Should Jessie,James and Meowth be taking out of the Anime? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Should Jessie,James and Meowth be taking out of the Anime?

Plinkety plonk pianooo... Doctor Who's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Doctor Who On Twitter

Default Re: Should Jessie,James and Meowth be taking out of the Anime?

NO! WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?! THEY'RE THE FUNNIEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO POKÉMON!
    Darth Darkrai likes this.

Haters gonna hate

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Honestly the only thing TR was good for was new moves/evo's for Ash and the gang and BW proved that they aren't needed for that(with the exception of Crustle) so they should leave on this high note before the writers revert them to the crap they were before BW.
    Bubble Frog likes this.

Blog Entries

*ignoring the rest of the thread*

I really don't think TR is going anywhere any time soon. They're too popular to be taken out. Be that as it may, though, I don't know what more can be done with them. Then again, the whole appeal of TR is that they are most developed characters in the show. They have aspects that can be used as something other than their main premise. Another aspect is that no matter how many times they've tried to go straight, they are like a family now and can't live without each other, and evidently, know nothing more than to chase Pikachu. It's almost impossible for them to not be villains, but you know they're not truly evil, either. Their dedication to Giovanni is total, though. They would totally sacrifice themselves for him, but they are also the only ones to stop Gio when he went too far, too. You can try to eliminate TR, but the trio will probably operate on their own agenda regardless, or if they did turn good, they would somehow still be like rivals and probably would still want to get Pikachu. Is there a real end for TR? Only if TR is no longer popular.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

NO! Team rocket has been around since episode 2. yes they have had their low points but still with a new region with new pokemon and regaining some of their comediac material and the Meowth balloon back, it would be a step and fall backwards. replaceing jessie and james with Cassisdy and Biff would nullify why people have liked team rocket. FOR THEIR AMUSEMNET AND COMIC RELIEF. remember that if a show is way too serious and has no jokes, it becomes a documetary. Also Meowth is also a figurehead for pokemon just like Pikachu and Charizard. so NO to their removal!
    Darth Darkrai likes this.

No, but they should have a more serious personality than the one they had prior to bw. If they'd behave like in episode n, then it's fine.

Fire Warrior Neo Blaze's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Visit Neo Blaze's Youtube Channel

If they're slowly regressing to how they were in DP, then yes please. I'd rather have some serious villains who pose as a threat for the main characters than a comedic trio that are horribly forced and put in an episode just to solve a problem for a COTD or something and you just can't take serious. It also felt so good in BW knowing that Team Rocket wouldn't show up in every. single. episode. But now they seem to be showing up in nearly every episode again....
    Bubble Frog likes this.

Blog Entries

AGAIN THIS IS WHY THE SHOW IS STILL ON THE AIR TO ME AND AND MY OWN OPNION AND THEY HAVE TOTALLY REDEEMED THEMSELVES OF ALL OF BW AND THEY ARE THE COMEDIANS I HAVE LOVED FOR YEARS AND WHEN I AM WATCHING EVERY EPISODE FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE ANIME I HAVE ON DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomazzo View Post
    If they're slowly regressing to how they were in DP, then yes please. I'd rather have some serious villains who pose as a threat for the main characters than a comedic trio that are horribly forced and put in an episode just to solve a problem for a COTD or something and you just can't take serious. It also felt so good in BW knowing that Team Rocket wouldn't show up in every. single. episode. But now they seem to be showing up in nearly every episode again....
    There are serious villains in the anime, even Team Rocket is a serious villain organization, but TRio, whilst being part of Team Rocket, are not a group of threatening, serious villains, and frankly, they never will be. Their job is to seem evil, yet still be likable and occasionally team up with the twerps to bring down a regional villainous group, that will benefit both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Intelligence View Post
    NO! WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING?! THEY'RE THE FUNNIEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO POKÉMON!
    Hehe! I remember when people used to say things like this in Johto and it was a pretty filler boring saga. But after all these years in the "Da" series it seems like they are trying too hard to make them interesting even though they've stopped having a plot since Kanto.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
    There are serious villains in the anime, even Team Rocket is a serious villain organization, but TRio, whilst being part of Team Rocket, are not a group of threatening, serious villains, and frankly, they never will be. Their job is to seem evil, yet still be likable and occasionally team up with the twerps to bring down a regional villainous group, that will benefit both parties.
    Yet they were threatening and serious during the most of Best Wishes, you can't really deny that. During their occasional appearances in Best Wishes they weren't humorous at all, not being there for funny aspects once. I'm okay with Team Rocket being funny and all, but not in every single episode. It became so forced and boring by the time DP aired. I cringed everytime I saw them and when I watched the show on the internet most of the time I skipped the parts they were in. If they would show up like every 25 episodes or something like in BW just for fun but also to form a threat once in a while I would be okay with that. If not and from now on they're going to appear in every single episode again with the same time consuming motto, mecha and cliche ''capture the twerp's Pokemon'' plan just to be blasted off shortly after that, I'd rather see them go.

But even though they get on my nerves now I liked Team Rocket in Original series episodes on tv when I was younger. So if they go, I do hope they get a nice farewell episode or even a farewell arc.
    Last edited by Neo Blaze; 26th June 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    Bubble Frog likes this.
    Neo Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 90+ Shinies
    Obtained: 718 out of 719
    3DS Y FC: 0576-4616-1571

Plinkety plonk pianooo... Doctor Who's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Doctor Who On Twitter

Even though it's bee going on for 16 years, heckling Ash and capturing Pikachu never gets tiring.

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Intelligence View Post
    Even though it's bee going on for 16 years, heckling Ash and capturing Pikachu never gets tiring.
    It gets when they are shoehorned into an episode and hijack a chunk of it away for no reason, especially when their obstrusion interrupts a more meaningful event like a gym battle, a rival conflict or meddles with the evil team that is supposed to be the actual threat of the generation.
    By the way, if the writers stop to feel obligated to show their faces every episode and give us at least a breath of fresh air between their appearences I'll be greatly satisfied already, it will be a beginning because some people get tired of an overused formula. And it is not like they are the only source of humor of the world.
    Neo Blaze and Bubble Frog like this.

What I don't understand is this - the main changes that people want for the TRio are 1. not to appear in every episode and 2. to be serious. This is what they did in BW (even though they are currently "regressing") so why are people acting like this fantasy of theirs has never been achieved? Could it be possibly because they weren't really satisfied with the outcome?...

My personal opinion is that, serious or funny, the current lacklustre, robotic TRio needs to go. If they need to leave the show for that outcome to be achieved then what a shame, but frankly, good riddance.

Yet they were threatening and serious during the most of Best Wishes, you can't really deny that. During their occasional appearances in Best Wishes they weren't humorous at all, not being there for funny aspects once. I'm okay with Team Rocket being funny and all, but not in every single episode. It became so forced and boring by the time DP aired. I cringed everytime I saw them and when I watched the show on the internet most of the time I skipped the parts they were in. If they would show up like every 25 episodes or something like in BW just for fun but also to form a threat once in a while I would be okay with that. If not and from now on they're going to appear in every single episode again with the same time consuming motto, mecha and cliche ''capture the twerp's Pokemon'' plan just to be blasted off shortly after that, I'd rather see them go.

But even though they get on my nerves now I liked Team Rocket in Original series episodes on tv when I was younger. So if they go, I do hope they get a nice farewell episode or even a farewell arc.
    They were like that because they were given a '' promotion '' and direct orders from Giovanni. They had to report their progress every now and then, so they couldn't possibly laze around and get blasted off, and they also got new equipment, such as jet packs, to prevent blast offs. So that's why they seemed threatening and powerful, because they were watched and they absolutely had to do a good job or Giovanni would be displeased. After their mission was completed, Giovanni hasn't so far given them a new mission, and they have the time to laze around and get blasted off every episode, probably because of having to return their equipment and because nobody is following how they're doing in job to steal Pokemon or other significant pieces of the Pokemon world that could be used to rule the world. There's no pressure, they are just Team Rocket grunts again, and that's why they are back to their usual selves.

TRio being more threatening could be interesting, but if they give them back the jet packs and the smokebombs and all that, I hope they aren't going to give them their BW '' stale threatening villain '' personality. They can have big personalities AND be competent, and if the writers can only have a competent but '' robot-like '' TRio or a totally useless but '' fun '' TRio, I'd definitely want the fun one. It's what I and most of us grew up with, TRio centered episodes are still the best episodes, and whilst blasting off and their ridiculous mechas are getting a bit redundant, they are still the funniest and the most charming characters of the whole serious (TO ME) because they are set out to be THE VILLAINS, but yet they are still portrayed as MORE THAN JUST VILLAINS, but as people with personalities, tough pasts and dreams, which makes all of them sympathetic and likable.

TRio aren't the villains of Pokemon, whilst Team Rocket and other villainous organizations might be, but TRio aren't, not to me, and I'm still hoping for them to get the Vegeta treatment, if you know what I mean.

Blog Entries

They were like that because they were given a '' promotion '' and direct orders from Giovanni. They had to report their progress every now and then, so they couldn't possibly laze around and get blasted off, and they also got new equipment, such as jet packs, to prevent blast offs. So that's why they seemed threatening and powerful, because they were watched and they absolutely had to do a good job or Giovanni would be displeased. After their mission was completed, Giovanni hasn't so far given them a new mission, and they have the time to laze around and get blasted off every episode, probably because of having to return their equipment and because nobody is following how they're doing in job to steal Pokemon or other significant pieces of the Pokemon world that could be used to rule the world. There's no pressure, they are just Team Rocket grunts again, and that's why they are back to their usual selves.

TRio being more threatening could be interesting, but if they give them back the jet packs and the smokebombs and all that, I hope they aren't going to give them their BW '' stale threatening villain '' personality. They can have big personalities AND be competent, and if the writers can only have a competent but '' robot-like '' TRio or a totally useless but '' fun '' TRio, I'd definitely want the fun one. It's what I and most of us grew up with, TRio centered episodes are still the best episodes, and whilst blasting off and their ridiculous mechas are getting a bit redundant, they are still the funniest and the most charming characters of the whole serious (TO ME) because they are set out to be THE VILLAINS, but yet they are still portrayed as MORE THAN JUST VILLAINS, but as people with personalities, tough pasts and dreams, which makes all of them sympathetic and likable.

TRio aren't the villains of Pokemon, whilst Team Rocket and other villainous organizations might be, but TRio aren't, not to me, and I'm still hoping for them to get the Vegeta treatment, if you know what I mean.
    I wish there were more TRio centered episodes, because the only episodes they show up in nowadays are episodes with plots they have absolutely nothing to do with. Don't get me wrong, Team Rocket was also part of my childhood, it's just sad to see how they're randomly thrown into an episode with a role a COTD villain / thief / criminal could also fulfill. Yes, they also did that in the original series, but it was original and funny then. Now, in MY opinion, they've gotten stale and forced.

That's also why I liked serious Team Rocket, they gave me the feeling they actually did something and they felt fresh. I didn't even mind that they weren't comedic, because in MY book they hadn't been funny anymore for a long time, so didn't mind that change. I just liked it that they seemed useful for once.
    Bubble Frog likes this.
    Neo Blaze
    Owner of a Living Dex
    Owner of 90+ Shinies
    Obtained: 718 out of 719
    3DS Y FC: 0576-4616-1571

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast