Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ??? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a Tv Series?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 64.10%
  • No

28 35.90%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ???

Blog Entries

Default Re: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ???

No. That trailer is overrated, seriously. And there's no way they'd be able to keep up that animation quality week after week.

Follow MikaelDerp On Twitter

I think they should make something like the promo a TV series for the older audiences, while also keeping the anime we've got now. So basically the Promo Series would become a show for a more matured audience.

Blog Entries

I think the characters for the game should be focused on too. There was a short series for trainer gold. That was pokemon chronicles.
    I think the promo should be a series.

No, not at all. There's nothing in this over-hyped trailer that the anime hasn't done yet. I don't know where people get the "this is more mature" vibe from. If this became a series, the quality in animation would decrease severely, since the trailer surely had the budget of at least 3 anime episodes to look that good. People easily underestimate how expensive animation is. I'm no expert, but I know a series with this quality animation weekly would bankrupt all of Pokemon for sure. That would lead to complaints of "baw they changed it now it sucks".
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    No, not at all. There's nothing in this over-hyped trailer that the anime hasn't done yet. I don't know where people get the "this is more mature" vibe from. If this became a series, the quality in animation would decrease severely, since the trailer surely had the budget of at least 3 anime episodes to look that good. People easily underestimate how expensive animation is. I'm no expert, but I know a series with this quality animation weekly would bankrupt all of Pokemon for sure. That would lead to complaints of "baw they changed it now it sucks".
    Except for the Plasma Storyline, which is obvious by now that they choose not to adapt into the anime itself.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

You know what I meant. :| The anime follows it's own continuity, with original characters, BASED on the games. An anime wouldn't be interesting if it was just a carbon copy of the games. Plus I'd rather that there'd be no "official" personality for the PCs.
    HumanDawn likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    Except for the Plasma Storyline, which is obvious by now that they choose not to adapt into the anime itself.
    They didn't say about NOT adapting it into an anime. Nothing has been said, and Akuroma could appear as well as Team Plasma sometime late in the anime.

But that aside, I think it would be great if they at least made it in an OVA.

Yes the trailer is a bit overRated! But I would love to see this more mature approach to the anime, probably cause I'm no kid anymore so I want the anime to grow up as well!

I think a long running series like that would get tiresome.
    It would be far better if they turned it into a movie.

OSHAWHAT?

If so, I don't think it should equally copy the games. In general, I think the trailer was good for what it was (although I wish the transitions were better), but that many people are overrating it. So I'm not that eager for one. It's not even guaranteed or likely the animated promo will have the quality animation and art from this 5/6 minute trailer.

So for me... sure, although I don't think it'd be that great.

No idea what the length should be.

Quote Originally Posted by elec-boy View Post
    I think the characters for the game should be focused on too. There was a short series for trainer gold. That was pokemon chronicles.
    I think the promo should be a series.
    Chronicles was only partially about the G/S/C protagonist guy, Jimmy (in the English anime). In general the series is the collection of special episodes 4Kids dubbed together (although the thing with Jimmy was a TV special on its own in Japan that aired much earlier than the special episodes- 4Kids divided it into three parts).
    Seasons =/= Regions

Follow PockyAddict On Twitter Add PockyAddict on Facebook
    Follow PockyAddict on Tumblr Visit PockyAddict's Youtube Channel

I have to agree that if it does exist as a anime, it would not look this good either. They will have to reduce the animation quality severely to save money so they can make multiple episodes. Animation like this is expesive, and is prob the main reason why they save this style of animation for the movies.

If there's a chance that this can be a real series, it would prob be in OVA form.

I'm going to start by saying that I haven't watched the anime for quite some time, and I don't particularly like it. But I personally think that it is ridiculous to think that this is what the anime should look like. Not only would the quality of the animation drop, as many people have stated, but even if the animation was kept the same, it would not make the show "more mature."
    This trailer did not look any more mature than the current anime. Sure, the animation was better, but the storyline was pretty much the same. We just got to see the "cool parts." But the action and story was as far as I'm concerned, probably about the same as the anime. Just because it was prettier, it doesn't make the writing and the story line any prettier.
    And for the people saying that the kid in this anime is way cooler than Ash, the fact is, you don't know that. We only got to see this kid for a couple of clips, and he didn't even speak in either of them. For all we know, this kid could be even dumber than Ash!
    I admit that I wish that the anime would follow the games, but as I said, I don't watch the anime anymore, the anime isn't for me. The anime attracts a very, very good amount of viewers all around the world. Not only has it managed to attract many new kids to the franchise, but it has managed to keep many of the old viewers for 15+ years. Why in the world would they change the formula just for a minority that hasn't even paid attention in years? I think they should keep the anime the way it is, and for those of us who don't like it, we can stop complaining about everything that we don't approve of.

Now if they were to do a Team Plasma arc on the side... that's something that I'm sure everyone could enjoy.
    YamiiDenryuu and Aeon like this.
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Verona View Post
    I'm going to start by saying that I haven't watched the anime for quite some time, and I don't particularly like it. But I personally think that it is ridiculous to think that this is what the anime should look like. Not only would the quality of the animation drop, as many people have stated, but even if the animation was kept the same, it would not make the show "more mature."
    This trailer did not look any more mature than the current anime. Sure, the animation was better, but the storyline was pretty much the same. We just got to see the "cool parts." But the action and story was as far as I'm concerned, probably about the same as the anime. Just because it was prettier, it doesn't make the writing and the story line any prettier.
    And for the people saying that the kid in this anime is way cooler than Ash, the fact is, you don't know that. We only got to see this kid for a couple of clips, and he didn't even speak in either of them. For all we know, this kid could be even dumber than Ash!
    I admit that I wish that the anime would follow the games, but as I said, I don't watch the anime anymore, the anime isn't for me. The anime attracts a very, very good amount of viewers all around the world. Not only has it managed to attract many new kids to the franchise, but it has managed to keep many of the old viewers for 15+ years. Why in the world would they change the formula just for a minority that hasn't even paid attention in years? I think they should keep the anime the way it is, and for those of us who don't like it, we can stop complaining about everything that we don't approve of.

Now if they were to do a Team Plasma arc on the side... that's something that I'm sure everyone could enjoy.
    This right here; The ONLY good reason to continue this as a 1-hour special is to give the entirety of Team Plasma scenario in ONE FELL SWOOP. It's obvious, due to BW's split timeline and nature of the plot, that ShoPro have no attention to show case N, Colress, Ghetsis, or any of the major plasma member in the anime itself. This is the ONLY chance to see them animated in 22min to 1 hour feature.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Blog Entries

It's obvious, due to BW's split timeline and nature of the plot, that ShoPro have no attention to show case N, Colress, Ghetsis, or any of the major plasma member in the anime itself. This is the ONLY chance to see them animated in 22min to 1 hour feature.
    ... Which is why they were going to air a two-parter all about Plasma right before the earthquake hit. There's still a chance we'll see that and that Team Plasma will find some role in the anime.

Although if that can't happen, I wouldn't mind a special ala the Legend of Thunder one adapting most of the Plasma story. I hate to imagine the shitstorms it'll raise with certain members of the fandom, but it might be interesting.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

continue this as a 1-hour special is to give the entirety of Team Plasma scenario in ONE FELL SWOOP. It's obvious, due to BW's split timeline and nature of the plot, that ShoPro have no attention to show case N, Colress, Ghetsis, or any of the major plasma member in the anime itself. This is the ONLY chance to see them animated in 22min to 1 hour feature.
    I'm not sure if they didn't intend to showcase Team Plasma beyond the planned two-parter. I also think that it's still possible for Team Plasma to appear at some point in the anime, but this isn't the topic for that discussion. However, a special that completely covers the Team Plasma storyline from both games, or even just B2/W2, sounds pretty awesome to me, despite not knowing much about the storyline for those games. I think that it would need to be longer than an hour if they were doing the whole Team Plasma storyline from both games, but it still sounds like something that could be interesting depending on how they handled it.

I don't quite understand why people think that this is more mature. It's a great trailer and I wouldn't mind seeing either more trailer for future games or even better, specials focusing on the new and playable characters for each new game in the main series, but it doesn't really give off a mature vibe for me.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 15th August 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast