW fans like him and treat him like if he;s the best thing ever. No offense.
    I like Zager so I am defending him if someone bashes him without any good arguments. You are making it sound like me and other fans of BW TRio are fanboying over him for no reason, which isn't the case.

Also why do you post that you like Zager and then in the next post say something which seems to indicate that you don't like him? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary View Post
    I'm a big BW fan, and while I can understand him having fans, I'm not one of them. I never grew attached to him as a character because his main purpose was to move the story along, and there wasn't a lot of focus on him as a character.

I can understand his purpose; Team Rocket needed a smart scientist for many situations (like giving exposition on the Litwick), and a lot of the missions really seemed like they were headed by a researcher or scientist. Seger was just so transparent that the role could have been filled by any past TR scientist and nothing would be lost.

I don't think the writers dropped him because he was unpopular. I think he just hasn't appeared because they really don't have anything for him to do anymore. Right now, the TRio are handling thing just fine without him. It's not his mission right now, so he's not playing a role in it. he's just not relevant at the moment.
    ^ I agree. but to me, considering how the TRio has changed drastically, I thought Seger added some balance personality wise. He was very charismatic, something the TRio used to be. Though Seger and Flints roles could be filled by anyone, Seger at least maintained something. Now Flint... don't care what they do to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi. View Post
    I like Zager so I am defending him if someone bashes him without any good arguments. You are making it sound like me and other fans of BW TRio are fanboying over him for no reason, which isn't the case.

Also why do you post that you like Zager and then in the next post say something which seems to indicate that you don't like him? It doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Of course, you have every right to defend your favorite character. But then others have every right not to like him or her. I do like Seger, but a small fraction of his fans annoy me. That's what I am trying to say.

So no I wasn't talking about you at all.
    Last edited by みさあき; 20th March 2013 at 12:30 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast