23 56.10%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Pokemon get is own tv channel

Proud pearlshipper Airplanepilot501's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Airplanepilot501's Youtube Channel

Default Should Pokemon get is own tv channel

I thought about this for a while now.
    Since Pokemon is restricted to how many episodes it can show in a week, and Pokemon is way different from the content on cartoon network.
    It will have many benefits to the anime as a whole.
    It will also help pokemon to get is own identity as it's own network, not being a part of another network.
    Last edited by Airplanepilot501; 18th May 2014 at 10:53 PM.
    My 3DS friend code 1650 - 3154 - 9160

Reader and Writer Legacy's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Should Pokemon get is own tv channel

Not feasible, at least not on standard cable television. Would be cool if the possibility existed.

Coming Soon...

I just wonder if it's possible for Pokémon moved to another network like Disney or Disney XD or Nickelodeon.

Blog Entries

Let's just think what'll they give the name of the channel like PokéTV or Pocket Monsters Channel so yeah it should be needed for an indie Pokemon channel so we all can enjoy all variety shows from here.

My Current Sig is not for sale.

The toad of honor Sir Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes please! They could send other Poke related stuff there too as news about games, anime, things like that.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

Administrator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum HeadAdministrator

Quote Originally Posted by PokeDot517 View Post
    I just wonder if it's possible for Pokémon moved to another network like Disney or Disney XD or Nickelodeon.
    Disney Channel is all about playing their own original series and movies with no anime and the same goes for Nickelodeon. Disney XD and Nicktoons have aired anime before, so it's more likely that it would moved there, but considering that not too many people have those channels, it wouldn't be an upgrade over Cartoon Network, especially when both of those channels have been known to have anime series take long breaks from premieres.

As for the question, I don't think Pokemon should get its own TV channel. The idea sounds cool, but a channel composed of just one show would lose its appeal really quickly, even with the hundreds of episodes under Pokemon's belt. Pokemon also doesn't really need to carve its own identity with a TV Channel. It already has an identity as a long running series based on a popular franchise anyway. Besides that, it is expensive to make a new channel and I doubt that creating a Pokemon TV Channel would be worthwhile to TPCI financially speaking.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Think even I'd get sick of Pokemon 24 hours a day.
    Specially when you hit a long run of filler, could think of nothing worse.

Although the channel could be quite useful in the war on terror, hearing Bonnie shirek the words DA DEN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY a few times should leave even the most devout of fundamentalists confessing their secrets.

YOU miscalculated Pokemaster97's Avatar Bulbanews Senior WriterArchives StaffBulbapedia StaffSuper Moderator
    Blog Entries

Visit Pokemaster97's Youtube Channel

While interesting, I think the idea of a channel dedicated to Pokemon is unrealistic and I feel most viewers would grow tired quickly if they aired Pokemon 24/7. I also don't think it'd be worth the financial investement like Hidden Mew mentioned above.

Proud pearlshipper Airplanepilot501's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Airplanepilot501's Youtube Channel

Pokemon getting its own live internet TV channel might work. Pokemon already has it's own website, but the selection of episodes there is a bit limited.
    So i propose to TPCI to add Watch live Pokemon TV to there website. They could show the latest XY episodes and previous episodes of XY. And the previous series would get there own time to show. For example
    The Indigo league and Orange Islands episodes in order 7:00 AM-8:00 AM, Johto league 11:00 AM-1:00 PM, Hoenn league 1:00 PM-3:00 PM, Sinnoh league 3:00 PM-5:00 PM, Best wishes 5:00 PM-7:00 PM and XY 7:00 PM-10:30 PM.
    Then there could be Pokemon news and even a talk show.
    This service should be free, because the advertisement revenue should be enough to pay for the running and maintenance of Pokemon live TV.
    My 3DS friend code 1650 - 3154 - 9160

Blog Entries

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Airplanepilot501 View Post
    Pokemon getting its own live internet TV channel might work. Pokemon already has it's own website, but the selection of episodes there is a bit limited.
    So i propose to TPCI to add Watch live Pokemon TV to there website. They could show the latest XY episodes and previous episodes of XY. And the previous series would get there own time to show. For example
    The Indigo league and Orange Islands episodes in order 7:00 AM-8:00 AM, Johto league 11:00 AM-1:00 PM, Hoenn league 1:00 PM-3:00 PM, Sinnoh league 3:00 PM-5:00 PM, Best wishes 5:00 PM-7:00 PM and XY 7:00 PM-10:30 PM.
    This service should be free, because the advertisement revenue should be enough to pay for the running and maintenance of Pokemon live TV.
    I think it'd be better if they just streamed all the episodes in their website, without any kind of regional lock. It'd be nice if you were able to select a language (You could choose between the English dub, both Spanish and French dubs, German, Italian... and the original Japanese). I like the idea of a talk show, but they could upload one to their YouTube channel. That channel needs some love.

Blog Entries

Follow hopeandjoy on Tumblr Visit hopeandjoy's Youtube Channel

Pokemon doesn't have enough content to support a TV show. There's only one show in America and only two in Japan - and one's a variety show that would never work in the States. Unless they started making a crapload of new series, there's no way that a TV station could work.

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

They'd run out of things to show and would just reshow, it would get decent ratings at first then just die down.

It's on Disney XD here and they show it at like 3am, would imagine it would be the same there.

Administrator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum HeadAdministrator

Quote Originally Posted by Airplanepilot501 View Post
    I don't really see the point in a live Internet Channel. They could just make more episodes available on either Pokemon.com or Hulu since they are available longer than a few hours in the day. Pokemon news and a talk show doesn't really sound like it would fit well, especially when news would be pretty limited expect during the pre-release months of a new main series game and same for a talk show. Plus, Pokemon.com already covers news anyway, so it would seem unnecessary. The reason why the episodes are limited on Pokemon.com is because they rotate episodes from each major arc/series and it would probably be too expensive to keep hundreds of episodes on their site for a long period of time. Putting more episodes on something like Hulu would be a better solution than making their own live Internet TV channel.

I wouldn't mind if they did make XY episodes available online sooner. Unless you have On Demand or are able to watch episodes on Cartoon Network's website, there isn't a legal way to see more current episodes online, so something like uploading new XY episodes a week or so after they've aired on Cartoon Network would be nice.

While, like most have said, it sounds interesting, it's not worth it financially. They'd be better off letting people watch whatever episode they wanted for $5 a month, or something like that.
    update pending
    avatar | story | one-shot | poetry |

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    They'd run out of things to show and would just reshow, it would get decent ratings at first then just die down.

It's on Disney XD here and they show it at like 3am, would imagine it would be the same there.
    I remember Naruto Shippuden airing on Disney XD, for a brief time. I thought that was pretty funny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast