Should Ash just release Pokemon has has no intention of using again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Should Ash just release Pokemon has has no intention of using again?

Blog Entries

Default Should Ash just release Pokemon has has no intention of using again?

Look at BW now, the only Pokemon ash uses more than once in 20 eps are pikachu and the starters, if he doesn't want to use his other Pokemon like BOldore and palpitoad why not just release them like he dd Charizard and Primeape to someone who would use and appreciate them?

Moe
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Should Ash just release Pokemon has has no intention of using again?

He shouldn't because the early Johto release episodes were painful to go through as they contrived plots to nicely get rid of Ash's Pokemon, would hate to see that repeated over and over.

If Ash just tossed aside Pokemon after they'd done a job, he'd be Paul.

Default Re: Should Ash just release Pokemon has has no intention of using again?

There's no point in releasing any of the Unova Pokémon now because they will all be stored in the PC when Decolora ends anyway. In fact, I think they should use this last filler arc to give them a last hurrah before that happens.
    A better solution would be the writers not making Ash catch Pokémon they have no intention to write about in future generations. Keep him with a team of 6 (or 7 Pokémon at max) and we are done.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Exactly. It would be so painfully out of character for Ash to release his Pokemon just because they've done their job and he has no plan to use them again. It would be kind of cruel to release Pokemon after going through a journey with them, even though most of his Unova Pokemon don't have much personality. Still, Ash wouldn't let any of his Pokemon go unless it would be more helpful to them or it was something that the Pokemon wanted. That has been the case with all of Ash's other releases, so I don't see the need to change that, especially when going against that would be against Ash's character.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No. Why should he? They can easily be stored with Oak. And he should try to use every pokemon sometime.
    Bubble Frog likes this.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

I wasn't aware he had Pokémon he had no intention of using again?
    Bubble Frog and Life like this.

Blog Entries

I honestly prefer him catching more than six or seven... but I would prefer to see better rotation and more in depth look at his Pokémon. My opinion is give him the capture amount of Best Wishes... but give his Pokémon the depth that they got in DP. Also I don't mind some releases as long as they are done right. The releases of Butterfree and Lapras felt natural and weren't contrived. I wouldn't mind more releases like those as long as they didn't overdo it.

Also I don't think Ash ever plans on not using any of his pokemon again, to him they are all his friends and he will likely rotate them in and out during filler like he did with Battle Frontier, although I wish he did have better rotation.

"What we create in the present is merely a shadow, nay, a reflection on our past."
    Quote from little known author: Lee Austin
    Inkay - Officially Claimed

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Exactly!

Professor Oak wouldnt have all of those other pokemon to make scenes for new openings nor would he have more pokemon to amusingly injure him with running gags such with Muk

He can catch as many pokemon as he wants. Just because he catches new ones and don't use the older ones doesn't mean he should get rid of them. If that'd happen then people would be saying he was cruel. So I rather he just be like other trainers and catch as many as he can.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Dispose of people that no longer have any use to you.

Sounds like a good moral to teach the kids.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Keep all of your Pokémon in a lab with an old man and a wuss, and take them from him every 250 episodes because you feel like it.

That's how you treat your partners, kids. JK.

Seriously, one of the best things about the BW series I'd wish they'd have implemented is the idea of rotation. It'd be nice to see Ash to rotate his Pokémon around from all of the regions next series.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 29th June 2013 at 09:49 PM.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

I think the whole "pure advertisement of new Pokemon" aspect really hinders the show. Dumping all his Pokemon except for Pikachu at the lab made sense the first time he went to Houen, because there was actual good plot development that went with it (Houou, Shigeru starting anew, and whatnot).

Every other time though, it's like, why the hell do you even bother, Satoshi? Use your BAMFing Pokemon at the lab more than once in a while, man!

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FANG-TAN View Post
    I think the whole "pure advertisement of new Pokemon" aspect really hinders the show. Dumping all his Pokemon except for Pikachu at the lab made sense the first time he went to Houen, because there was actual good plot development that went with it (Houou, Shigeru starting anew, and whatnot).

Every other time though, it's like, why the hell do you even bother, Satoshi? Use your BAMFing Pokemon at the lab more than once in a while, man!
    Exactly. At that time, it made legitimate sense due to the plot development that went behind it. Post going to Hoenn (Houen), it's like, what are you doing, Ash? O_O

He could've potentially used so many of his older Pokémon in the Unova (Isshu) League. Then again, we all know how that went, though. -____-

Still, I have a feeling he would've done significantly better considering the huge arsenal of Pokémon he has now.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    Look at BW now, the only Pokemon ash uses more than once in 20 eps are pikachu and the starters, if he doesn't want to use his other Pokemon like BOldore and palpitoad why not just release them like he dd Charizard and Primeape to someone who would use and appreciate them?
    No thats idiotic, should he release the Tauros that he never uses and them BAM, uses it in BF? or the Noctowl he didn't really use much and then BAM, uses it in the league and wins him a figth.

Again no thats idiotic.

If the next league is an old pokemon are used league, Boldore, Palpitoad or anything else might get a chance of being used just like the other old pokemon got used before.

Also Charizard and Primeape aren't released, they are in training, Charizard can be called just like any of his other pokemon, its just to Liza instead of Oak, as for Priemeape we have no idea.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Most definitely not, I personally think that Ash should rotate his Pokemon between his team and Oak, much like his Unova team, rather than just dumping every Pokemon he owns except Pikachu at Oaks, never to be seen or used ever again and using ONLY the Pokemon from the current generation (save for Pikachu and occasionally Charizard).

What I want is for him to constantly rotate his team rather than just using the same team for the entire generation.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast