Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ??? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a Tv Series?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 64.10%
  • No

28 35.90%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ???

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Should B2W2 Animated Promo become a TV Series ???

No. I liked the trailer, but I don't really see a reason for it to become a series when the same story has already been told in the games.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Eh, yes and no.

Yes for three very shallow reasons:
    -I'd like to see what the writers can do with a traditional length anime in terms of character development and plot (assuming it deviates from the games slightly).
    -I would love some really high quality animation to make cooler amvs XD
    -I want to see N so badly uuuuugh.

No because:
    -I don't mind the current anime and I don't think that another one would be the best economic venture (animation costs a LOT of money)
    -Since the trailers took scenes that were directly in the game, I doubt there will be room for much creative freedom...and anyways, the PLAYER is supposed to be filling those gaps in <_<
    -BW2 is cool and all, but I'd prefer it if they covered a more interesting game :P like hgss

Overall, I'm going to have to say no, just because I doubt they'll run two pokemon anime at once and I really don't want to lose the current one we have.
    YamiiDenryuu and PockyAddict like this.

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

No need to replace Ash's story. A special or side story would suffice

Blog Entries

The trailer was badass but I wouldn't like a direct adaptation because I like original characters and the way it handles the league. Though an ova would be nice. I think the obvious solution though is to just take the battle and art styles and put it in the current anime. Though not at the same production level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

Yes. But only if they put it on Toonami.

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

Blog Entries

I say keep the other Anime (even if it isn't very good...) and just add another Anime series... I mean Pokemon is a multi-BILLION dollar franchise they can shurley afford another series. One which is shorter and follows the games plot which will allow for better character development more cohesive plot and not be as fillartastic as the current one and maybe switch characters so others won't get stale.

So a shorter anime maybe 20-25 episodes would be great and probably do away with the stigma of Pokemon being a kiddy franchise.
    Last edited by Iteru; 24th July 2012 at 01:55 AM.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Yes, but as a spin-off show, a la Pokémon Chronicles. As much as I liked the animated promo, I would never believe it would replace the main show.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    I say keep the other Anime (even if it isn't very good...) and just add another Anime series... I mean Pokemon is a multi-BILLION dollar franchise they can shurley afford another series. One which is shorter and follows the games plot (which is you know... what a anime based on a game is supposed to do!) which will allow for better character development more cohesive plot and not be as fillartastic as the current one (nothing is wrong with fillers if they help develop the characters pointless fillers to drag things out however is bad) and maybe switch characters so others won't get stale (like Ash he's pretty pathetic getting beaten by a rookie seriously Pikachu should be at least level 100 by now and he get's beat by a Snivy?)

So a shorter anime maybe 20-25 episodes would be great and probably do away with the stigma of Pokemon being a kiddy franchise (which is the current Anime's fault)
    Even if it had a shorter amount of episodes like that, making another series would still be pretty expensive. Even with the success of the games and other aspects to the franchise, I don't know if they could afford to make another series in this economy, let alone want to spend that kind of money when they have an on-going series doing all of the advertising that they want to. Pokemon has always been a franchise aimed primarily at children. That's been the case since the first generation games came out, so it's not really a fault of the anime that people think Pokemon is for kids since it is.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Strike
    Yes, but as a spin-off show, a la Pokémon Chronicles. As much as I liked the animated promo, I would never believe it would replace the main show.
    I was under the impression that Pokemon Chronicles wasn't so much a spin-off show as it was a collection of specials. Still, I agree that something like that would be a better choice to make than making a whole new series. It would be less expensive and more likely to happen. I'd love it if they started to make a special for every new generation that covers the first part of the game, similar to the Mystery Dungeon games, since that would get more people hyped up to buy them. Though, that might be hoping for a bit much since they might want to save something like that for the main series and they could get away with that for B2/W2 since they're sequels, but it still sounds pretty cool to me and would offer something a little bit different every now and then.

Blog Entries

But how do we know the anime is only hurting the franchise? Is there any evidence that would suggest this?

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

NO

I think that they should NOT use this as a TV series. unless it was 100% pokemon. NO Humans or Trainers

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Strike
    I was under the impression that Pokemon Chronicles wasn't so much a spin-off show as it was a collection of specials. Still, I agree that something like that would be a better choice to make than making a whole new series. It would be less expensive and more likely to happen. I'd love it if they started to make a special for every new generation that covers the first part of the game, similar to the Mystery Dungeon games, since that would get more people hyped up to buy them. Though, that might be hoping for a bit much since they might want to save something like that for the main series and they could get away with that for B2/W2 since they're sequels, but it still sounds pretty cool to me and would offer something a little bit different every now and then.
    You have a point, Hidden Mew. The reason why I don't see the show being replaced is because this franchise is "kid-friendly"; I believe children will always be the main target, so keeping the show, the way it is, works. However, a spin-off for the older demographic wouldn't hurt.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Hypothetically speaking, it would be an interesting exercise to see how they handle making a shorter series based around the game's plot. I have a feeling the series would end up catching a serious case of Shonen-itis, what might seem a refreshing change of pace in an advertisement lasting a few minutes might not translate all that well to a whole series. That is, I could easily see the series dissolving into narmy melodrama just to appease older viewers.

Realistically, it just doesn't seem feasible. An anime aimed at older viewers just won't offer the same kind of lucrative merchandising returns as one aimed at younger viewers. As much as I'd like to see them have a go at a traditional length anime, it's just not in their best interests.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

This animated promo should be expanded and become Pokémon Sunday side stories. Or characters in this animated promo (such as player characters, Natural Harmonia Gropius and Shadow Triads) should be added into main story of the anime.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Will it replace the current anime? if so then no, if it doesn't then why not, the animation isn't as good but it seems interesting and nothing beats more pokemon on tv :)
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

追放されたバカ

No, because they do not listen to BMGf, Serebii or PokéBeach.

Therefore, they don't even know that this idea exists.

It can't happen if the Japanese kids don't want it, since they hold all the attention of TCPi...so no, because the right people aren't speaking up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast