So I guess Georgia and Burgundy are all forgotten. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: So I guess Georgia and Burgundy are all forgotten.

Blog Entries

Default Re: So I guess Georgia and Burgundy are all forgotten.

In all honesty their farewells weren't all that bad it wasn't good and there were no signs that it was their last appearances but it was still better done then Bianca's or Cameron's goodbyes. I mean Bianca had no heartfelt farewell and neither did Cameron in fact last I recall they just rushed away in a instant without even talking personally with their "rival" Ash.

Blog Entries

Not only did the rivalries of Georgia/Iris and Burgundy/Cilan go pretty much nowhere, but their character developments also stagnated. They were both pissed at Ash's friends for rather petty reasons, and neither made a real attempt to overcome that pettiness, nor did they realize that their rivalries were based on really stupid motives. I'm not sure what TPTB thought they were doing with them.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Such a shame because I really liked Burgundy. Her interactions with Cilan were hilarious, and she was pretty much crazy and I loved it. I really wish she had gotten closure instead of being pretty much abandoned, but I kind of realized a long time ago that the BW era has a knack for ignoring things that could potentially be great. I didn't like Georgia much if I'm being honest, but even she deserved some closure. I feel really bad for the BW rivals in general. They had so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    They don't appear to show in the remaining BW ep with iris and dento and I really doubt they would be heading off to johto.

Sayonara worst rivals ever.
    They aren't the only ones have been forgotten. All of Ash's rivals were too and they were supposed to be more important.

Blog Entries

I'm guessing the writers used the "fuck it adjustment". They didn't really dooo anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

As much as I dislike Best Wishes the only bad rivals IMO were Kenyan and Kotetsu.
    Langley and Cabernet were fun to watch. It's just they didn't get a proper conclusion... or a conclusion at all... okay, so it's kinda bad.
    For Cabernet I suppose it fits. She's a clown. For Langley though... Oh well, it's too late.

I didn't mind that Bel just goofed around. But I'm biased against game character so...
    martianmister likes this.

Blog Entries

I don't think they were bad rivals at all. I didn't care for Burgundy, but I really enjoyed Georgia's character. The problem is that Best Wishes had too many side characters, so the writers couldn't develop any of them in the end, not even the main cast. You want to talk about bad rivals? How about that awful Kenny from Diamond and Pearl or even Trip and Cameron from Best Wishes? Also, I don't see how Stephan was a bad rival either. In fact, I think he should have been Ash's main rival in the Best Wishes saga.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12