Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 36.36%
  • No

    25 56.82%
  • Why (do you vote this option?)

    3 6.82%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

  1. #31
    Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,224

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    If Yugi from yugioh can be famous, then I don't see why Ash can't be well known as well.
    Because Yugi is haxxed to win all tournaments and Satoshi didn't win any?
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

  2. #32
    Hero in a Half Shell Duckgon Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Detroitish
    Posts
    1,968
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    There are probably like, dozens of regions in the Pokemon world, probably more. Some kid who's kinda gotten far in 5 or so of them in this huge world isn't really that big a deal, since there are probably loads of kids who do the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    A lot of people point out that Pikachu beat Regice and is therefore super powerful, but I tend to ignore that because it was such a bullshit victory. That wasn't a showcase of how powerful Pikachu had become; it was simply terrible, terrible writing.

  3. #33
    覚えてる? CommanderPigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Floriderp
    Posts
    3,468
    Blog Entries
    95

    Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    I kinda see the whole league tournaments similar to the Olympics - there are going to be a few home favorites and recurring competitors, but for the most part, it's full of newcomers and people who are more or less under the radar. Their visibility is really determined by the fans, which some fans might be more interested than others (like Max, for example, who probably follows all the league tournaments very closely). For the majority of the population, they probably just watch the league for entertainment, and can't bother spending their time keeping up with the specifics of it (kinda like me, when I watch the Olympics, lol)

    As for Ash saving the world nearly a dozen times...How many of those times were publicized? And how likely do you think people are going to remember his name even if they were? IDK, it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me XD

    "seasons change, people change"

  4. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    470

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    I believe he should, inside his universe, it would make sense. He hasn't won a League yet, and what he does in the movies isn't really known by the rest of the world, but placing Top 4 in the Sinnoh League after beating a freaking Darkrai and a Latios of all things should make him at least slightly famous. Not to mention Top 8 in Johto and Hoenn isn't too bad either. And he's Champion of the Orange Leagues. We also can't forget that he defeated the Battle Frontier. Now, the Battle Frontier thing might not be well known, but the League matches are broadcast on TV so people should know him.

    Of course that doesn't mean I'd like him to be famous. Two or three people recognizing him would be fine, but imagine if we had an obligatory minute or so every episode for a fan to be like "OMG U BEAT DARKRAI OMG OMG OMG!!!" (Actually, it wouldn't really be OMG, since god=taboo in the dub, but that's beside the point XD) Max knowing him was a nice little moment, but for every episode or every few episodes? God, no. It would be hilarious to see him react to fangirls, though. He'd friendzone them all without noticing. Poor clueless kid XD

  5. #35
    Registered User X-Strike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    353

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    I don't think he's done anything to garner that much attention. Sure, he's participated in the Leagues, and has done very well, but what has he done that would give him the label of "Superstar"?
    martianmister likes this.

  6. #36
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    If Yugi from yugioh can be famous, then I don't see why Ash can't be well known as well.
    Because Yugi is haxxed to win all tournaments and Satoshi didn't win any?
    I watch yugioh and as far as I know that Atem was the main character in first few series until he's name was reveal !
    Back then he was called Dark Yugi!!!
    Plus , I didn't saw Atem to use magic during his dual! Off course he got people in Shadow game but not in a Dual!
    He was also defected by a Normal human once and because of it Yugi got his soul sealed in order to save Atem!
    Plus , Do you think Yugioh would be popular if Yugi & Atem use Magic to cheat & win every dual !
    As far as I know , Nobody like's a cheater !
    Anyway , Within this 15 year , Ash should have won a Major individual Tournament & become a superstar by now like Yugioh!
    Not Just in Yugioh , almost all the protagonist of a Kids Sport Anime Wion something big & become some sort of Superstar!
    Like Beyblade , Inazuma eleven , Prince of Tennis , Bakugun , Dual master etc !
    But Ash still a nobody!!!!
    I mean , we reach the 15 anniversary and Ash haven't won a single Major Individual Tournament!
    Even a more pathetic protagonist like Yuma from Yugioh Zexal won the ''World Dual Carnival'' while Ash isn't allowed to win a ''Junior Cup'' for the sake of some other chatacter!
    Nice way to celebrate the 15 Anniversary !
    I mean , Ash winning the Junior Cup & becoming some sort of superstar in Unova might play a important role in Unova League conference !
    We might see various CotD in Unova League showing interest in Ash & targeting him because he won Junior Cup & researching about his Battling Style !
    Well , If you guys have any imagination then you people know what I'm saying!!!

  7. #37
    Cuter in real life Iteru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    10,733
    Blog Entries
    86

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    I think we all have enough of an imagination not to want Ash be the same as every other sport anime protag out there :P
    That and Pokémon isn't even a sport Anime...

    Seriously though, that sounds absolutely boring and unnecessary. We already saw the DP League participants research eachother regardless of fame so it would be absolutely pointless to have him be famous.

    Also, we don't even know who wins the World Cup so much of your argument is completely flawed.
    Grave-E and martianmister like this.

  8. #38
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,210

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Even a more pathetic protagonist like Yuma from Yugioh Zexal won the ''World Dual Carnival'' while Ash isn't allowed to win a ''Junior Cup'' for the sake of some other chatacter!
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen for another few weeks, but I still see the point you're making here. Though, the difference is that tournaments in Yu-Gi-Oh! usually involve a villain that threatens the characters' lives, if not the world, so it would be more important for the main character to win the tournament than it would be for Ash to win something like the Junior World Cup. He could still win it, but it isn't necessary for the story like it tends to be for Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonists.

    I don't think it's really necessary for Ash to be famous by this point. He's a good trainer, but I don't know if his skills should make him famous. All of the attention would just go to his head anyway. It could be kind of interesting at first, but it seems unnecessary to me.
    martianmister likes this.

  9. #39
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    That and Pokémon isn't even a sport Anime...
    This anime about Ash's journey to become a Pokemon Master which is probably a high position for a Pokemon Trainer!
    And those Pokemon Trainer participate in Pokemon Battle!
    And Pokemon Battle is a ''Sport'' in Pokemon Universe!
    Writer should focus on that but instate they focus on Ash's random journey to random thing!
    A good Story need's a Goal & writer has to put all his focus on that Goal!
    So , Writer should focus on Ash's goal of becoming a Pokemon Master rather then some random stuff & character!
    Unless Pokemon Anime is about ''Saving the World'' Like Pokemon Adventure Manga!
    I mean, From you point of view , Bakugun & Yugioh also shouldn't consider Sport anime since they focus on ''Saving The World'' but their Protagonist reach a high position within first & second season!
    I think we all have enough of an imagination not to want Ash be the same as every other sport anime protag out there :P
    And If you talk about Other Kid sport Anime Protagonist Then Ash probably the Worst Anime Protagonist!
    Because
    Not only Ash failed to win any major individual Tournament and gain any fame , he also got defected by a complete rookie Twice!
    Seriously though, that sounds absolutely boring and unnecessary. We already saw the DP League participants research eachother regardless of fame so it would be absolutely pointless to have him be famous.
    Not really !
    In Sinnoh , there wasn't any CotD in Sinnoh League conference & they only research about the person they gonna battle next or the person who has the highest chance of winning!
    However , Writer can make Unova League longer this time with various CotD !
    I would love to see the CotD's playing much greater role then just showing up ,Get beaten & Leave!
    I don't wanna see A League Conference where Ash only gonna beat Bianca , Steven ,Trip & New Rival!
    Writer can create various CotD with personality & Back-story that play's a important role in their Battle with Ash!
    In Ash's first League Battle , Various CotD might make their debut watching Ash from the background ! Those Cotd also might get their own friend there supporting them like Ash! They gonna watch Ash's battle & comment on that ! But For them to watch & Analise Ash's battle so closely , Ash need to do something which is gonna make him the 2ND Threat!
    Like how Drew was the 2nd Threat in Hoenn Grand Festival!
    I always hated how people fawn over him while Ash get treated like nobody!
    Also, we don't even know who wins the World Cup so much of your argument is completely flawed.
    With some Ash-hater writing the Anime , I find it less hopeful that they will be kind enough to let Ash win this!!!
    I always wish writer gonna prove me wrong but they keep proving I'm right about everything I say about them!
    They are focusing some much on other character that they totally ignoring Ash!
    They probably think Ash doesn't need any development because he's a main character so they should use Ash as a Main scapegoat for other character development!
    So, They probably might just waste this tournament for some other character like Trip or Iris!
    Even though , Ash need much more development then other character since he's the main character!
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 20th July 2012 at 01:23 PM.

  10. #40
    Monster Professor Dr. Mecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    397

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    Has he won more than 1 regional League? No? Then he's just another trainer easily forgotten once he moved out of that region.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

    Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

  11. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    Has he won more than 1 regional League? No? Then he's just another trainer easily forgotten once he moved out of that region.
    Some Pokemon Master he's shaping up to be.
    Gengarzilla likes this.

  12. #42
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    Has he won more than 1 regional League? No? Then he's just another trainer easily forgotten once he moved out of that region.
    Some Pokemon Master he's shaping up to be.
    What we can say ?
    Writer's are Ash hater !
    They doesn't even allow Ash to win any major Individual Tournament and doesn't let him be famous!
    It will be prove when Writer waste Junior Cup ark for some random character!

  13. #43
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,790

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    I don't know if he should be a star or not but he should atleast be a little more popular than he has been.

  14. #44
    eat
    eat is offline
    Registered User eat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    313

    Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

    lulzors. Ash flogchum has been the luckiest trainer of all time, and will probably bomb out in straight sets and lose to trip by eleventy billion points along the way. Besides, he is only doing so well this year because he finally got rid of that selfish uber-flog failure merchant Infernape. What a massive flog, 26 spoons and counting. roflpwnt, flogbags.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •