Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak??? - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak???

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak???

I agree about that he is cute and he has been in the show a long time and it would feel empty without him but sadly he is extremely overused. Hope that he will sit back for most of the battles in XY.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries

No, Satoshi and Pikachu are like, best friends forever, he leaving Pikachu behind would be the weirdest thing to ever happen in the anime.

I do think he should avoid using Pikachu in Gym Battles, though, just for the sake of our entertainment.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Not at all. Ash and Pikachu are best friends and they've been through so much together. There's no way that they'd every separate. It would be too hard on both of them and not to mention completely jarring to see. Plus, there is the issue of Pikachu being the mascot of the entire franchise, so they aren't going to get rid of it. I wouldn't mind if it was used in fewer Gym battles though since it would give the other Pokemon a chance to shine, especially when Pikachu is always going to be around. I'm generally fine with Pikachu, even with how over-exposed it is, but I wouldn't want it to leave the show.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why would he? Pikachu's only his best friend in the world.

Seriously, though, whether we want it to happen or not is irrelevant - it's never going to happen.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, Pikachu should be Oak'd, along with Ash himself, so we can have a better character as the main protagonist.

Registered User SatoHaruFan2248's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ABSOLUTELY! In fact Ash should retire. I think he should have retired after Battle Frontier but then he should haved retire after Diamond & Pearl after he was in that part of the anime.

MAY & ASH FOREVER & ALWAYS

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Moving this to the main anime forum, as it's more of a general discussion about Pikachu, not an XY-specific one (we know that Pikachu will be travelling to Kalos with Ash anyway).

Blog Entries

Not at Oak, but I ever thought Ash need some time without pikachu on his party. Like a 30-episodes-spam with pikachu missing and Ash trying desperately find it, forgeting badges and all, training pokemon just to end the battles fast and search the rodent. It could show new colors about pikachu and Ash himself, finding he is (more) helpless without his main partner.
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    Yes, Pikachu should be Oak'd, along with Ash himself, so we can have a better character as the main protagonist.
    the current anime is about ASH and PIKACHU's Journey to become the greatest pokemon master. to have Pikachu taken out of the show's main focus. by putting in a new character to replace either is a restart from square 1. also Pikachu is one of the best known pokemon of all time, to get rid of him, you lose a lot of character reconition. to get rid of one of the major symbols of poekmon makes as much sence as driving and accelerating on the freeway while throwing your car into reverse at the same time. Now if ash would replace Pikachu with a Watchog... that may be a different story

LOL I'm pretty sure Pikachu has nothing to do with XY being a good saga or not

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by valzz View Post
    That's like saying Ash has nothing to do with being a good saga or not. In my opinion, everything makes a good saga, from the cameos to the development the characters get. I would like to think that the Pokemon Ash catches will effect the saga in a way/shape/form.
    Spypitoad likes this.
    x
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest
    profile pic ~ my poetry
    x

Blog Entries

Pikachu should just be run over by and be turned into roadkill so we can finally see oak cloning ash a new one before kalos and giving a real reason for the reset.

Empress of the Bird Reich Lyrebird's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally it would be weird but I stopped watching ages ago. If I was Ash I would have evolved him earlier, way earlier or at least stuffed in him a box.

Even though that I wish that Pikachu would not be used more often and letting some of Ash's party shine. He will never be removed from the show completely. That's gonna retcon some parts in the traditional formula of the anime.

But I do think that the writers can just have Pikachu not be used more often. It won't ruin the show at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by valzz View Post
    That's like saying Ash has nothing to do with being a good saga or not. In my opinion, everything makes a good saga, from the cameos to the development the characters get. I would like to think that the Pokemon Ash catches will effect the saga in a way/shape/form.
    I agree but I think this thread is saying Pikachu is the only thing that can ruin this saga when alot more can happen with Ash

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast