Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak??? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak???

Default Re: Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak???

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Don't forget though guys, Satoshi did remove Pikachu from his Party and gave him to Okido during the Johto League...
    Actually, Ash only had two full party matches during the Johto League and in one of them he uses Pikachu. The match against Gary, where he doesn't use him, Pikachu is cheering him on from the coaching seats together with Misty, Brock and several of their pokemon. Which means that during that match Ash had seven pokemon in his Party; Pikachu + the six who was used in the match.

Pikachu never left Ash's side then and I don't think he ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by nattfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Don't forget though guys, Satoshi did remove Pikachu from his Party and gave him to Okido during the Johto League...
    Actually, Ash only had two full party matches during the Johto League and in one of them he uses Pikachu. The match against Gary, where he doesn't use him, Pikachu is cheering him on from the coaching seats together with Misty, Brock and several of their pokemon. Which means that during that match Ash had seven pokemon in his Party; Pikachu + the six who was used in the match.

Pikachu never left Ash's side then and I don't think he ever will.
    No, Satoshi had six Pokemon in his party. Just because Pikachu was at the sidelines right nearby doesn't mean that he was part of his official line-up... hell, he even states he isn't allowed to use Pikachu in the match because of this. Pikachu's ball must have been left at the PC along with all his other reserves at the time.

If it was as simple as you're putting it, why doesn't Satoshi just leave Pikachu's ball at Okido's and still take him with him so he could have seven Pokemon on hand... oh yeah, that's right. Its against the rules.

Blog Entries

Perhaps is just me, but season after season i feel like their relationship is getting weaker; or at least is not as enphasized as it was before. Please don't missunderstand me, i am not against new "flows" and constant renewal; but i would love to see once more an Ash-Pikachu episode trough which they share an adventure or something; to reinforce their friendship. New kids today that watch the anime might not be able to actually understand who is Pikachu; what it means that Pikachu is on his shoulder (his unique and strong personality; need to be free and not "locked" in a pokeball, etc) Pikachu being the symbol of a special particularity alredy filled with particularities (walking little alien-animals with amazing powers), which is that despite having the power to electrocute people and despite the fact that for poekmons is generally a common thing to be tammed; he fights not to. Pikachu is actually a companion, an actual friend; taking orders from Ash not because he rules over him but because he has shown him that he would gladly take more than one lighting if its what it takes to achieve his goals (do you remember those old episodes of Ash being electrocuted to tears while hugging Pikachu, not lettnig him go? Not letting his dream of becoming a master pokemon tamer go? now THAT was Pokemon ladies and gentelmen) I think that is that ambition what got them togheter and what makes Ash see Pikachu as an equal; and what makes Pikachu see Ash as his friendly-riding little shoulder, don't you agree?
    (i apologyse for the corniness)

No, I don't think he should. Pikachu should stay with him forever. ^^

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345