Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ??? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a Tv Series?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 64.10%
  • No

28 35.90%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ???

Default Re: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    As much as I like to see it happen, no, because the as @97SaturnSL1; mentioned, the English dub will be awful (overdramatic voice tones, questionable dialogue, and lack of complex phrases), and I don't have access to see the original Japanese legally.
    What's wrong with that? The way the series is heading, I think a change is needed.
    Thanatos-Zero likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frazay View Post
    As much as I like to see it happen, no, because the as @97SaturnSL1; mentioned, the English dub will be awful (overdramatic voice tones, questionable dialogue, and lack of complex phrases), and I don't have access to see the original Japanese legally.
    What's wrong with that? The way the series is heading, I think a change is needed.
    You know how the series is geared towards kids right? Well the English dub to take it to the extreme by not using complex/clever dialogue like the U.S. kid shows tend to use, and the voice delivery of said dialogue will feel extremely unnatural, thus ruining the credibility of taking the show serious by an older audience, especially long-time fans.
    PockyAddict likes this.

You know how the series is geared towards kids right? Well the English dub to take it to the extreme by not using complex/clever dialogue like the U.S. kid shows tend to use, and the voice delivery of said dialogue will feel extremely unnatural, thus ruining the credibility of taking the show serious by an older audience, especially long-time fans.
    OK, how about a 1-hour special? I think I can settle for that.

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I agree with you on the forceness that the dub will have too.
    -------
    I also don't mind this being like the mystery dungons specials, but if they wanna succeed on that, they would have to give the characters personalities, and the story in my opinion will have to be good and developed. And in my opinon, just because it has great animation will not mean that the story will be good(Good Animation=/=Good Story sometimes in these cases). And I don't think the animation would probably be the same too.

Balmarian Mad Scientist Thanatos-Zero's Avatar

Visit Thanatos-Zero's Youtube Channel

I approve of a new anime based on the trailer. I rather want to see a new rookie, then a boy and his pikachu who gets hit with the reset button every new season.
    With new characters, who are still kids, there is the potencial to let them grow, mature and most importantly to not let them forget what they have learned over the time.

Remembers how Ash (Satoshi) fought Agathe (Kikuko)? I facepalmed literally as he actually forgot the very basics. Normal doesn't work on Ghost without Foresight and Odor Sleuth! Morthy (Matsuba) would have taken the badge from Ash away in shame.

With a new protagonist such a mistake could be justified, because said new protagonist had no experience with Ghost-Pokemon beforehand.
    Do you see my reasoning? That is why most of us love the Pokemon Special Manga over the anime.
    However most of us are still waiting for a anime version of the Special Manga, therefore I see in the trailer the very possibility for that dream to be realised.

Add Chiss on Facebook

I agree with Frotzy, the promo's animation looked much crisper and the characters looked much more interesting.

Blog Entries

The animation only looked more crisper because the promo wasn't the length of a full episode and because the budget for it was big. They clearly put a lot more money into it then a normal episode of the anime (logically too; its the advert to see the franchise's main draw. It's gonna get extra funds).

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You took the words out of my mouth

i would support a new series it if they geared the shows to kids and adults like how the creators of shows such as Cow and Chicken, I AM Weasel, Angry Beavers , Rockos modern life ect. the attitude and dialog needs to be an americanized style. thats what the shows above had and what made them popular with both kids and adults. if they have hugh talk like IR baboon and everyone say spoot then im all for the series. if you take a semi serious series and have it more on being more serious, you are just looking to appese an older demographic who may have more of a sence of whats going on leaving out the younger (money maker) demografic. since this trailer seems to follow a cliched setup of an anime that is a bit too serious and lacking in the humor division i cant support it becoming any series at all unless they americanize it a lot more (90s cartoon grade) in the dub and content departments it and have a bit more on comedy that would be on the cartoony side. other wise the trailer just speaks of a combonation of Naruto and pokemon. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh and for gettting rid of ash and pikachu would make as much sence to me as Ford Motor to stop selling Ford branded cars and trucks. it would be fatal to get rid of a well known icon in a francise because most kids think nof pokemon they think of ash or pikachu. i dont know of many people when they recall pokemon are going to immediatly think of kyouhie, hugh or mei at first thought. so if this became a sereis without ash and pikachu, then it wont be a priority for me
    Last edited by 97SaturnSL1; 7th October 2012 at 09:33 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345