Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak??? - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak???

Default Re: Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak???

Ash and Pikachu are the show's main characters and its built around their friendship, I don't see it being of benefit to get rid of Pikachu. Ash and Pikachu are a mainstay, and its up to the writers to make a good show out of the places they visit and the people they meet.

"Ash and Pikachu have been friends since the beginning of the series. They can't be separated or else there would be no point!" they said. So was Brock and Misty until they left. ;>

But besides the joke, I also agree that Ash and Pikachu should always be together and having only Ash would be kind of awkward and unappealing.

Haha thats true, problem is Misty was a good character but due to her lack of an actual 'goal' and the 'Togepi Effect' her longevity was greatly compromised. Brock was lucky as he had a role as the father figure/ carer for the group and lasted a lot longer. Debatable whether his character ran its course or not though.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

He should cuz then Ash would be forced to use his damn pokemon but it will never happen lol.
    Spypitoad likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    He should cuz then Ash would be forced to use his damn pokemon but it will never happen lol.
    I thought Pikachu was a Pokemon, though.

Blog Entries

I wish, but Ash will never Oak Pikachu.

Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Non View Post
    -_-...where is the bad rep button when you need it.

You know what I meant so stop trying to troll.

Blog Entries

I'm not actually trying to troll, so much as point out that your post was poorly worded.

And more to your point, the only thing leaving Pikachu behind would accomplish is giving that particular Pokemon less screen time. The actual problems that you want fixed isn't solvable just by storing away a single Pokemon. For good or for ill, the writers on this show usually focus on specific Pokemon belonging to the characters. If Satoshi left Pikachu behind, they'd choose one of his new Pokemon to take most of the spotlight, just as they did with Mijumaru.

Blog Entries

I'm not actually trying to troll, so much as point out that your post was poorly worded.

And more to your point, the only thing leaving Pikachu behind would accomplish is giving that particular Pokemon less screen time. The actual problems that you want fixed isn't solvable just by storing away a single Pokemon. For good or for ill, the writers on this show usually focus on specific Pokemon belonging to the characters. If Satoshi left Pikachu behind, they'd choose one of his new Pokemon to take most of the spotlight, just as they did with Mijumaru.
    Except anybody with half a brain could see that Pikachu was excluded from that.

Ash would actually be forced to use his other pokemon instead of having a default always out lol. That is what I meant.
    Spypitoad likes this.

Blog Entries

Except anybody with half a brain could see that Pikachu was excluded from that.

Ash would actually be forced to use his other pokemon instead of having a default always out lol. That is what I meant.
    Still imprecise and poorly worded, though.

If by other Pokemon, you mean the new Pocchama/Mijumaru/Togepi/Kibago, then yes, I suppose I agree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    ok 1 why is this even a question. 2 pika and ash dont make the show bad the writers do.
    But the writers does not seem to be able to handle Pikachu anymore as they overuses him all the time.
    Overuse him... when? In fillers? Being used as a last minute device to finish a story? (Meloetta arc) To lose GYM battles?

I like Pikachu. But not BW Pikachu. He played the role of a mere cute pet during most of the time in this current series.

I guess I'm part of the minority who actually LIKED when he had more important competitive battles and won with absurd strategies and impossible power. He won't evolve. So the least he should do is be special.

With that said, I want Pikachu to be around so long as Satoshi is around. I like their friendship. I just want a Pikachu that does more cool moves mid-battle like in the previous 4 series...

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi Da Ze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    ok 1 why is this even a question. 2 pika and ash dont make the show bad the writers do.
    But the writers does not seem to be able to handle Pikachu anymore as they overuses him all the time.
    Overuse him... when? In fillers? Being used as a last minute device to finish a story? (Meloetta arc) To lose GYM battles?

I like Pikachu. But not BW Pikachu. He played the role of a mere cute pet during most of the time in this current series.

I guess I'm part of the minority who actually LIKED when he had more important competitive battles and won with absurd strategies and impossible power. He won't evolve. So the least he should do is be special.

With that said, I want Pikachu to be around so long as Satoshi is around. I like their friendship. I just want a Pikachu that does more cool moves mid-battle like in the previous 4 series...
    Lose Gym battles? I think that you should re-watch Burgh, Elesa and Roxie battles. And then we have the league. Pikachu brings down two of five Cameron pokemons. He wins against Serperior. He is the last one against Cameron. Pikachu is even more overused than Charizard is.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

Ash needs to switch out Pikachu for Gible.

Then gible can evolve all the way and obtain a mega stone and win Ash the league.

Blog Entries

I can't picture Ash without Pikachu. They're best friends and the show has pointed out again and again how strong their bond is. It wouldn't make sense for Ash to leave Pikachu behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    Ash needs to switch out Pikachu for Gible.

Then gible can evolve all the way and obtain a mega stone and win Ash the league.

I don't want him to leave Pikachu behind, so if Ash could bring both Pikachu and Gible, that would great! Seeing Ash train Gible all the way into Garchomp and then be able to use a mega stone for battles would really be something to look forward to.
    martianmister likes this.

Don't forget though guys, Satoshi did remove Pikachu from his Party and gave him to Okido during the Johto League...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast