Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ??? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a Tv Series?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 64.10%
  • No

28 35.90%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ???

Blog Entries

Default Re: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ???

Would make for a good "mini" or "side-story" it would be interesting to see the point of view of a new region from someone other than Ash and the gang. Sort of like Chronicles, and besides if you ask me it would probably boost game sales and promotions to see the new Pokemon used in good battles instead of being a "Pokemon of the day" where a new Pokemon is thrown into an episode for the sake of it making a Pokedex appearance.

I know for one as it has been mentioned before doing that type of crisp animation would take a lot of time along with keeping up with the consistency. However, what I did admire was how those 2 promos reminded me of Naruto especially the look and moves of the Shadow Triad if anything it was great to see Team Plasma in action and looking like an actual threat!

Another thing that the promo showed was the unique movements of certain Pokemon based on their body type I was especially impressed with the way Serperior used Slam and the way Scoutland ran across the Frenzy Plant to launch Hyper Beam in order to destroy the vines.

Overall, I would like to see a handful of "episodes" just to see how ratings go and from there it would be a nice touch to promotion. I would love it if they had a DVD to come with the new games so buyers could watch those promos :)

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After seeing the english Dub..I can say turning this into a series would be a nail in the casket. THE FREAKING CORNYNESS OF THE TRAILER GETS TO ME. i feel that the small amount of humor would be compleatly gone and this would be a carbon copy of the anime styinging and tooling how N.A.R.U.T.O Is done. As for being more "MATURE" there is No way that can be pulled off. Pokemon is geared twords the demographic of 6-13 yr olds. If this promo were to become persay a more "MATURE" themed series (compleatly spun off) Parents would think 'oh its pokemon its fine for my kids to watch' and with the promo spin off being a more "mature" sereis then parents would go all balistic if they saw some of the more "mature" aspects of anime in pokemon. Also i dont think this should be a series because of how of all of the setup of the characters. In the DuB (bear with me...) CHeren and Mei talk about there Battle will "BE THE BEST BATTLE TO REMEMBER" (insert sarcasam). With the Overdramtics, that ruins ANY anime in my opinion. Also due to the just the attitiudes of the characters i dont want this into an anime because it acts and sounds JUST like some of the animes i am not fond of due to the "WE ARE ALL IN HAPPY LAND" And "OMG THIS IS SO FREAKING LIFE STOPING IMPORTANT" Attitude.like sonic x,,, if you change the animes animation to this new stuff ill deal with it but they need to can the modern anime attitude and still have the current pokemon attitude. i doubt this will become a series and hope that it dont
    Five-Gate Omega likes this.

Yes, I think it should. It serves as a good example of what the anime could have been. I really dug the music and the Pokemon making animalistic sounds rather than saying their own names.

I'd like to see an anime that follows the plot of the games more closely, since the games are the reason I'm a fan of the franchise in the first place.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I'm not sure what to say, but I would have to say yes, because it, as @Saiga stated above, serves as an example of what the anime could have been like, and how much effort they could actually put into it rather than simply recycling plots with bland characers constantly.

Also is the fact that in the anime, the Pokemon only say their own names repetitively because it helps kids remember their names. The fact that the Pokemon make animal sounds in the promo somewhat makes the series more realistic, because the fact that having them say their own names over and over again (and the way they say their own names) puts them right before the level of your basic cartoon "talking animal", or more rather, makes them seem like talking animals with a speech impediment

Though in all honesty, it depends on how the stories, characters, and episodes are written, so it can be good or bad, it all depends on the writing.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

OSHAWHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Also is the fact that in the anime, the Pokemon only say their own names repetitively because it helps kids remember their names.
    Where has that been confirmed? Especially since they have humans, the eyecatches, the cards, and the games to help them. Not every Pokemon even does that also, or they only say parts.

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1
    If this promo were to become persay a more "MATURE" themed series (compleatly spun off)
    "If" is key- the most "mature" thing I got from this trailer was that bite-and-spin-the-Seviper around thing.
    martianmister likes this.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1
    If this promo were to become persay a more "MATURE" themed series (compleatly spun off)
    "If" is key- the most "mature" thing I got from this trailer was that bite-and-spin-the-Seviper around thing.[/QUOTE]

yep. i can see 4kids going balistic bout that.lol.
    anyways i would hate to see this trailer to become its own spin off and have the writers cram it full of "Mature" junk geared for 17-21 year olds to appese the fanboys/girls .. i dont think this should become a tv series is because that the acting was just to FREAKING serious. no humor or other traits that would keep that tooling would keep the target audience entertained. it may kep some people in the older age demographic entertained but for me, since Seriousness trumps all Humor. i cant bear to see this to become a tv series. To have a perfect show in my opinion, the writers would have to focus on More comedy aspects (which most animes dont:( ). if they can make this into a spinnoff written and designed just like Kirby: right back at ya (Yes im serious) then i am all for it to be a sereise. if they make this into a sereis and have Dan Green, 4th wall breaking, Falling anvil/slapstickj humor, refernces that we can reconize, and a few "getting crap past the radar" things like most shows of the 90s then im all for this to become a series

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

You know , There going to be a Special announcement about ""Pokemon Adventure'' in the BW Episode of 27 September to celebrate the 15 anniversary of Pokemon Adventure!
    This surprise me because The Anime never show any concern for any Pokemon Manga
    For a while , I thought that they might announce a OVA or Mini-side series of Pokemon based on ether ''Pokemon Adventure'' or ''B2W2 Anime trailer'' after seeing the Huge Popularity of B2W2 trailer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    You know , There going to be a Special announcement about ""Pokemon Adventure'' in the BW Episode of 27 September to celebrate the 15 anniversary of Pokemon Adventure!
    This surprise me because The Anime never show any concern for any Pokemon Manga
    For a while , I thought that they might announce a OVA or Mini-side series of Pokemon based on ether ''Pokemon Adventure'' or ''B2W2 Anime trailer'' after seeing the Huge Popularity of B2W2 trailer.
    The commercial is probably just going to be about the B2W2 chapter (sort of) starting... or about Pokemon Fan finally getting a new issue out which just happens to contain an Adventures chapter. And Special has nothing to do with the B2W2 trailer, so why would that being popular lead to Special getting an OVA?

One thing I felt like mentioning is that a lot of people in here say they're tired of Ash, and yet when the current episodes of the anime focus a bit more on Iris instead of Ash, "did they forget Ash is the star of the anime"? :| A change in protagonists won't change anything, that's proof enough right there.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    One thing I felt like mentioning is that a lot of people in here say they're tired of Ash, and yet when the current episodes of the anime focus a bit more on Iris instead of Ash, "did they forget Ash is the star of the anime"? :| A change in protagonists won't change anything, that's proof enough right there.
    Admittedly, it's a different part of the fanbase that's complaining about Iris getting attention than is complaining about Ash still existing, but it still proves that plenty of people still care about him.

I personally think that it should and should not be replaced. I loved the BW2 promo, but I still like the current anime.
    The reason why is should be replaced is that I think the characters have no personality. Many of them are just happy go lucky people, without a sense of sadness. (I know there have been some sad parts, especially the episode "Fire Evolution" or something like that.) But I think is shouldn't be replaced because the anime is basically what Pokemon would be in reality. Facing problems, meeting friends, and obviously, becoming the best Pokemon master there is.

And I'm also saying this because I hate taking sides... >.>

Yes, I do. I think it looked so amazing, and put together nicely. I kind of got tired of the way the series has become. I can tell it's marketed for the younger demographic, but I want more.

I really liked the animated advertisement, but I don't think I'd want the anime to look like that. I guess I'm just used to the current anime, and anything different would be unappealing to me. But I wouldn't mind seeing characters like N in our current anime; that's like my greatest wish since I'm a huge N fan.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

As much as I like to see it happen, no, because the as @97SaturnSL1; mentioned, the English dub will be awful (overdramatic voice tones, questionable dialogue, and lack of complex phrases), and I don't have access to see the original Japanese legally.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    As much as I like to see it happen, no, because the as @97SaturnSL1; mentioned, the English dub will be awful (overdramatic voice tones, questionable dialogue, and lack of complex phrases).
    i Agree. and the scene with cheren and Mei take the cake for my ideas on dubbing

also i dotn want it to become an sereis because with the original anime still in the format of a pre 2000 style of anime and the trailer being a Naruto era style of anime, that alone will just clash because there is a bit of an increase in the dramatic department and in the corny department too.also @Madonna stated a point i also gratly agree with. the current anime has been running over 15 years. anything new like that would just be too out of my taste. but if this were to become a tv series then Heads up! Im about to unlease MY RAGE! if they would get rid of the Nartuoy and sonic X character mentalilty then i would not be so negative about it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast