Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak???
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak???

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak???

Do you like the idea of Ash not using Pikachu in Kalos and leave him with Oak? Do you think that XY anime has a bigger chance of being good then?
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Should Ash leave Pikachu with Oak???

Ash isn't ever going to leave Pikachu. If I was him, I wouldn't either. The two are the best of friends and inseparable. Not to mention that Ash's X/Y artwork shows him with Pikachu, so that confirms his appearance.

No way. You can't break the two of them up. They're best friends. You'd either have to get rid of both of them or keep them both. They're the staple of the show and have been since the beginning. Plus there's the whole Pikachu is the mascot of the Pokemon franchise thing so yea.

But I get that'd it'd be cool to see Ash with a brand new team of 6, could make for a more dynamic team. But in the end it would not feel right at all. And that's coming from someone who doesn't really like Pikachu that much

Blog Entries

Follow Life on Tumblr

Should he leave Pikachu?

Will he leave Pikachu?

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Palpitoad View Post
    Do you think that XY anime has a bigger chance of being good then?
    Leaving Pikachu at the lab won't stop the writers from being any less bad...

Might as well write Satoshi off altogether at that point. Absolutely pointless.
    Last edited by FANG-TAN; 17th August 2013 at 01:15 PM.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

It wouldn't make any sense; it would ruin the whole show. Ash and Pikachu have been together for the entire show and it would break everything. Pikachu is perfect for Ash, and there's no reason to separate them.
    No.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No. Even though I find Pikachu to be much more annoying in recent times, I can't see Ash not being with him. After all of this time of them being together, Ash leaving him behind now would just be totally weird. I also can't see any possible way as to how the series would improve without him. Not that any of this matters as Pikachu is already confirmed to be in the next series.

Seek the sparrow prince Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

I would love for Pikachu to be Oak'd/Killed off but it won't ever happen.

You do know that if he left Pikachu, he'd have no pokemon left on his current team to help him catch the XY pokemon right? Besides that, Pikachu is already confirmed to be in the XY series. There's literally no point in discussing this.

Also hell no, I like Pikachu.

Well, we know for a fact that he won't be left behind, and honestly, I don't know why he should be. In the games, you always start with new Pokémon because you're supposed to be a different trainer, but if Pokémon were real, would you leave your first Pokémon, who's also your best friend, behind? I wouldn't. And the writers being bad has little to do with Satoshi still having Pikachu and more with them trying to experiment with bad ideas and reusing their bad ideas over and over again.

Pikachu is the mascot of the franchise, so he will never be at risk of being kicked out of the show.
    Even in-universe that would be a pretty dumb move since Pikachu already proved many times to be one of Ash's strongest Pokémon (at least, in the end of his journeys).

No, Ash leaving Pikachu is like Ash without an arm.

It just isn't pleasing on the eye.

Do you like the idea of Ash not using Pikachu in Kalos and leave him with Oak? Do you think that XY anime has a bigger chance of being good then?
    That's like asking, should the knife, ditch the fork? The two just go together always have always will.

There are 5 characters who make the anime, they will never be gotten rid of. These are Ash, Pikachu, and the Rocket Trio.
    They tried getting rid of the Rocket Trio, I think it lasted for 12 episodes before they caved in and brought them back.
    They tried changing the Rocket Trio so they weren't really the Rocket Trio anymore, that lasted longer, but eventually they saw sense and brought their real selves back.

If they couldn't get rid of/change Team Rocket, they definitely won't be able to get rid of Ash, Pikachu, it'd kill of the show for good.
    Last edited by Genwunner; 17th August 2013 at 03:11 PM.

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Genwunner View Post
    That's like asking, should the knife, ditch the fork? The two just go together always have always will.

There are 5 characters who make the anime, they will never be gotten rid of. These are Ash, Pikachu, and the Rocket Trio.
    They tried getting rid of the Rocket Trio, I think it lasted for 12 episodes before they caved in and brought them back.
    They tried changing the Rocket Trio so they weren't really the Rocket Trio anymore, that lasted longer, but eventually they saw sense and brought their real selves back.

If they couldn't get rid of/change Team Rocket, they definitely won't be able to get rid of Ash, Pikachu, it'd kill of the show for good.
    Sadly, that is true. Why can not the show build on Palpitoad? Then at least I would be happier!
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Don't be silly, guys. It's pretty damn obvious that the only reason they gave Pikachu so much focus in BW was to write him off. The Mewtwo movie was a way of introducing Ash and Mewtwo together so they can be travelling partners in Kalos.

(Srs time though, I don't want Pikachu gone. I like the species and Pikachu, while overused, isn't a scene-hog with an obnoxious personality. I think he's a good, mature addition to the cast, and I think that he adds a lot to the show.)
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast