So I guess Georgia and Burgundy are all forgotten.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: So I guess Georgia and Burgundy are all forgotten.

Blog Entries

Default So I guess Georgia and Burgundy are all forgotten.

They don't appear to show in the remaining BW ep with iris and dento and I really doubt they would be heading off to johto.

Sayonara worst rivals ever.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: So I guess Georgia and Burgundy are all forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    They don't appear to show in the remaining BW ep with iris and dento and I really doubt they would be heading off to johto.

Sayonara worst rivals ever.
    They were not the best, but not the worst. Both were really fun to watch.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

All BW rivals were bad. It was painful to see any of them and I actually liked them.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I wouldn't say that they were the worst rivals. They weren't at Trip or Bianca levels of terribleness for me since they could be entertaining at times, but they were still pretty weak rivals. Their rivalries with Iris and Cilan went nowhere fast and I'm not surprised that they didn't get another appearance. I figured that the ending theme showing all of the rivals still in Unova, along with the fact that Ash and his friends were traveling through islands to Kanto, made it obvious that they weren't going to get another appearance. I'm not really too broken up about it because of said rivalries going nowhere.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I figured the Let's Join Hands ed was intended to be closure for the BW rivals which is why they haven't appeared since. Burgundy is shown to have returned to her sommelier studies and Georgia continues her journey as a dragon buster, while both keep in contact with their respective rivals. I would have preferred a farewell episode for both of them, but they did get some semblance of a conclusion.

Although I like the characters and find their comedic moments amusing, I think their greatest flaw were exactly that, they were used excessively for comedic purposes and not enough from a development standpoint. And no, some cameos in an ending doesn't count as character closure, in fact, it feels like cheating.
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magma Bomb View Post
    Although I like the characters and find their comedic moments amusing, I think their greatest flaw were exactly that, they were used excessively for comedic purposes and not enough from a development standpoint. And no, some cameos in an ending doesn't count as character closure, in fact, it feels like cheating.
    Name a developed BW rival.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

They really should've ended the rivalries properly, even if it was a meh way like with Trip/Ash. They did seem like rivals who wouldn't budge on their aims though. Why would Burgundy stop hating Cilan? Georgia wouldn't stop hating dragons either so maybe that's what they had to do? Not like they were taken that seriously, they never really did anything to be much of a threat.

Looking on the positive side of things: despite their lack of appearances tail end of BW, BW would of been a lot less tolerable if they weren't there at all.

The fact that they were in Best Wishes helped me find some positive things to say about this dreadful saga. Thus I will miss them but I'm glad we even got them at all.

... Who were they again?

Blog Entries

If they didn't give proper endings for Ash's rivals why would they even bother with those two.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    If they didn't give proper endings for Ash's rivals why would they even bother with those two.
    Trip got a proper ending - it was just anticlimactic.

Boulder Trainer Mikuri's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator

I guess the writers didn't know what to do with them. I mean, just look at the episodes in which they appear. Excluding their debut episodes, their only appearances outside tournaments are Clash of the Connoisseurs! for Burgundy and Crisis at Ferroseed Research! for Georgia, where they barely interact with their rivals.

Let's face it, these rivalries never made sense. Iris and Georgia bitching at each other all the time was like seeing two preschool kids arguing over something really stupid. Georgia could point out Iris's flaws sometimes but that never bothered Iris nor made her think about the things she was doing, so what was the point? They also never explained why Georgia hates Dragon-type Pokémon so much. As for Cilan and Burgundy's rivalry, well, how is Cilan supposed to see Burgundy as a contender if it's clear as day that she's way behind him? Being only a C-class Connaisseuse, Burgundy is still not good at talking shit in fancy ways. She also fails to get past the first round in every competition she enters, she is a complete loser.

They weren't given proper closure because there's really nothing to be closed. These two meaningless rivalries went nowhere and so the writers had no results to show.
    Ben 10 and martianmister like this.

Blog Entries

They weren't horrendous rivals, but not that great either. Though, frankly, I think Georgia was the most competent of the two, and seemed to have the most detail put into her (not saying it was a lot, but better than most rivals in BW). At least Georgia didn't lose every tournament in the first round, actually showing some skill and strategy (again, not a tremendous amount, but still showed some promise). Burgundy.... well... she better not quit her day-job just yet. While both were, more or less, comic relief, I do feel that they should've had more of a sendoff than what they received. Their rivalries were pretty much jokes, but, then again, Ash's and Trip's was very anticlimactic at times, so, really, they're all probably in the same boat with the other rivals.

In all truthfulness, I feel that Georgia and Bianca got the most attention of the rivals. Both showed that, despite their... quirks(?), they showed promise and a degree of competence. I mean, Bianca beat her first two Gyms with just Pignite (her only Pokemon at the time), and Georgia whooped Iris' powerhouse Excadrill the first time, then tied the second time, despite type-disadvantage (though the first win was more or less because Iris and Excadrill not seeing eye-to-eye at the time). Her Pawnard also had Snivy on the ropes for a while, so she obviously trained it. But obviously they showed some degree of skill and power. Burgundy was a total loser from the start, her goal was solely revenge on Cilan (overblown, mind you), so her one-sided rivalry seemed almost pointless. So she was the real failure of the two. At least Georgia showed some promise, though both were, regardless, handled poorly.

But, again, I feel she and Bianca had the most development and possible skill of the rivals in BW (at least in the latter's case, she was fun and had great chemistry with the gang, something that the gang themselves lacked). So, yeah, they're pretty much forgotten at this point, though at least Georgia had some impact (I mean, because of Georgia, Iris and Excadrill became a team again... something I wasn't happy about, mind you... but that's in the past now... *sigh*). Though in reality, all the rivals were poorly handled, but then again, the main cast was, too, so that pretty well sums up BW in a nutshell.

I still wish Georgia was Ash's rival instead of Trip... that would've been more fun and interesting, and maybe a bit more useful in the long-run...
    Leggo likes this.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikuri View Post
    They also never explained why Georgia hates Dragon-type Pokémon so much.
    It was because she was beaten really badly by a Dragon-type/Dragon-master.
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry ~ my fan-fiction
    x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast