Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 36.36%
  • No

25 56.82%
  • Why (do you vote this option?)

3 6.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

Default Re: Shouldn't Ash be like a world renowned Superstar by know?

No, because in Pokemon, you're always a loser (unless you actually win a league).

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

A little recap of Satoshi's accomplishments were given when he faced Heath at the Battle Frontier, remember?

I think the writers would probably see something like "Satoshi being a world-famous Pokemon Trainer" as one more thing to have to keep track of. They might bring it up whenever they feel like it (Masato knowing about the Jouto League, Heath, etc.) but as a series-wide thing? I don't think the writers could be bothered.
    SammyW27 and martianmister like this.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 22nd, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Follow 146Chris On Twitter
    Visit 146Chris's Youtube Channel

I think Ash's work is known by some people but Hoenn is on one side of the country Sinnoh is on another and Unova is far away. Kanto knows everything he has done there and Johto but Hoenn and Sinnoh might know some like in the league's that are majorly broadcasted but Unova is so far away they can’t get the news.

Join The Poke League forums today, have a chance of winning a free copy of Pokémon X and Y!

Friend Codes
    Black - 5071-8752-3048
    Black 2 - 5372-8219-4417
    X/Y/3DS - 1891-1162-9584

Blog Entries

I don't think it would make sense also I think that battle dome thing was done via quick internet search not fame. There are hundreds of people in the single elimination parts of each tournament (except Johto) so it seems hard to keep tract of all of them the reason why the battle dome people knew or searched is because it's their job. The trainers in each tournament change every time because a lot them are new, retired or at different regions so there doesn't seem to be a point in remembering them if they are forgotten next year. Maybe he would be recognized in his home nation (Kanto, Johto Hoenn and Sinnoh) since he did every region in country right after each other but that is assuming it is common practice to watch all leagues in country. But given that there is problably lots of Trainer young trainers who mantain placement higher then 32 the media could bug everyone of them.

Not to mention you have to take into account how small each region is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Well if he passes on the opportunity to catch a legendary Pokemon. OR bringing his old Pokemon like Infernape, Torterra, Charizard etc. to the Junior Cup. Nope he will still remain the under dog he is.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I'm glad they don't portray him as famous. He is just one trainer of many, certainly he isn't the only trainer to go on journeys and compete in Leagues in more than one region. Any trainer could befriend champions and gym leaders in the same circumstance, this is just his story and his adventure. There are probably loads of other trainers out there helping in other ways and making discoveries out there in the anime-verse world, we just don't get to see them because this is Satoshi's story :3
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Shouldn't he be famous for having the natural gift of immortality? Seeing as, you know, he never ages a day, even on his birthday.

But yeah, at this point he probably should have SOME notoriety. Unless we're to believe the majority of Pokémon trainers go through what Ash goes through- 5+ years of wandering about and training, seeing several Legendary Pokémon on the way, beating all Gym's and getting far in Championships/Leagues.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

It would make sense for someone like Shirona or another champion to have some degree of fame, but someone like Satoshi? Personally, I believe being a skilled Pokemon trainer with some degree of success in regional leagues does not necessarily equate to worldwide renown. To date his only significant victories have been in the Orange League and the Battle Frontier. As a result of those two victories, perhaps it's a little unrealistic that only a couple of people are seen to have known Satoshi from his battles, but I certainly agree that the anime's depiction of Satoshi remaining an "everyman" despite his battle prowess is certainly fitting.

But he saved the world like 10-15 times already. That has to count for something. And off topic here isn't it funny how there are 10 Pokemon that created the World? Like Giratina, Palkia, Dialga and Arceus in Sinnoh. Reshiram and Zekrom in B&W then Rayquoza.

I chose no because he is not a super star. BUT in fact he is the Top 4 in Sinnoh League. Being the rival of Ash, Trip should have done research on him, just like how Conway do research before battling his opponent. And when he do his research, he should have realized Ash is a strong trainer.

People who know Ash should have find this out, but not everyone should know Ash.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrossword View Post
    But he saved the world like 10-15 times already.That has to count for something.
    No one know about most of these events. And they aren't that many.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

If Yugi from yugioh can be famous, then I don't see why Ash can't be well known as well. When ever everyone comes up to him, no one knows or cares about him. I'm surprised that no one knew about him when he went to Unova especially after his battle with Tobais like that.

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

He won't be till they end the show, if even then.

Ash is bad luck, who ever is with him always have to deal with these extreme disasters. :P

I think that Ash should get some recognition but NOT be super famous.

They should go the Max route and occasionally have a person say "Hey aren't you that guy who won the Orange League/Defeated Tobias' Darkrai/etc"

But him becoming a complete celebrity would damage his role as the audience surrogate. He still needs to be relatively unknown so that the young audience can relate to him.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

Check out my tumblr!

Fanfiction <- Please read and review if you like?

Blog Entries

I fully agree, his league successes aren't worth much fame (except maybe beating legendary in Sinnoh) and sure regional tournaments must not mean much in other regions, especially if you don't win them but things like saving the world and beating evil teams should be broadcasted in news of other regions as well. Therefore I think a bit of fame is in order for Ash.
    Pokémon lasts forever...

Fanfiction.net:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1962116/bladeofjudgement
    DeviantART: http://bladeofjudgement.deviantart.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast